"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

17 minutes ago, alfierose said:

What's a hypebeast?

Is it a teen thing? My son has clothes that say Hype on them.

Hide contents

Yes I'm old :lol:

I'd struggle to define it so here's one I found 

A hypebeast is defined as someone, usually male, who collects fashion pieces that are “hype” (cool and trendy) in order to impress others.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd struggle to define it so here's one I found 

A hypebeast is defined as someone, usually male, who collects fashion pieces that are “hype” (cool and trendy) in order to impress others.

That's a new one to me. I can see how it might fit Ashba. :lol:

After nearly 12 years I've finally got around to purchasing the Chinese Democracy boxset!

As the contents are kind of lame I didn't buy it in 2008 but the collector in me has finally convinced me to buy it. It'll look cool up on the shelf.

I think I'll keep the Locker leaks CD I burnt inside it. I also have a Chinese Democracy poker chip and the Chinese / Shacklers Revenge 7" vinyl which can also live in there :axl:

On 16/08/2020 at 8:22 PM, DownUnderScott said:

I’m not going to watch it, I’m guessing you can’t unsee it 😳

Seriously it will be 3 to 4 minutrs of your life you wont get back. Its just generic music that you would hear on the radio and turn the channel after 5 seconds.

Add to that ashbas guitar swinging and the facial expressions with the clip he looks like a tool.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

unknown.png

Good shout. Fernando confirmed it’s not legality which is an issue - they own all the rights.

I really hope someone in the background is preserving this stuff. Has he or the band ever engaged with you in the past on this stuff? They should.

2 hours ago, Ant said:

What’s that? Axl was a fucking force of nature at one point?

Oh. Yeah.

I wish the SI version of Hair of the Dog was this... frightening? lol

You hit the nail on the head. There's no better way to describe Axl in those clips other than "a force". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

In those three minutes or so it reminded me why they became my favourite band of all time from the moment I first heard them. Incredible. 

I like how they take what is probably a weaker Skid Row song, the studio version is too glossy and produced, and just rip it down to the studs and inject it with venom.  

Regardless of how TSI turned out, when you see how they could just tear covers apart during their prime, you definitely see the logic to it. 

Edited by Ant

18 minutes ago, Ant said:

I like how they take what is probably a weaker Skid Row song, the studio version is too glossy and produced, and just rip it down to the studs and inject it with venom.  

Regardless of how TSI turned out, when you see how they could just tear covers apart during their prime, you definitely see the logic to it. 

Definitely. I've always really really enjoyed TSI though. Loved it when it came out, love it now! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Can we refrain from posting youtube videos?

I figured it was okay because it’s not a GNR show, not GNR as a band, there’s no GNR songs and it’s not commercial.

and it’s rad 😎

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2