"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kiss are one of the acts that have never really been something the English people have liked. It is curious how you mention Garth Brooks as he is another one. Kiss, Garth Brooks, Dave Matthews, Tool. 

I think there was alot of interest in kiss from the uk, when they reformed and played donnington i think 96 but thats it. Thats judging by stuff ive read on the net, but over here they were and probably still are have a very healthy fan base. Hence why they still tour here. However i like dynasty and unmasked so i suppose my tastes can be questionable.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think there was alot of interest in kiss from the uk, when they reformed and played donnington i think 96 but thats it. Thats judging by stuff ive read on the net, but over here they were and probably still are have a very healthy fan base. Hence why they still tour here. However i like dynasty and unmasked so i suppose my tastes can be questionable.

It is a bit like Wrestling and Superbowl basketball. I suppose it is a sort of cult thing. 

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Don't feel bad man, I played the crap out of Dynasty.  Some hidden gems on it, Ace's take on 2000 Man along with Save Your Love and Hard Times.  Like Dirty Livin by Peter too.  Off topic, sorry.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Don't feel bad man, I played the crap out of Dynasty.  Some hidden gems on it, Ace's take on 2000 Man along with Save Your Love and Hard Times.  Like Dirty Livin by Peter too.  Off topic, sorry.

Yep and i do like charisma as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Download said:

I think some of Axl’s best work is on CD, but so is his worst. 

His worst is on Illusion 2:  Shotgun Blues, Get in the Ring, and My World. Sad thing is the music on Shotgun and Ring is pretty good, but Axl ruined those songs with horrible lyrics. My World is just garbage all around. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, GNRfan2008 said:

His worst is on Illusion 2:  Shotgun Blues, Get in the Ring, and My World. Sad thing is the music on Shotgun and Ring is pretty good, but Axl ruined those songs with horrible lyrics. My World is just garbage all around. 

I love both Shotgun Blues and Get In The Ring.. Hell I even like My World for what it is. 

2 hours ago, ezosk said:

I eventually learned how to love My World.

It is a cool little piece of music to end an album.. I wouldn't want a whole album of that from GnR but it was cool for what it was.. I liked how the played it over the PA at the end of the Get In The Ring shows too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stro said:

Has the band done any bar/private shows with the NITL unit?

You could argue that the Apollo show was “private”. I think it was only for SiriusXM subscribers and a few contest winners.

And the Troubadour show, but only because of it being in such a small place. It wasnt “private”

• Like 1

So I was thinking about my favorite GN'R shows all time, sort of which shows from each 'era' I would pick for wide release:

One of the Japan shows for 2009

London show for 2006-the one with Sailing

2002 Boston

Skin and Bones, either one of the Argentina shows or the Hartford show.

UYI, either the Philadelphia show from July, Las Vegas or one of the Forum shows. Maybe one of the Swedish shows

I don't know about the Appetite era though?

I know every time I listen to boots from '87 or '88 they're amazing. Just not sure. What do y'all recommend I could listen to? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2019 at 4:07 AM, UsedYourIllusion said:

So I was thinking about my favorite GN'R shows all time, sort of which shows from each 'era' I would pick for wide release:

One of the Japan shows for 2009

London show for 2006-the one with Sailing

2002 Boston

Skin and Bones, either one of the Argentina shows or the Hartford show.

UYI, either the Philadelphia show from July, Las Vegas or one of the Forum shows. Maybe one of the Swedish shows

I don't know about the Appetite era though?

I know every time I listen to boots from '87 or '88 they're amazing. Just not sure. What do y'all recommend I could listen to? 

Probably melbourne 88

Marquee UK I think 87

I'm wanting to hear some of the shows when they supported motley crue in 87.

For all we know, Axl's been sitting on his arse for more than 3 months and counting, because he really doesn't have much to do ATM.

We know he's the one who takes most of the time when it comes to making an album, so that's A LOT of time (8-10 months if you count this past 3 months) to work. He totally could've been working on it if they are planning a late-2019 release. It's not impossible, Axl has proven more than once that he's not the same person he was before the reunion. Everyone but Slash is basically scratching their balls (minus some stupid little projects like Richard's), so they could all be working on it as we speak. Then Slash comes back from touring and does his thing (which we know he does INCREDIBLY fast). It's not impossible, and also not that hard to think given how professional they all were during the NITL tour.

Of course, I expect a 2020 release for obvious reasons, but I would say that the chances of a 2019 release are far more than just a 10%.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this thread is the right place for weird musings concerning the rims of the Gn'R universe. :lol:

Imho Robin Finck is mentioned in Tori Amos' Song Sugar. A B-side from 1994. It supposedly is a song about her relationship with Trent Reznor. Tori apparently was very close with the whole band at the time. #crazyfantalk

The reffrain goes:

Sugar, bring me sugar
I know the Robins bring
Bring me many things but
Sugar, he brings me sugar

Edited to add: I have a thing for fierce redheads on a piano.

Edited by lilacmess

1 hour ago, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody know why the 'You Could Be Mine' music video ain't up on Guns N' Roses YouTube page?

My guess is something to do with the rights/permissions involving the scenes with Terminator 2

• Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 1:03 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

For all we know, Axl's been sitting on his arse for more than 3 months and counting, because he really doesn't have much to do ATM.

We know he's the one who takes most of the time when it comes to making an album, so that's A LOT of time (8-10 months if you count this past 3 months) to work. He totally could've been working on it if they are planning a late-2019 release. It's not impossible, Axl has proven more than once that he's not the same person he was before the reunion. Everyone but Slash is basically scratching their balls (minus some stupid little projects like Richard's), so they could all be working on it as we speak. Then Slash comes back from touring and does his thing (which we know he does INCREDIBLY fast). It's not impossible, and also not that hard to think given how professional they all were during the NITL tour.

Of course, I expect a 2020 release for obvious reasons, but I would say that the chances of a 2019 release are far more than just a 10%.

If reports are anything to go by, Axl has been sifting through CD era material, and given Duff's comments about Axl having material (and Slash's about using Axl's material), i'm inclined to believe there is activity ongoing for a new album.