"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

The most interesting thing I've heard about Guns recently, in fact the most interesting thing I've heard about Guns since the initial reunion, is that Rose might have/might not have been filmed (for a documentary) reliving himself into a bucket - that is how interesting this band are right now. 

• Haha 1

I’ve been extremely skeptical that we’ll ever get a new release but I popped CD into the ol tape deck (jk, Google Play Music) yesterday for the first time in a awhile and the first thing I thought of is, if Axl has any pride whatsoever, he needs to release at least the songs he’s talked about. 

Thats all. I feel better now 

• GNFNR 3

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Am I the only one who thinks Guns covering Elle King would sound cool? Hearing Axl on something like Last Damn Night at full rasp would be epic. 

I think it's safe to assume you are definitely the only one thinking GN'R covering Elle King would be a good idea :lol:

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think it's safe to assume you are definitely the only one thinking GN'R covering Elle King would be a good idea :lol:

:lol: I was just listening to that track today, it's got that dirty distorted southern thing going on and her voice has a kind of Joplin-esque rasp to it, and I thought to myself 'I wonder what Axl would sound like on something like this...'

Random thought of the day.

On 21/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, DieselDaisy said:

The most interesting thing I've heard about Guns recently, in fact the most interesting thing I've heard about Guns since the initial reunion, is that Rose might have/might not have been filmed (for a documentary) reliving himself into a bucket - that is how interesting this band are right now. 

A KFC bucket or a 80s metal bucket? 

On 28.10.2018 at 1:10 AM, Azifwekare said:

:lol: I was just listening to that track today, it's got that dirty distorted southern thing going on and her voice has a kind of Joplin-esque rasp to it, and I thought to myself 'I wonder what Axl would sound like on something like this...'

Random thought of the day.

It's a great album and a great song for sure.

• GNFNR 1

On 2018-10-20 at 11:26 PM, DieselDaisy said:

And written on the bucket in big black letters 

“Career”

The movie 'Bodied' came out yesterday in a few US theaters, the battle-rap movie produced by Eminem and the guys who did 8 Mile. The score was done by Brain and Melissa, it's been available for a while but I'll re-post it for anyone who's interested:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bodied-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1365219302

4 minutes ago, Stro said:

Slash has spoken a few times now about playing Chinese material, but has Axl had any comments about Slash playing any of it? 

I believe only in the China Exchange video, where Axl mentioned how Slash and Duff worked on the Chinese stuff on their own and he commented about how apparently Slash told him in the 90's that he didn't want to work that hard, and nowadays Slash is working hard on the material on his own 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Taipei 2009 was the best performance of This I Love. Performed half a step down, it was hauntingly beautiful. 

Every available recording sounds like it was recorded from the bottom of a bucket. A soundboard would be my holy grail.

Dammit. I hate when Axl does something great and we can't get a good recording of it. Things I would kill for: A soundboard recording of Sailing. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, RussTCB said:

Dammit. I hate when Axl does something great and we can't get a good recording of it. Things I would kill for: A soundboard recording of Sailing. 

I'd kill for a song where Axl sings like that. Probably can't anymore, but whatever. I'm betting if new material comes out, it's gonna be previously recorded CD II stuff, reworked with Slash and Duff. Can't see Axl having the ability to have his voice again in studio; unlesss he just does the ACDC belting. 

• Like 1