"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

57 minutes ago, King_Johnny said:

I was listening to the bass track from My Michelle today - presumably taken from the Blu Ray - and noticed there's a synth line for about 20 seconds that comes in at 2 mins 28. It's not loud enough to be heard in the full song (at least to my ears anyway).

Made me wonder what else people had found that's buried in the AFD mix but can now be heard thanks to the Blu Ray?

Pretty cool, I never heard that before! 

No one would remember this, but Ive complained a bit about how my local rock radio station doesnt play Guns. I stopped even dialing in for a while. Anyways they now play a shit ton on GNR!!!! :headbang: AFD and UYI hits of course. The station is really good now. And woke... maybe thats because of the reborn Axl too (:lol:) ?

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

No one would remember this, but Ive complained a bit about how my local rock radio station doesnt play Guns. I stopped even dialing in for a while. Anyways they now play a shit ton on GNR!!!! :headbang: AFD and UYI hits of course. The station is really good now. And woke... maybe thats because of the reborn Axl too (:lol:) ?

Request Eye On You. Email the file to them if you have to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ghost will be working on a new album, and Tobias Forge will introduce Papa Emeritus IV. 

First off, yaaaay! 

But why I am writing it here: According to Blabbermouth, he said in an interview that the band will do "absolutely zero" touring in 2020 as he turns his attention to the band's next studio album.

Oh my god - now imagine someone from GN'R uttered such sentence...! But no, hell will freeze over first! 

Edited by jamillos

2 hours ago, SonofaGun said:

Those were big in 95 and later. Band was in limbo.

I may not be remembering this correctly but didn't Aerosmith do the first unplugged on MTV?  The reason I remember it is because they recorded it in the then "new" high definition.  I think it was around '89 or '90.

Edited by lame ass security

2 hours ago, SonofaGun said:

Those were big in 95 and later. Band was in limbo.

Somewhere I still have a bootleg called "Gun's and Roses Unplugged" with that CBGB's show and some rando UYI era live songs. It was one of my favorites, and best sounding bootlegs.  I can't remember all of the songs though, I know the acoustic Mr. Brownstone was like my favorite ever for a while, and I really liked the Dead Flowers live.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Somewhere I still have a bootleg called "Gun's and Roses Unplugged" with that CBGB's show and some rando UYI era live songs. It was one of my favorites, and best sounding bootlegs.  I can't remember all of the songs though, I know the acoustic Mr. Brownstone was like my favorite ever for a while, and I really liked the Dead Flowers live.

Epic performance ... One in a Million is the highlight for me 

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

This one? 

20191010.jpg 20191011.jpg

• Like 3

State of Grace should have been performed in full at the 2002 VMAs. The bands image (mainly Finck  Tommy and Bucket) would have fit better with that song imo. Plus seems like it would be all around easier to sing for Axl. 1st half is lower register, and he seemed to handle sustained high notes better than he did with the "rapping" verses of say Paradise City at the time

• GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I still have that bootleg... I think I actually have 2 copies of it, on CD and vinyl :lol:

Dead Flowers from the final '93 show is fantastic. :axl92::slash::headbang:

The version is the one where you hear Alx say "Yeeeeaaahhh" as it's fading in, right?

• Like 2