Machine Gun Kelly - Rap Devil (Eminem Diss)

oldnews

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of these famous people and their apologies, I may re-evaluate things after this. Where can I hear this?

50 minutes ago, oldnews said:

this new really is a Kamikaze 

:lol:

Are people really this thick? :lol:  He’s taking the piss, thats the point, he mimics Bad and Boojie on the album too, mimics the ‘choppy’ flow thats popular nowadays too, even mimics Kendrick a bit in using the odd line though thats more out of respect.

Edited by Len Cnut

Such a weak track. Basically boils down to "you have a weird beard" "you're old and I'm young" (how is this a diss?) "I'm tall you're short". Most of the things he says aren't even disses, when you dissect them they either make no sense or mean nothing. The fact this has become so popular is embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Such a weak track. Basically boils down to "you have a weird beard" "you're old and I'm young" (how is this a diss?) "I'm tall you're short". Most of the things he says aren't even disses, when you dissect them they either make no sense or mean nothing. The fact this has become so popular is embarrassing. 

Lots of it makes sense.  Still a weak track, or average anyway, just cuz the rhymes ain't top level but I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't make sense, it makes perfect sense and they mean a fair bit, almost all of it refers to stuff thats happened or has been reported to have happened. 

5 hours ago, Jw224 said:

he also says "you are named after a candy bar, I'm named after a gangster" now that is some badass tough guy shit

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Lots of it makes sense.  Still a weak track, or average anyway, just cuz the rhymes ain't top level but I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't make sense, it makes perfect sense and they mean a fair bit, almost all of it refers to stuff thats happened or has been reported to have happened. 

I didn't exactly mean they didn't make sense. They're just non statements and not disses. 

To me the most cutting line is probably 'so what do you stand for?/i know you can't stand yourself' because you could maybe see how like, there's some reality to it.  And the stuff about being a fake tough guy spending millions on security and the 'only time you see 8 Mile is on a treadmill', if you follow Eminem and know the story of his getting off drugs through treadmill addiction basically its kinda funny.  There was a lot of lines in it that hit the mark, its just the rhymes ain't all that.

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

To me the most cutting line is probably 'so what do you stand for?/i know you can't stand yourself' because you could maybe see how like, there's some reality to it.  And the stuff about being a fake tough guy spending millions on security and the 'only time you see 8 Mile is on a treadmill', if you follow Eminem and know the story of his getting off drugs through treadmill addiction basically its kinda funny.  There was a lot of lines in it that hit the mark, its just the rhymes ain't all that.

I guess I just don't see how him paying for security is a diss. That's just reality when you're as big as him. The 8 mile one is the only one that could have any merit imo. 

11 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I guess I just don't see how him paying for security is a diss. That's just reality when you're as big as him. The 8 mile one is the only one that could have any merit imo. 

Yeah, see, the thing with diss rap is you could easily counter any diss records greatest lyrics with some sober common sense, this really isn't the theatre of such thinking...and when you couple it with the fact that MGK is pointing out that he's a sort of isloated figure with an isolated life it kinda works better.  It might even just be plain false, I've never seen no big time security around Em'.  But it works as an insult when you take what the whole song is basically saying about Em'.

Its also often highlighted about Em' that though he often gives off this tough guy image, he only ever beefed with manageable people or when Fif' and G Unit were there.

Edited by Len Cnut

On 9/10/2018 at 12:15 AM, Jw224 said:

Idk, I’d say a lot of it make sense. Like the you’re old I’m young thing, in the rap game game that’s a big deal, since the beginning rap it’s been a young man’s game, so calling out Em’s age and bringing up the fact his recent stuff has badly fallen from his early work, it’s a legit diss. Third verse is on point.

Even the you’re short thing, that’s just an added insult that piggy backs on the first insult, which is the real point of that line. “How can I even look up to you”, that’s where he hits. He’s already said he used to respect Em and acknowledged him as a goat and even called him a idol, now he’s saying after everything he’s laid out in this song he can’t even look up to the guy anymore. That theme holds weight with people, the whole I used to like you but you changed and now you act fucked up, that’s a heavy thing. You’re not as tall as me on it’s own ain’t the strongest diss, but following that line about not looking up to you it works, in rap especially where you connect different themes with word play.

The biggest knock I have against it is it’s just not lyrically great. Which MGK has never been that type of rapper, this is about the best you can ask for in that regard. So that weakens it and could’ve helped it be better. But as far as staying on theme throughout the song, putting out some behind the scenes stuff that went down, personal insults, and the right type of attitude, it gets some good points.

It’s no Hit Em Up or Jack the Ripper or anything.

28 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Idk, I’d say a lot of it make sense. Like the you’re old I’m young thing, in the rap game game that’s a big deal, since the beginning rap it’s been a young man’s game, so calling out Em’s age and bringing up the fact his recent stuff has badly fallen from his early work, it’s a legit diss. Third verse is on point.

Even the you’re short thing, that’s just an added insult that piggy backs on the first insult, which is the real point of that line. “How can I even look up to you”, that’s where he hits. He’s already said he used to respect Em and acknowledged him as a goat and even called him a idol, now he’s saying after everything he’s laid out in this song he can’t even look up to the guy anymore. That theme holds weight with people, the whole I used to like you but you changed and now you act fucked up, that’s a heavy thing. You’re not as tall as me on it’s own ain’t the strongest diss, but following that line about not looking up to you it works, in rap especially where you connect different themes with word play.

The biggest knock I have against it is it’s just not lyrically great. Which MGK has never been that type of rapper, this is about the best you can ask for in that regard. So that weakens it and could’ve helped it be better. But as far as staying on theme throughout the song, putting out some behind the scenes stuff that went down, personal insults, and the right type of attitude, it gets some good points.

It’s no Hit Em Up or Jack the Ripper or anything.

I heard a comeback from some Stan Eminem clone on youtube and I swear to God even the Stan destroys him mimicking Em' :lol:

• Haha 1