"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I somehow had a copy of If The World's antiquiet leak on an old flash drive and didn't realize the AQ leaks were like...that different from the final album versions. I thought they were just slight mixing differences, but ITW is, I'd say substantially different considering the lead instrument is a synth for much of the song, and most of the solos/fills are different. Were the rest of the leaks that different from the finished product?

On 17.9.2018 at 6:56 AM, jamillos said:

I want Axl do to something unexpected. 

Don't ask me what. If I knew, it would be expected. 

Don't give him any ideas! :lol:

Rumour has it Axl will run for president, hence all his tweets about Donald Trump.

That's why he behaved in public during NITL tour and why everyone is so tight lipped about a new record - Axl will run for president.

At least that's what I heard on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Don't give him any ideas! :lol:

Rumour has it Axl will run for president, hence all his tweets about Donald Trump.

That's why he behaved in public during NITL tour and why everyone is so tight lipped about a new record - Axl will run for president.

At least that's what I heard on Twitter.

If that's the case, maybe we can get the Russians to hack into his emails and leak CD2.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Late 2011 is underrated and that tour was overshadowed by the debacle that was Rio.

Hide contents

This was simply awesome, and they played it early in the set when me and the guy beside me started chanting for it:

I agree, I saw them in late 2011 and it was a great show. The bootlegs back my memory up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Late 2011 is underrated and that tour was overshadowed by the debacle that was Rio.

Hide contents

This was simply awesome, and they played it early in the set when me and the guy beside me started chanting for it:

Exactly. I was debating on Minneapolis after RIR happened. But then I saw video of Axl nailing songs a few weeks after and bought tickets. Enjoyed the shit out of that show. 

• Like 1

I've been digging around the GNR page on Reddit, and found some of Alfred's posts on there.

Every now and then he reveals himself by posting dumb stuff like 'Prove I removed that video', 'Prove I impersonated Tommy', or 'Prove I was impregnated by my uncle' (all of which can be done quite easily of course), and then retreats after he gets roasted by everyone there.

It's a pretty fun read.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/09/2018 at 9:13 PM, jacdaniel said:

Is there a decent quality performance of Rocket Queen ever that doesn't consist of any of the below: 

Talkbox solo

30 minute solo / jam

Axl rapping

Nu Guns

Closest I've seen is the Ritz but Axl missed half the song 😀

Ritz 87 or Marquee 87 or Japan 88 or Melbourne 88 (Melbourne and Japan 88 have drum solos) and maybe Perkins Palace 87 (haven’t listened to it in a while)