ACDC New Album News

vloors

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, kind of. Someone who posts there who has given them good info before said he’s been told Phil won’t be on stage and Brian is done with touring. 

It’d be crazy if they did an album with one lineup and then tour with another. I hope that’s not the case. 

Possibly a send off album and then the tour could be a separate thing later, kind of like a best of AC/DC tour? Axl added lots of older Bon songs into the set so the tour could provide more deep cuts and stuff from the early days. 

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, kind of. Someone who posts there who has given them good info before said he’s been told Phil won’t be on stage and Brian is done with touring. 

It’d be crazy if they did an album with one lineup and then tour with another. I hope that’s not the case. 

Why not? They did the same with Rock Or Bust.

45 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ok. Thank you.

If this is the case, fans will not like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Why not? They did the same with Rock Or Bust.

Yeah because they didn't have a choice, Phil was arrested when the tour was already planned, and Brian had to stop mid-tour, they had no other choice than doing those lineup changes, they sure had some contracts and would've lost big amounts of money if they cancelled the tour 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:20 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah hes been right about loads of things going waaaaaaaaaaaaay back

• Thanks 1

There is no waaaaaaaay BJ is doing the studio work then they taking Axl on a full tour there would be uproar with serious DC fans look at 2016 people were handing back tixs left right n center the touts out side OPark couldn't give tixs away.

No band that ive ever herd of has ever done this use the man whos been in the band over 30 years then take a guest singer on a full world tour is crazy talk.

No 1 really knows what's going on right now in Vancouver its all gone well quiet BUT if they didnt want anyome knowing they would NOT have been seen in the 1st place they know its major news BJ being seen with the rest of the boys after what happened in 2016.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I feel like a dick for saying this, but why do I feel like this will be terrible?  These are riffs that have been kicking around since 2003, and weren't used.  That can't be that good.  Trying to crowbar an album out of riffs you saw no value in for 16 years seems like a recipe for disaster.  It reminds me of when the Beetles made a song around A voice mail Jon Lennon recorded once.  It sounds great on paper, but it wasn't used for a reason.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, DeadSlash said:

I feel like a dick for saying this, but why do I feel like this will be terrible?  These are riffs that have been kicking around since 2003, and weren't used.  That can't be that good.  Trying to crowbar an album out of riffs you saw no value in for 16 years seems like a recipe for disaster.  It reminds me of when the Beetles made a song around A voice mail Jon Lennon recorded once.  It sounds great on paper, but it wasn't used for a reason.

Has the rumor about them using old malcom riffs been confirmed though?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Has the rumor about them using old malcom riffs been confirmed though?

Malcolm was credited as the co-songwriter for all of the songs on Rock or Bust. I don't know why they should change that for the new album. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, DeadSlash said:

Do you play music? I'm not saying that to sound condescending. Sometimes you have some riffs and song pieces, but they just don't click for you until years later. Those songs can often be even better than what clicked more at the time when you originally wrote the ones you chose for a previous album. I'm a fan of The Black Keys. Their guitarist can be heard messing around with the riff to one of their biggest hits 4 years before (at a live session bbc session while tuning) it came out as a song.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 3:14 AM, DeadSlash said:

I think also a counter argument for this is Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth". Hugely successful both from a sales and critical reception point of view, and this was based off of old Van Halen riffs from the 70s.

• Like 1