"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

10 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Interesting idea. But movie productions have deadlines and so does composing music for them. You think Axl could finish a score in time? 

I dunno, but he could work for James Cameron. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, default_ said:

Do we really believe Axl has the chops for a piano album? As far as I remember he used to be pretty limited at it. 

I don't know if he has the ability on piano to do like a Prince type of thing to jam on the piano as he played and have that looseness to go anywhere, but I think that knowing what he can do based on his pre-NR solos from the 90's, if he sat down and wrote out parts and really thought a song out, it could be really cool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I don't know if he has the ability on piano to do like a Prince type of thing to jam on the piano as he played and have that looseness to go anywhere, but I think that knowing what he can do based on his pre-NR solos from the 90's, if he sat down and wrote out parts and really thought a song out, it could be really cool

It's another issue of lack of new material. He could have some really cool piano based shit but we don't know because he doesn't release anything 

33 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

What does Axl mean when GnR/Axl accepted the MTV video vanguard award for best video for November Rain? 'He say's this has nothing to do with Michael Jackson'?

Was he just being flippant?

I believe the award was called 'the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award' and Axl ( i guess ) thought his video had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I believe the award was called 'the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award' and Axl ( i guess ) thought his video had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. 

So dumb he is? :question:

The award was named after Michael Jackson because they considered Jackson to be a vanguardist when it came to music videos, not because the awarded videos had to have a direct relation to Jackson :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

At the time, Michael Jackson was being accused of sexual abuse and less than an year before Axl gave an interview to Rolling Stone magazine relating the sexual abuse he suffered from his father.

5 hours ago, Edward Nigma said:

MJ never did himself favours at that time, with his behavior but him not having a childhood made him like that. MJ got screwed over imo.

His behaviour goes way back further. I think in 84 mj and freddie mercury got together  for some recordings and Freddie couldnt be around mj anymore because mj would always bring into the studio one of his white llamas to the recording sessions.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

His behaviour goes way back further. I think in 84 mj and freddie mercury got together  for some recordings and Freddie couldnt be around mj anymore because mj would always bring into the studio one of his white llamas to the recording sessions.

:lol: Yeah, the llama ended up biting someone, and Freddie was like "fuck this".

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Llamas in the studio reminds me of chicken coop or dogs poop in a studio. What's the difference? :question:

I always thought it was funny that Axl was OK with Bucket pulling that stuff but Ozzy had a huge problem with it lol

I generally don’t like complaining on here or be negative about what GnR does... but I made the mistake of clicking on the holloween merch e-mail and can only shake my head... who would actually buy one of these shirts?  They are the cheesiest designs I’ve seen yet.. have to be an inside joke or something 

“Welcome to the patch” ???? Come on guys.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/melting-skull-pumpkin-t-shirt

Pumpkins instead of roses... 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/pumpkin-explosion-t-shirt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1987b said:

I generally don’t like complaining on here or be negative about what GnR does... but I made the mistake of clicking on the holloween merch e-mail and can only shake my head... who would actually buy one of these shirts?  They are the cheesiest designs I’ve seen yet.. have to be an inside joke or something 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/melting-skull-pumpkin-t-shirt

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/pumpkin-explosion-t-shirt

I didn't think they could sink lower than DJ Ashba and the Yellow Raincoat but they're trying their damnedest to do so.

Atleast with Ashba noone took that serious as GNR. Now with Duff and Slash back im becoming embarrassed to be a fan with this type of stuff.

Edited by -W.A.R-

On 10/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, 1987b said:

Jesus living Christ. Now I can't unsee that, so thanks :lol: