"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

1 hour ago, EricA said:

Cause this easily offended weak little person is called manager, and a proper manager would work things out, and communicate in a professional way, regardless if it's TBs or the bands decision, and not blame the fans for every shit he can’t personaly deal with. But the only thing he does, is ruining the last bit of a reputation the band has.

Axl may not care about the most things going on with the band anymore, and exactly therefor i don't see him sitting in his living room making his mind up about how to get out more and more useless merch, and how to dissapoint the fanbase on every kind of level.

TB has gotten to much power from Axl at some point, and that's the worst.

lets be honest a proper managed band that commuicates well on social media wouldnt need to be on reddit like fernando is. I dont understand how say SMKC manage social media well, where GNR seems to be stuck pre- internet days.

Im sure say slash and duff would like to use social media to the max with this band, as they use it well for their solo stuff. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

maybe axl doesnt like them. I doubt the other band members would have a major care factor about them.

Right but if he didn't, wouldn't he have seen them before they were posted? And a word or two on clarification as to why it's been shut down would also be nice. But that would only be possible in a different dimension with proper management apparently. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Right but if he didn't, wouldn't he have seen them before they were posted? And a word or two on clarification as to why it's been shut down would also be nice. But that would only be possible in a different dimension with proper management apparently. 

I agree, communication with the band is just shit. I wonder if axl really cares about how GNR is seen to its fanbase?.

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

the management of this band is very poor (to put it mildly) but I really think it's perfectly possible Axl could have not seen it before it was posted and then got upset cause he didn't like his performance on the clips.

I think it's like this weird mix of poor communication, a policy of saying as little as possible to avoid risk and pissing off Axl but they still have power to make decisions cause maybe Axl doesn't want to be notified on every decision they make.

It happened before with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree, communication with the band is just shit. I wonder if axl really cares about how GNR is seen to its fanbase?.

I honestly doubt it. They had stuff to prove in the heydays, but now they already are an established legend and have TB to handle the PR so that they don’t have to care about it. And I imagine if Slash or Duff didn’t like the way of the management, it would be kinda tricky to confront Axl about it, since the Lebeis family has been such an engraved part of his life. They probably wouldn’t wanna stir up the waters of the renewed relationship. 

I mean, I can try not being negative over TB all the time, but given the amount of crap surrounding their activities, someone please show me a single nice thing they’ve done apart from booking gigs and releasing merch, i.e. quick and easy money. The L&L box maybe, but how much work did they do on it themselves? Show me something that speaks of an open, friendly approach to all kinds of fans, not just to the casuals wanting to hear greatest hits. A hint of professionalism, meaning e.g. if I can’t seem to be able to understand all the details of business/PR, maybe I could hire or ask someone else for help. A proof that F’nando isn’t just an arrogant prick. Something, anything. Every day I’m proven the opposite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

It's happened before with with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

It has happened with Doug Goldstein, too. He had officially announced the album would come out in June and booked a tour (which was postponed, then rescheduled and then cancelled) and Axl said he learned from the internet he had a tour booked (unclear if he meant the booked tour in general or the rescheduling of it).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

the management of this band is very poor (to put it mildly) but I really think it's perfectly possible Axl could have not seen it before it was posted and then got upset cause he didn't like his performance on the clips.

I think it's like this weird mix of poor communication, a policy of saying as little as possible to avoid risk and pissing off Axl but they still have power to make decisions cause maybe Axl doesn't want to be notified on every decision they make.

It happened before with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

That is possible indeed, but in that case, it again speaks of TB’s erroneousness, since if they chose something from 2016, I can’t imagine Axl would have anything against it – he was killing it that year. So why these shitty performances? Right at the start again. 
And in any case, F. could have given us at least some answer regarding the reason. 

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It has happened with Doug Goldstein, too. He had officially announced the album would come out in June and booked a tour (which was postponed, then rescheduled and then cancelled) and Axl said he learned from the internet he had a tour booked (unclear if he meant the booked tour in general or the rescheduling of it).

yeah I always keep reminding myself that even though TB could maybe learn a thing or two about communication and the management of a big name band such as Gn'R, they're not free to do whatever they like or to divulge much information. Their job is to keep this thing going while always making sure Axl is satisfied so some issues reflect his possible unwillingness to deal with much of it when it happens so he delegates authority and with a classic boss move he expresses his dissatisfaction with some of his team's decisions only after they've made them.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

That is possible indeed, but in that case, it again speaks of TB’s erroneousness, since if they chose something from 2016, I can’t imagine Axl would have anything against it – he was killing it that year. So why these shitty performances? Right at the start again. 
And in any case, F. could have given us at least some answer regarding the reason. 

who knows who chose what. A good management team would have made sure that in general this shit doesn't happen very often. Not by just doing as little as possible, but to anticipate bad moves. I don't think Fernando can give some answer or reason without Axl selling all of his toys tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There are no questions I could think to ask really other than "when is new music coming" which wouldn't get an answer. 

I genuinely can't think of anything else to ask that would receive a meaningful answer. 

This. It's a waste of time and energy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In case you haven't seen it yet, Fernando has answered (or half-answered) some questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/i1xsbn/fernando_update/

I only got so far down before I stopped reading. Thanks for the link blackstar but those responses from fernando sum up why some fans are annoyed over how this band is being run. If this band and its fans were a dual carriageway it wouldn't be very even flows of traffic. I think it's fair to say that those of us here have supported this band through good and bad and not that the band owe us anything special except to function like a normal band towards its fans. 

• Like 1

Well...the posters were polite, thanking him for his time, and he replied with as much coldness and contempt as he could muster.  Axl not only does not look anything like his younger self but has also lost the part of himself that got excited about music and wrote lyrics that spoke from the heart and hung around ones' soul.  Its gone and we are left with his management team who have no interest in ccommunicating with the fan base and a man that used to incite all kinds of emotion and excitement  to one who does not care anymore.  I dont blame him as many people go through tragedy and pain to   become a  jaded figure.

I have been reading through the posts as far back as 2014 and exactly the same sentiment is being expressed time after time.

Edited by DurhamGirl

14 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Well...the posters were polite, thanking him for his time, and he replied with as much coldness and contempt as he could muster.  Axl not only does not look anything like his younger self but has also lost the part of himself that got excited about music and wrote lyrics that spoke from the heart and hung around ones' soul.  Its gone and we are left with his management team who have no interest in ccommunicating with the fan base and a man that used to incite all kinds of emotion and excitement  to one who does not care anymore.  I dont blame him as many people go through tragedy and pain to   become a  jaded figure.

I have been reading through the posts as far back as 2014 and exactly the same sentiment is being expressed time after time.

It seems like TB see the fans as a hindrance which is a ridiculous when talking about a band. I don't think he's lost it(I want to hope he hasn't) but if the outward tone we get off fernando online is representative of how it's IRL then honestly I wouldn't blame axl for not caring if this is the atmosphere he's around. 

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Axl not only does not look anything like his younger self but has also lost the part of himself that got excited about music and wrote lyrics that spoke from the heart and hung around ones' soul.  Its gone

well... people get old. Axl is not 28 anymore. I don't think his appearance is really relevant to this discussion or that Axl lost his excitement about music. It's possible, but technically, we don't know that. I like the lyrics Axl wrote for Chinese. One of his trademarks as a lyricist is that it's always sincere imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

well... people get old. Axl is not 28 anymore. I don't think his appearance is really relevant to this discussion or that Axl lost his excitement about music. It's possible, but technically, we don't know that. I like the lyrics Axl wrote for Chinese. One of his trademarks as a lyricist is that it's always sincere imo.

Yes you are correct about appearance etc, I was trying to make a point but cant remember what it was ;)

Edited by DurhamGirl

35 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I was trying to make a point but cant remember what it was ;)

if you do remember it in the future in this thread, I'd be happy to discuss it and maybe I missed what you were trying to convey in your previous post.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In case you haven't seen it yet, Fernando has answered (or half-answered) some questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/i1xsbn/fernando_update/

I've avoided the GNR Reddit (and reddit in general) for while. I have no idea why it seems to have been chosen as the forum for band updates. 

There is some kind of irony that the subreddit for a band that seems to love the term F'N seems to be trying to censor language. Pretty funny.

That thread was pretty depressing though. I don't know if it's just context being lost over screens but Fernando needs to hear that the phrase 'move on' comes off as dismissive and confrontational. Depressing to hear that they have made little progress in general and that the next releases might be coffee table books.

Interesting that we will probably see the merch from the postponed tours put on sale.

I think I'm going to write an insane length post about the similarities between the GNR 'fam' and the fan community for Star Citizen.

9 hours ago, EricA said:

Yep, in a common nice manner as always :fuckyou:

20200802_111556.jpg.6777cb1590516fb207ca1d30fa0b7fb1.jpg

Tbf to Fernendo you've removed the context of the less than pleasant initial comments.

The worst one of his in that thread is him responding with "move on" to questions. Who talks like that to fans?

Edited by GNR_RNR
  • Sad 1