"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I don't really need it either, but minding how big this tour was I do think there's a great possibility of a live album being released sooner or later. Surely, they'd do a lot of cleaning-up on the vocals first, no question about it... like with Madonna's Eurovision performance. 

37 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

I don't really need it either, but minding how big this tour was I do think there's a great possibility of a live album being released sooner or later. Surely, they'd do a lot of cleaning-up on the vocals first, no question about it... like with Madonna's Eurovision performance. 

"Cleaning up" is an understatement I think.  They would have to do some CSI level stuff to make some of those vocals album presentable. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

That's what I mean, old school GN'R. I definitely don't think a NITL album is coming I hope not. What about a good '91,'87 or '93 show?

I'd love them but ultimately i want the proshot DVDs from AFD/UYI era. All of them :slash:

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'd love them but ultimately i want the proshot DVDs from AFD/UYI era. All of them :slash:

I wish Axl would reconcile with Marc Canter... he's probably got the 'holy grail' in terms of classic GNR footage - videos of their early shows, and UYI songs in their original forms, with soundboard audio. It's a shame they didn't restore/remaster those recordings for the AFD box.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the Jungle ending is basically a ripoff from the ending of KISS Exciter?

Ive always listened to these and always though "oh, theres where Jungle comes from", today I was listening to it and decided to check on the webs to see what people had to say about it and to my surprise, didnt find anyone talking about the similarities lol Im I going crazy and theres no similarities at all?

Edited by default_

On 24/05/2019 at 3:36 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I wish Axl would reconcile with Marc Canter... he's probably got the 'holy grail' in terms of classic GNR footage - videos of their early shows, and UYI songs in their original forms, with soundboard audio. It's a shame they didn't restore/remaster those recordings for the AFD box.

Are they still not talking?

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

DUFF MCKAGAN: How AXL ROSE And SLASH Inspire Me To Become Better Musician

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-how-axl-rose-and-slash-inspire-me-to-become-better-musician/

I wish neurotic outsiders would do a reformation. I really liked that record.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits is currently sitting in position 101 in the Billboard 200, its very rare that the album has dropped out of the billboard 200 since its release in 2004 15 years ago. Its been quite the little earner for GNR has that album.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits is currently sitting in position 101 in the Billboard 200, its very rare that the album has dropped out of the billboard 200 since its release in 2004 15 years ago. Its been quite the little earner for GNR has that album.

NITL tour was a great promo for GH

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Recording with them on Tuesday. I'll try to put out on Weds.

I'd love to know if he actually showed up to record it or if he did it from his house. Any stories from the recording process would be amazing :)

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2019 at 5:10 AM, default_ said:

Has anyone noticed that the Jungle ending is basically a ripoff from the ending of KISS Exciter?

Ive always listened to these and always though "oh, theres where Jungle comes from", today I was listening to it and decided to check on the webs to see what people had to say about it and to my surprise, didnt find anyone talking about the similarities lol Im I going crazy and theres no similarities at all?

Wow, it's been so long since I've heard that song.  I actually had Lick It Up on vinyl, but you may be right. 

If GNR does the festival circuit without any new music (which is almost assuredly at 100% chance of happen if only because with new music they can do another year or two or three of touring) I don't expect many if any set changes but some small, doable ones I'd like:

Cut: 

Coma

10 minutes of the RQ solo

Black Hole Sun

Add:

Street of Dreams (at least a couple of tries)

Reckless Life

Fall to Pieces (if they'll do Slither, FTP isn't completely out of the question imo)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stro said:

If GNR does the festival circuit without any new music (which is almost assuredly at 100% chance of happen if only because with new music they can do another year or two or three of touring) I don't expect many if any set changes but some small, doable ones I'd like:

Cut: 

Coma

10 minutes of the RQ solo

Black Hole Sun

Add:

Street of Dreams (at least a couple of tries)

Reckless Life

Fall to Pieces (if they'll do Slither, FTP isn't completely out of the question imo)

If they keep Shadow, i doubt they would add Reckless. Similarly, i think they would keep Slither rather than introduce Fall to Pieces. Just easier that way. If they must keep doing covers though, i would like them to reintroduce Marseilles. 

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1