DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

10 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I wonder if Slash would be okay with Buckethead or Robin Finck playing a song or two with them as a quest in a concert some day.

I feel like Slash would be A-OK with just about anything as long as it didn't effect his loot. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I feel like Slash would be A-OK with just about anything as long as it didn't effect his loot. 

Yup.. Hate to say it but Slash but has pretty much sold his soul for this "reunion"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yup.. Hate to say it but Slash but has pretty much sold his soul for this "reunion"

I cringe more at the thought of slash being onstage with ashba as either acsecond or third guitarist and thats something axl considered!

• Like 1

We have more than enough covers in the set but I want to see Black Leather thrown in the rotation. Maybe rotate it with BHS/The Seeker 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Anyone ecxcept  dj ashba 

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

We have more than enough covers in the set but I want to see Black Leather thrown in the rotation. Maybe rotate it with BHS/The Seeker 

Ditch BHS all together. 

Black Leather would be cool though. Some of the Spaghetti Incident stuff would be cool to hear once in awhile. Down On The Farm would kick ass too and that is a song Axl could still nail. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I cringe more at the thought of slash being onstage with ashba as either acsecond or third guitarist and thats something axl considered!

I still have residual cringe from when Slash appeared at the Superbowl with Fergie, sparkly tophat and all, to perform SCOM.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I still have residual cringe from when Slash appeared at the Superbowl with Fergie, sparkly tophat and all, to perform SCOM.

Goddammit, I hated that. 

• Like 1

Here’s one...

Pretty tied up fades out before the last couple of lines that are printed in the uyi lyrics in the book.

is there a studio version out there where you can hear the last words?  I know axl used to sing them live

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yes a i agree with that....hasnt he also done something with rhianna?.

• Like 1

Doing things with artists from other genres or even doing things just for money is not selling out unless you're breaking your principles to do it. I'm not sure why Slash doing things with MJ, Rhianna, or Fergie is selling out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yes a i agree with that....hasnt he also done something with rhianna?.

This gets mentioned alot and people usually seem suprised to hear about it. Here it is for anyone who hasn't heard it.

This was also around the time Fortus was in her band, before the CD tour started again.

5 minutes ago, Stro said:

Doing things with artists from other genres or even doing things just for money is not selling out unless you're breaking your principles to do it. I'm not sure why Slash doing things with MJ, Rhianna, or Fergie is selling out.

The Fergie thing wasn't necessarily selling out, it's just that anything involving any of the Black Eyed Peas is pure cringe. Although having said that, Beautiful Dangerous is a great song.

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Goddammit, I hated that. 

I probably would have hated it too, but the Packers won the Super Bowl that year so I view it in a positive light :lol:

Unrelated to your post, the entirety of Locomotive and the end section of Coma are Axl's finest moments as a lyricist.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • GNFNR 1