Jump to content
DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Prince's estate just released 'Piano and a Microphone 1983'. It's more or less an album of him sitting at the piano working on songs. I'd kill to hear something like this from Axl

I would love an album with nothing but Axl on the piano.  It would be fine with me if all covers. I simply love him on the piano. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he really should do an album like that!

Then put him in a room with a grand piano, lots of candles, his cats  and some cameras, let him play that whole album by himself and put it on youtube, please.

Maybe a guest spot by Slash.

Edited by El Guapo
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to hear Axl as the composer and conducter of a musical film score. You know, this could be similar to the work of Marco Beltrami or John Williams. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Is the bit Axl plays at 1:28 from a song or is he just fucking around? 

 

It is obvious that he is messing around. But I think it would sound good on guitar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Interesting idea. But movie productions have deadlines and so does composing music for them. You think Axl could finish a score in time? 

I dunno, but he could work for James Cameron. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we really believe Axl has the chops for a piano album? As far as I remember he used to be pretty limited at it. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, default_ said:

Do we really believe Axl has the chops for a piano album? As far as I remember he used to be pretty limited at it. 

I don't know if he has the ability on piano to do like a Prince type of thing to jam on the piano as he played and have that looseness to go anywhere, but I think that knowing what he can do based on his pre-NR solos from the 90's, if he sat down and wrote out parts and really thought a song out, it could be really cool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I don't know if he has the ability on piano to do like a Prince type of thing to jam on the piano as he played and have that looseness to go anywhere, but I think that knowing what he can do based on his pre-NR solos from the 90's, if he sat down and wrote out parts and really thought a song out, it could be really cool

It's another issue of lack of new material. He could have some really cool piano based shit but we don't know because he doesn't release anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does Axl mean when GnR/Axl accepted the MTV video vanguard award for best video for November Rain? 'He say's this has nothing to do with Michael Jackson'?

Was he just being flippant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

What does Axl mean when GnR/Axl accepted the MTV video vanguard award for best video for November Rain? 'He say's this has nothing to do with Michael Jackson'?

Was he just being flippant?

I believe the award was called 'the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award' and Axl ( i guess ) thought his video had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I believe the award was called 'the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award' and Axl ( i guess ) thought his video had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. 

So dumb he is? :question:

The award was named after Michael Jackson because they considered Jackson to be a vanguardist when it came to music videos, not because the awarded videos had to have a direct relation to Jackson :facepalm:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I believe the award was called 'the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award' and Axl ( i guess ) thought his video had nothing to do with Michael Jackson. 

At the time, Michael Jackson was being accused of sexual abuse and less than an year before Axl gave an interview to Rolling Stone magazine relating the sexual abuse he suffered from his father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

At the time, Michael Jackson was being accused of sexual abuse and less than an year before Axl gave an interview to Rolling Stone magazine relating the sexual abuse he suffered from his father.

Wasn't that later, like '93?

The MJ stuff i mean

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MJ thing broke out in 1993, but it's likely that there were rumours and "whispers" within the entertainment world earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ never did himself favours at that time, with his behavior but him not having a childhood made him like that. MJ got screwed over imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Wasn't that later, like '93?

The MJ stuff i mean

You are right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edward Nigma said:

MJ never did himself favours at that time, with his behavior but him not having a childhood made him like that. MJ got screwed over imo.

His behaviour goes way back further. I think in 84 mj and freddie mercury got together  for some recordings and Freddie couldnt be around mj anymore because mj would always bring into the studio one of his white llamas to the recording sessions.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

His behaviour goes way back further. I think in 84 mj and freddie mercury got together  for some recordings and Freddie couldnt be around mj anymore because mj would always bring into the studio one of his white llamas to the recording sessions.

:lol: Yeah, the llama ended up biting someone, and Freddie was like "fuck this".

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Llamas in the studio reminds me of chicken coop or dogs poop in a studio. What's the difference? :question:

I always thought it was funny that Axl was OK with Bucket pulling that stuff but Ozzy had a huge problem with it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I always thought it was funny that Axl was OK with Bucket pulling that stuff but Ozzy had a huge problem with it lol

Axl must have been desperate if he put up with that :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally don’t like complaining on here or be negative about what GnR does... but I made the mistake of clicking on the holloween merch e-mail and can only shake my head... who would actually buy one of these shirts?  They are the cheesiest designs I’ve seen yet.. have to be an inside joke or something 

“Welcome to the patch” ???? Come on guys.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/melting-skull-pumpkin-t-shirt

Pumpkins instead of roses... 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/pumpkin-explosion-t-shirt

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1987b said:

I generally don’t like complaining on here or be negative about what GnR does... but I made the mistake of clicking on the holloween merch e-mail and can only shake my head... who would actually buy one of these shirts?  They are the cheesiest designs I’ve seen yet.. have to be an inside joke or something 

“Welcome to the patch” ???? Come on guys.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/melting-skull-pumpkin-t-shirt

Pumpkins instead of roses... 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/halloween-2018/products/pumpkin-explosion-t-shirt

I didn't think they could sink lower than DJ Ashba and the Yellow Raincoat but they're trying their damnedest to do so.

Atleast with Ashba noone took that serious as GNR. Now with Duff and Slash back im becoming embarrassed to be a fan with this type of stuff.

Edited by -W.A.R-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×