DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 16/09/2018 at 9:13 PM, jacdaniel said:

Is there a decent quality performance of Rocket Queen ever that doesn't consist of any of the below: 

Talkbox solo

30 minute solo / jam

Axl rapping

Nu Guns

Closest I've seen is the Ritz but Axl missed half the song 😀

Ritz 87 or Marquee 87 or Japan 88 or Melbourne 88 (Melbourne and Japan 88 have drum solos) and maybe Perkins Palace 87 (haven’t listened to it in a while)

9 hours ago, ; D said:

Ritz 87 or Marquee 87 or Japan 88 or Melbourne 88 (Melbourne and Japan 88 have drum solos) and maybe Perkins Palace 87 (haven’t listened to it in a while)

Nottingham '87 and San Diego '88, too.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:50 AM, wasted said:

The Seeker and Wichita Lineman

or 

Eye of the Tiger and Freebird

?

If GNR start playing Eye of the Tiger, I quit being a fan. That would be a huge joke.

On 28/09/2018 at 5:50 PM, wasted said:

The Seeker and Wichita Lineman

or 

Eye of the Tiger and Freebird

?

Wichita Lineman and Freebird>

I really like The Seeker though, just wish they'd play the deepcuts instead of covers.

Even after all the times I've listened to it, I am still yet to discover the hidden 'ska section' in the OMG re-recording. I hear a funk/disco riff, but still no ska.

pls hlp

On 30/09/2018 at 7:00 AM, mamundson said:

If GNR start playing Eye of the Tiger, I quit being a fan. That would be a huge joke.

Dude?

Edited by wasted
  • Haha 1

On 30/09/2018 at 1:45 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Wichita Lineman and Freebird>

I really like The Seeker though, just wish they'd play the deepcuts instead of covers.

Need a cover for the album to get that UYI vibe. The Seeker could be a single. 

Then they need a song for Terminator movie soundtrack. Jackie Chaninator. 

And a power ballad. 

Edited by wasted

Few days ago ROBERTO MEDINA boss of festival Rock in Rio said he tryng get AC/DC with Axl to Rock in Rio 2019 , but he  failed with this deal four months ago, i read this in brazilian sites.

• Thanks 1

In the world of GNR news, i'm really starting to get tired of GNR Central ripping off threads here and publishing clickbait articles and videos. While i respect that they have done some original stuff, and while i know that as members of these forums, they are similarly struggling with the lack of news and substance, i just find it annoying. I suppose we are not their target audience though.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

You know what would be bad ass? Brian May joining GN'R onstage for Catcher. Why hasn't this happened yet?

Bucket, I mean Brian has a lot solo work. 

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

In the world of GNR news, i'm really starting to get tired of GNR Central ripping off threads here and publishing clickbait articles and videos. While i respect that they have done some original stuff, and while i know that as members of these forums, they are similarly struggling with the lack of news and substance, i just find it annoying. I suppose we are not their target audience though.

Wat they need is management they need a wasted like me i could have them in and out wit they money real fast baby

Just had some sudden memory flashes from the Oslo show this year, and I'm still pumped from that transition from Memory to Attitude, I was preparing for New Rose but hoping for Attitude, and I just lost it when they started playing it.

Few bands can give me such lasting joy over a dumb cover :lol: 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 2:41 PM, Azifwekare said:

You know what would be bad ass? Brian May joining GN'R onstage for Catcher. Why hasn't this happened yet?

Maybe because he put the effort to record a beautiful part and then they decided to discard it. I don't think May holds a grudge 10 years later, but also I don't think he'd jump at the oportunity to play something that the band (Axl) deemed not a good fit for the song.

7 hours ago, D.Z.I. said:

Maybe because he put the effort to record a beautiful part and then they decided to discard it. I don't think May holds a grudge 10 years later, but also I don't think he'd jump at the oportunity to play something that the band (Axl) deemed not a good fit for the song.

Isn’t the solo on the final version just robin copying Brian’s version?

8 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Isn’t the solo on the final version just robin copying Brian’s version?

No, it's Ron doing his own version while taking Brian's as a loose guide.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, Azifwekare said:

May was offered by Axl in 2006 to play Catcher live with Guns at the time. I don't exactly remember why he didn't perform with them but he was in the audience at that show. iirc he said he preferred to just watch the show.

11 hours ago, D.Z.I. said:

I just don't understand why Axl took out Brian's parts. I've got nothing against Ron, but Brian was a much better fit for the song. After 10 years I still can't get used to the album solo.

A lot of Ron's work on the album just sounds like he was locked in a room and forced to rerecord other people's stuff instead of just being let loose to do his own thing. The only thing he did that sounds organic was the fretless stuff on the title track IMO.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

He took Brian's parts out to feature a member of the band instead, I would imagine.

I don't compare Brian's work with Thal's, because one was a low quality demo, and one a finished product.

Prince's estate just released 'Piano and a Microphone 1983'. It's more or less an album of him sitting at the piano working on songs. I'd kill to hear something like this from Axl

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1