Slash to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel (Sep 12)

7 minutes ago, James Bond said:

World On Fire is probably my favourite Slash solo album to date but nothing from this album is grabbing me so far. Admittedly a lot of that is to do with Myles. I do like his voice, but I think it’s his lyrics and melodies that just don’t hook me. 

I found Driving Rain to be one of the worst SMKC songs to date and Mind Your Manners meh apart from the chorus, but I've only heard the live version of Call Of The Wild and I think it's going to be one of my favourite songs of theirs. The intro gives WTTJ vibes, the lyrics are cool, I love the bridge and the intense outro

8 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Why the fuck then Led Zeppelin guys wanted him and Slash tours with him for years and years? It's not like they have to settle for someone like Steven Adler (sadly) has

i suppose slash doesnt give a fuck who is singing as long as he can go on and play his guitar

oh, and he must have some audition issues, no human can take listening to miles for so long every other night :rofl-lol:

Edited by ludurigan

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i suppose slash doesnt give a fuck who is singing as long as he can go on and play his guitar

oh, and he must have some audition issues, no human can take listening to miles for so long every other night :rofl-lol:

You should go to the Alter Bridge forums and have your mind blown then

I don't have a problem with Myles. He obviously is a good proffessional singer, otherwise he wouldn't be who he is.

It's just his high-helium-dyingcat voice he uses what annoys me. He has a very cool deep voice (ala You're A Lie or other songs), but that high voice? Damn, I'd take fucking Berlin 2018 Axl.

Will I go to see them when they come down to Southamerica? Obviously. But that doesn't change the fact that his high voice is unlistenable. I wish he would stick to his lower register.

I could also rant about his stage presence and those weird moves he does with his arms, or how his new parts on the Living The Dream singles sound all the same like taken from WOF sessions, but that's another matter. Slash can do what he fucking wants, but I wish he would try new singers like Scott Stapp or Jeff Angell from Walking Papers.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Not a big fan of Myles's voice, but I actually liked this song "Driven". He sounded better than the last time I heard him sing and well, Slash is Slash. The guy is amazing. So easy behind his guitar. Jumping like he's 25 years old.

I swear rockers age differently than regular people.

A very good performance indeed.