DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I downloaded some random 1993 full show from Germany to listen to in the gym and Slash plays literally every song and solo differently the entire show. It's kind of wild. 

On 08/12/2018 at 8:05 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

What's the best performance of Slither? I've yet to hear one that was enjoyable the whole way through... the verses are usually fine but Axl ruins it during the chorus, every time.

I think the one in Honolulu was one, if not the best, performance of the song.

Ya guys remember the 2006 Axl, with the braids and all? Well, we're now closer to a sci-fi year of 2030 than we are to 2006. 

Think about it. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Sad 1

Listening to the '06 demos. The final version of IRS really suffered from overproduction.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Listening to the '06 demos. The final version of IRS really suffered from overproduction.

The '06 leaks of IRS and '07 leaks of CD and The Blues are soooo much better than the final versions, IMO.

• Like 1

Was thinking how awesome it would be if, while Slash is touring with Myles & The Conspirators, Axl were to put together his own band with Finck & Bucket & Fortus and tour music from the ChiDem era. Band could be called W.A.R., they'd open with ChiDem, and maybe even finish the main set or encore with Nightrain so we get some more awesome Bucket Nightrain solos, but the setlist would be 99% ChiDem stuff. They'd play theaters and charge a fortune but I would happily pay $200-300 a solid 90-120 minute show of ChiDem songs.

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Jackie Chan
If The World
This I Love
Buckethead Solo (#BringBackNunchucks)
TWAT
Piano Moving Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)
Street of Dreams
Atlas Shrugged
Seven
Finck Solo
Better
Berlin
Thyme
IRS
Going Down w/ Stinson on lead vocals
The General
Prostitute

Encore:
Sorry
Scraped
Catcher In The Rye
Nightrain

Then Axl & Slash can tour the AFD/Lies/UYI hits together à la Serj and Daron these days with SOAD. ChiDem fans get to hear the songs they want in more intimate venues, and classic GNR fans get to hear the hits and AFD/UYI deep cuts in stadiums and arenas. As much as SOAD fans are unhappy that there isn't a new SOAD album, at least Serj and Daron get to release and tour new music of their own.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Then Axl & Slash can tour the AFD/Lies/UYI hits together à la Serj and Daron these days with SOAD. ChiDem fans get to hear the songs they want in more intimate venues, and classic GNR fans get to hear the hits and AFD/UYI deep cuts in stadiums and arenas. As much as SOAD fans are unhappy that there isn't a new SOAD album, at least Serj and Daron get to release and tour new music of their own.

That would be awesome. It would have been awesome if it happened a long ass time ago when the guys were closer to their prime.

Does anyone know what Paul Tobias actually sounds like? The only guitar part I know is his is the doubled track over Slash's Sympathy For The Devil solo.

And of all the times I've watched RIR3, I can see him playing but can never hear it.

19 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Does Robin Finck play on Silkworms? I know Dave Navarro plays on Oh My God.

I would assume he does or at least he did on the live versions. 

The General reminds me of the Hateful Eight score. Hope it gets released someday...

My comment was deleted? Nice. Is discussing GNR material, that was used as their concert intro, forbidden? Or is this just not the thread for it? Some clarity would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

My comment was deleted? Nice. Is discussing GNR material, that was used as their concert intro, forbidden? Or is this just not the thread for it? Some clarity would be appreciated.

Comment restored, that was my bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cineater said:

Theres no way gnr would be support and vh headliners. Nitl has had more crowd and higher revenue than van halens last tour in 2015. I would hazard the other bands would be demanding top billing. Van halen just cant pack stadiums and nitl has proved gnr can.

I fucking love guns n roses.

Like so fucking much. Man I know they aren't perfect and they don't have as much material as they could.  

But holy fuck I love this band.

• Like 2

Hi everyone. So I'm new here - I used to follow the band closely until Chinese Democracy came out. Could somebody please fill me in on anything I may have missed in the past ten years? Thanks

Just now, Rock the Cock said:

Hi everyone. So I'm new here - I used to follow the band closely until Chinese Democracy came out. Could somebody please fill me in on anything I may have missed in the past ten years? Thanks

I assume not a lot, right?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

I assume not a lot, right?

Yeah! I think not much.

They change 17 different guitar players, 2 bass players, 3 drummers, 2 keyboard players.

They reunited in 2016 (But not with Izzy, Matt, Gilby and Adler only played in 3 shows)

They did a 3 year tour that endend last December and it was the second most profitable tour in history.

They were not late for a sing show of the tour which went off without a glitch.

Slash got divorced and remarried.

Duff's kid open for them in a couple shows.

They now have a female keyboardplayer.

They release the most incredible boxset with tons of songs, commemorating the 30th AFD anniversary.

They released lyric videos for Shadow of Love and Move to the City

Axl was the lead vocalist for the remaing dates of the ACDC tour in Europe.

Axl sang in a cartoon song called "Rock the Rock".

So, just the usual. Nothing much...

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Yeah! I think not much.

They change 17 different guitar players, 2 bass players, 3 drummers, 2 keyboard players.

They reunited in 2016 (But not with Izzy, Matt, Gilby and Adler only played in 3 shows)

They did a 3 year tour that endend last December and it was the second most profitable tour in history.

They release the most incredible boxset with tons of songs, commemorating the 30th AFD anniversary.

Did slash and meeghan marry?.

9 hours ago, Legendador said:

Yeah! I think not much.

Thanks for such a detailed response! I was hoping to hear there's been a load of great Chinese Democracy-era leaks, but I guess that was just wishful thinking haha

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Rock the Cock said:

Thanks for such a detailed response! I was hoping to hear there's been a load of great Chinese Democracy-era leaks, but I guess that was just wishful thinking haha

On that front there was:

-the studio version of Silkworms

-a new version of Oh My God with Bumblefoot

-Going Down (Tommy on lead, Axl on backing vocals)

-most of the remix album

-a barely audible cell phone recording of The General being played on the sound system at an afterparty (which was the basis of an Evader remake)

-House Of Blues 2001 pro shot

-San Juan 2010 pro shot

-a 2009 instrumental rehearsal of Chinese Democracy

-two new clips (each at seconds long) from 2002 VMA rehearsals.

-Madagascar, The Blues and There Was A Time from 2001

Edited by Azifwekare

The second photo pisses me off.

I would not make a good celebrity. Seriously, get your phone out of the mans face!

• Like 4