DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

16 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Meaning? Bootleg wise?

yeah, CDs bought before the internet age.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

yeah, CDs bought before the internet age.

So, even if they released another Live album you wouldn't want it? Even with no rerecording?

10 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

So, even if they released another Live album you wouldn't want it? Even with no rerecording?

No, i don't think so. Not with Axl's vocals as they are now :lol: I don't listen to the NITL concerts anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the concerts i went to but sound wise i'd rather listen to Illusion or Appetite era.

Just now, janrichmond said:

No, i don't think so. Not with Axl's vocals as they are now :lol: I don't listen to the NITL concerts anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the concerts i went to but sound wise i'd rather listen to Illusion or Appetite era.

That's what I mean, old school GN'R. I definitely don't think a NITL album is coming 😂 I hope not. What about a good '91,'87 or '93 show?

I still think they could release a good NITL live album, but only if 95% of it is from April or Summer 2016. Maybe throw in Wichita Lineman and Shadow Of Your Love, but nothing else from 2017-18.

I don't really need it either, but minding how big this tour was I do think there's a great possibility of a live album being released sooner or later. Surely, they'd do a lot of cleaning-up on the vocals first, no question about it... like with Madonna's Eurovision performance. 

"Cleaning up" is an umderstatement I think.  They would have to do some major CSI level stuff to make some of those vocals album presentable.

37 minutes ago, vikute91 said:

I don't really need it either, but minding how big this tour was I do think there's a great possibility of a live album being released sooner or later. Surely, they'd do a lot of cleaning-up on the vocals first, no question about it... like with Madonna's Eurovision performance. 

"Cleaning up" is an understatement I think.  They would have to do some CSI level stuff to make some of those vocals album presentable. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

That's what I mean, old school GN'R. I definitely don't think a NITL album is coming I hope not. What about a good '91,'87 or '93 show?

I'd love them but ultimately i want the proshot DVDs from AFD/UYI era. All of them :slash:

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'd love them but ultimately i want the proshot DVDs from AFD/UYI era. All of them :slash:

haha, i want literally all of them! I need some more '88 Axl in my life, Perfect Crime, Dust N' Bones, proshots 

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I wish Axl would reconcile with Marc Canter... he's probably got the 'holy grail' in terms of classic GNR footage - videos of their early shows, and UYI songs in their original forms, with soundboard audio. It's a shame they didn't restore/remaster those recordings for the AFD box.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Has anyone noticed that the Jungle ending is basically a ripoff from the ending of KISS Exciter?

Ive always listened to these and always though "oh, theres where Jungle comes from", today I was listening to it and decided to check on the webs to see what people had to say about it and to my surprise, didnt find anyone talking about the similarities lol Im I going crazy and theres no similarities at all?

Edited by default_

On 24/05/2019 at 3:36 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I wish Axl would reconcile with Marc Canter... he's probably got the 'holy grail' in terms of classic GNR footage - videos of their early shows, and UYI songs in their original forms, with soundboard audio. It's a shame they didn't restore/remaster those recordings for the AFD box.

Are they still not talking?

12 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

15 Guns N' Roses tracks released in 26 years...

And to a large portion if the fan base there have been zero Gn'R tracks released in that time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

And to a large portion if the fan base there have been zero Gn'R tracks released in that time

That's their opinions and they are entitled to it. I actually enjoyed CD, still spin it every now and again. 

• Like 1

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits is currently sitting in position 101 in the Billboard 200, its very rare that the album has dropped out of the billboard 200 since its release in 2004 15 years ago. Its been quite the little earner for GNR has that album.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits is currently sitting in position 101 in the Billboard 200, its very rare that the album has dropped out of the billboard 200 since its release in 2004 15 years ago. Its been quite the little earner for GNR has that album.

NITL tour was a great promo for GH

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

So... did that Looney Tunes episode ever actually air?

The guy who co-wrote it is on @Gambit83 podcast this week or next. I'm sure you can find out if you listen. Don't know if we have Looney tunes in the UK.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, janrichmond said:

The guy who co-wrote it is on @Gambit83 podcast this week or next. I'm sure you can find out if you listen. Don't know if we have Looney tunes in the UK.

Recording with them on Tuesday. I'll try to put out on Weds.

• Thanks 2