"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Tonight for Halloween I am dressing up as Chinese Democracy.  Which means I won't dress up for my costume for 15 years and when I do it will have too many uneccesary additions

You also should have one too many layers and be heavily leaking... 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Been listening to OMG on a loop. Shit, I absolutely love Oh My God. I woulda give anything for like an official video or whatever, I mean, imagine that, omg. Pur magic.
Jesus fn Ch.
Jack D. 

Loved the song since it was released in 1999. Went to WalMart the day the fucking soundtrack dropped. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’ve got that shirt, Picked up at a thrift shop for $1 in about 1996

Well then, I've got even better news for you

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=guns+n+roses+spaghetti+incident+shirt&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Edited by Azifwekare

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Wow, too bad I’ll never sell it, it was too small so I never wore it and it’s like new. Makes me wish I’d kept all of my old guns shirts from the 90s.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:52 PM, SAU3R said:

I just listened to Live Era and thought, that the PC intro was sooo much better with a little crunch than the sterile, clean intro they play on NITL

The intro of the NITL version is terrible all the way up to the whistle.. Axl's voice.. The little extra woh oh oh oh oh ya thing he does sounds bad. It sounds even worse when he sings it over that classic Slash intro lick.. Then the strange place he blows the whistle.. After all that they rockit though.. Would be nice to have it be awesome all the way through though. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Loved the song since it was released in 1999. Went to WalMart the day the fucking soundtrack dropped. :lol:

I haven't listened to it in over a decade but I used to like it too.. Also went out and bought the CD. I used to try and play it for all my friends. No one gave a shit or liked it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, Pinball Wizard said:

I've been dealing with a pretty fucked up case of depression for 8 months now, I've been absent from work on a medical leave for half of this year because of it. I lost my dad last year and I haven't digested it yet. It's not the first time I struggle with depression and GnR has got me out of it before.

Anyways. Today I decided to get out and I went to the GYM to see if it could help me blowing off some steam. I had a panic attack while I was running so I decided to head back home asap. I had my headphones on and I played a playlist I have on spotify and Breakdown came on. It's been a loooong time since I've listened to it, so I paid lots of attention in an attempt to change my focus and bring myself back. It's weird how messed up Axl must had been back in the days when he wrote this song and how it completely describes the moment I'm living now, 28 years after its release. Specially on these verses:

When I look around
Everybody always brings me down
Well is it them or me
Well I just can't see
But there ain't no peace to found
But if someone really cared
Well they'd take the time to spare
A moment to try and understand
Another one's despair

That's one of the big reasons I want them to release new music. This guy's a genius lyricist. 

Hope you're doing better now buddy. We're always here for you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Wow, too bad I’ll never sell it, it was too small so I never wore it and it’s like new. Makes me wish I’d kept all of my old guns shirts from the 90s.

I have the dust n bones shirt practically new. Bought it in a record shop in 92 and its 2 sizes to big for me, but i wont let it go.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I have the dust n bones shirt practically new. Bought it in a record shop in 92 and its 2 sizes to big for me, but i wont let it go.

Nice... I used to have the double sided all over print UYI shirt in the late 90s, wore it to death until it went in the bin. Very regretful.   Back then I’d always find gunners shirts at used clothing stores, never even think to look these days 🤔

At 2:52 of State of Grace, I hear "I ask myself "for whats this meaning"?  With the bold part being 99% he says that and the italic part being he probably says something like that

At 2:28 he says "You thought you had it figured out but now?????????"

Just playing around with my definitive Chinese Democracy playlist, this is where I'm at:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Atlas Strugged
  3. Perhaps
  4. Better
  5. The Blues
  6. There Was A Time
  7. Catcher In The Rye
  8. Hard School
  9. Sorry
  10. I.R.S.
  11. Madagascar
  12. State Of Grace
  13. This I Love
  14. Prostitute

Zero filler. As an album that is as good or better than both Illusion albums in my opinion.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Is DJ Ashba involved, most likely from a Production standpoint, in GNRs upcoming (lol) album?

There's absolutely no reason for him to be, so I would guess no. Also, no one has any idea who's involved at this point or if an album is even in the works.