DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I just listened to Live Era and thought, that the PC intro was sooo much better with a little crunch than the sterile, clean intro they play on NITL

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, Italian girl said:

:heart:

I love the lyrics to breakdown, but i dont know what personal issues he was dealing with during the recording. I understand he was dealing with emotional and or mental issues after the illusipn release as he wanted to put the tour on hold because he wasnt mentally ready to tour at that time.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

So...we due another leg around March? Maybe a trip around Europe?

Slash already confirmed shows around March a few months ago. Probably Europe/Asia again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Slash already confirmed shows around March a few months ago. Probably Europe/Asia again.

Im pissed they toured oz once and need to tour here again. I think they have done the european market to death unless they do a festival hete and there and  tour the UK again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

20 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

The March shows are lollapalooza in SA I think 

And then maybe Europe from May on

21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im pissed they toured oz once and need to tour here again. I think they have done the european market to death unless they do a festival hete and there and  tour the UK again.

Would be awesome if they joined Metallica for their delayed ANZ tour.

• Like 1

Saw this on a page I follow on facebook.

First pic reminds me of 2016 axl

Second pic reminds me of 2019 axl

The hair similarity is uncanny. I swear.

FB_IMG_1572490380222.jpg

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Tonight for Halloween I am dressing up as Chinese Democracy.  Which means I won't dress up for my costume for 15 years and when I do it will have too many uneccesary additions

You also should have one too many layers and be heavily leaking... 

Been listening to OMG on a loop. Shit, I absolutely love Oh My God. I woulda give anything for like an official video or whatever, I mean, imagine that, omg. Pur magic.
Jesus fn Ch.
Jack D. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Been listening to OMG on a loop. Shit, I absolutely love Oh My God. I woulda give anything for like an official video or whatever, I mean, imagine that, omg. Pur magic.
Jesus fn Ch.
Jack D. 

Loved the song since it was released in 1999. Went to WalMart the day the fucking soundtrack dropped. :lol:

• Like 1

Man, this place is gonna be quite dead in the upcoming months, isn't it? I think only a certain Chairman could save us... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Man, this place is gonna be quite dead in the upcoming months, isn't it? I think only a certain Chairman could save us... 

Or GNR by giving a release date, dropping a new single etc

• Like 1

On 31. 10. 2019. at 11:52 PM, WhazUp said:

Tonight for Halloween I am dressing up as Chinese Democracy.  Which means I won't dress up for my costume for 15 years and when I do it will have too many uneccesary additions

I will go as Spaghetti incident 😁

1 minute ago, fabrph5 said:

Or GNR by giving a release date, dropping a new single etc

:lol: Like I said, Chairman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Popcorn crew said:

I will go as Spaghetti incident 😁

Have I got good news for you...

guns-n-roses-spaghetti-incident-.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Have I got good news for you...

guns-n-roses-spaghetti-incident-.jpg

I’ve got that shirt, Picked up at a thrift shop for $1 in about 1996

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Wow, too bad I’ll never sell it, it was too small so I never wore it and it’s like new. Makes me wish I’d kept all of my old guns shirts from the 90s.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:52 PM, SAU3R said:

I just listened to Live Era and thought, that the PC intro was sooo much better with a little crunch than the sterile, clean intro they play on NITL

The intro of the NITL version is terrible all the way up to the whistle.. Axl's voice.. The little extra woh oh oh oh oh ya thing he does sounds bad. It sounds even worse when he sings it over that classic Slash intro lick.. Then the strange place he blows the whistle.. After all that they rockit though.. Would be nice to have it be awesome all the way through though. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Loved the song since it was released in 1999. Went to WalMart the day the fucking soundtrack dropped. :lol:

I haven't listened to it in over a decade but I used to like it too.. Also went out and bought the CD. I used to try and play it for all my friends. No one gave a shit or liked it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, Pinball Wizard said:

I've been dealing with a pretty fucked up case of depression for 8 months now, I've been absent from work on a medical leave for half of this year because of it. I lost my dad last year and I haven't digested it yet. It's not the first time I struggle with depression and GnR has got me out of it before.

Anyways. Today I decided to get out and I went to the GYM to see if it could help me blowing off some steam. I had a panic attack while I was running so I decided to head back home asap. I had my headphones on and I played a playlist I have on spotify and Breakdown came on. It's been a loooong time since I've listened to it, so I paid lots of attention in an attempt to change my focus and bring myself back. It's weird how messed up Axl must had been back in the days when he wrote this song and how it completely describes the moment I'm living now, 28 years after its release. Specially on these verses:

When I look around
Everybody always brings me down
Well is it them or me
Well I just can't see
But there ain't no peace to found
But if someone really cared
Well they'd take the time to spare
A moment to try and understand
Another one's despair

That's one of the big reasons I want them to release new music. This guy's a genius lyricist. 

Hope you're doing better now buddy. We're always here for you.

• Thanks 1