"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

13 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

When are we going to get a clear message from management that a new album is in the works & a deadline by when they want the album out. When the next album comes out will we wait another 10 years for the follow up album? When are the band members who have side projects/solo projects put them on indefinite hold to complete the 'supposed' up & coming album? Would those side projects/solo projects sell as many or do as well without the Guns name attached to the personality's.   

Yeah. I doubt anyone familiar with the Ways of the Rose will go out publicly and say anything regarding launch dates until the record has been pressed and is ready to be shipped out to retailers. I think for now we should just be happy some of the band members seems interested in perhaps releasing new music at some point in the future and continue to not hold our breaths.

• Like 2

After reading some debate on another forum about re-recorded vocals on the L&L singles (Shadow Of Your Love and Move To The City acoustic), I've isolated the vocal channels from those tracks. They're not modern recordings, but they're really cool to listen to. The vocals on Move To The City are fantastic, vintage Axl. I'm gonna try to make multi-tracks for the whole AFD album and Lies/SOYL, unless someone else has already done that?

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the alt version of Don't Cry on the radio this afternoon. It's weird enough to hear anything besides WTTJ/Brownstone/PC/SCOM and maybe sometimes Patience, so just the start of Don't Cry had me perk up and then the alt lyrics started and I was :wow:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

44 minutes ago, Stro said:

I heard the alt version of Don't Cry on the radio this afternoon. It's weird enough to hear anything besides WTTJ/Brownstone/PC/SCOM and maybe sometimes Patience, so just the start of Don't Cry had me perk up and then the alt lyrics started and I was :wow:

I've heard it on the radio once too, and I was surprised when the lyrics started. I assume it's the kinda song they only play by request, or maybe during a 'weekend 90s segment'. YCBM and Civil War get some airplay around here too, and LALD/KOHD, in addition to the ones you already mentioned. November Rain sometimes, too. Seattle/Vancouver area rock stations play a fair amount of GNR (I alternate between 3-4 rock stations but that's still a decent number of 'radio songs'.)

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Question, does anyone know if Izzy rerecorded his vocals for Dust N' Bones for Live Era? Axls parts in some of the song are muted, missing. Or maybe it's a collection of different verses from different performances? Also, on the 'clean' version, Izzy sings "he laid her sister" instead of "fucked", wonder if that was a rerecording or edit

Edited by UsedYourIllusion

What I like about the future prospects is the idea that once they really start working on the record, it will surely take some time, so there might be some occasional shows (like now in the fall), and it will be actually quite reasonable during the course to expect one or two new songs to be played at those gigs. Now that will be exciting! Like, some people perhaps expected it last year, but that was obvious nonsense. But let’s say at those 2020 shows, especially during the first one, we’re talking about a whole new game. I expect huge traffic on the forums! Also guessing the album title will be thrilling. Cockroach Soup, anyone? :D

Most bands (if not all of them) websites has a section for their music and discography, I was browsing GNR home page this morning and realized there not even a single mention to their music, only tours, photos and merch. 

This actually says a lot.

19 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Question, does anyone know if Izzy rerecorded his vocals for Dust N' Bones? Axls parts in some of the song are muted, missing. Or maybe it's a collection of different verses from different performances? Also, on the 'clean' version, Izzy sings "he laid her sister" instead of "fucked", wonder if that was a rerecording or edit

What version are you meaning? UYI? Live era?

1 minute ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

No worries, probably a fruitless endeavor. Live Era only has 2 or 3 really good tracks anyways, not like you're missing much

I already had everything I wanted so it seemed pointless buying it. Love Dust n Bones!

• Like 2

Ironically, VR's albums sound way more dated than Chinese Democracy, despite most of the CD songs being written in 1997-1999 and inspired by 1992/1995 fads. VR sounds heavily dated to both mid 2000s and mid 90s at the same time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

So, even if they released another Live album you wouldn't want it? Even with no rerecording?

No, i don't think so. Not with Axl's vocals as they are now :lol: I don't listen to the NITL concerts anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the concerts i went to but sound wise i'd rather listen to Illusion or Appetite era.

Just now, janrichmond said:

No, i don't think so. Not with Axl's vocals as they are now :lol: I don't listen to the NITL concerts anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the concerts i went to but sound wise i'd rather listen to Illusion or Appetite era.

That's what I mean, old school GN'R. I definitely don't think a NITL album is coming 😂 I hope not. What about a good '91,'87 or '93 show?