oldnews

Machine Gun Kelly - Rap Devil (Eminem Diss)

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

To me the most cutting line is probably 'so what do you stand for?/i know you can't stand yourself' because you could maybe see how like, there's some reality to it.  And the stuff about being a fake tough guy spending millions on security and the 'only time you see 8 Mile is on a treadmill', if you follow Eminem and know the story of his getting off drugs through treadmill addiction basically its kinda funny.  There was a lot of lines in it that hit the mark, its just the rhymes ain't all that.

I guess I just don't see how him paying for security is a diss. That's just reality when you're as big as him. The 8 mile one is the only one that could have any merit imo. 

11 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I guess I just don't see how him paying for security is a diss. That's just reality when you're as big as him. The 8 mile one is the only one that could have any merit imo. 

Yeah, see, the thing with diss rap is you could easily counter any diss records greatest lyrics with some sober common sense, this really isn't the theatre of such thinking...and when you couple it with the fact that MGK is pointing out that he's a sort of isloated figure with an isolated life it kinda works better.  It might even just be plain false, I've never seen no big time security around Em'.  But it works as an insult when you take what the whole song is basically saying about Em'.

Its also often highlighted about Em' that though he often gives off this tough guy image, he only ever beefed with manageable people or when Fif' and G Unit were there.

Edited by Len Cnut

On 9/10/2018 at 12:15 AM, Jw224 said:

Such a weak track. Basically boils down to "you have a weird beard" "you're old and I'm young" (how is this a diss?) "I'm tall you're short". Most of the things he says aren't even disses, when you dissect them they either make no sense or mean nothing. The fact this has become so popular is embarrassing. 

Idk, I’d say a lot of it make sense. Like the you’re old I’m young thing, in the rap game game that’s a big deal, since the beginning rap it’s been a young man’s game, so calling out Em’s age and bringing up the fact his recent stuff has badly fallen from his early work, it’s a legit diss. Third verse is on point.

Even the you’re short thing, that’s just an added insult that piggy backs on the first insult, which is the real point of that line. “How can I even look up to you”, that’s where he hits. He’s already said he used to respect Em and acknowledged him as a goat and even called him a idol, now he’s saying after everything he’s laid out in this song he can’t even look up to the guy anymore. That theme holds weight with people, the whole I used to like you but you changed and now you act fucked up, that’s a heavy thing. You’re not as tall as me on it’s own ain’t the strongest diss, but following that line about not looking up to you it works, in rap especially where you connect different themes with word play.

The biggest knock I have against it is it’s just not lyrically great. Which MGK has never been that type of rapper, this is about the best you can ask for in that regard. So that weakens it and could’ve helped it be better. But as far as staying on theme throughout the song, putting out some behind the scenes stuff that went down, personal insults, and the right type of attitude, it gets some good points.

It’s no Hit Em Up or Jack the Ripper or anything.

28 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Idk, I’d say a lot of it make sense. Like the you’re old I’m young thing, in the rap game game that’s a big deal, since the beginning rap it’s been a young man’s game, so calling out Em’s age and bringing up the fact his recent stuff has badly fallen from his early work, it’s a legit diss. Third verse is on point.

Even the you’re short thing, that’s just an added insult that piggy backs on the first insult, which is the real point of that line. “How can I even look up to you”, that’s where he hits. He’s already said he used to respect Em and acknowledged him as a goat and even called him a idol, now he’s saying after everything he’s laid out in this song he can’t even look up to the guy anymore. That theme holds weight with people, the whole I used to like you but you changed and now you act fucked up, that’s a heavy thing. You’re not as tall as me on it’s own ain’t the strongest diss, but following that line about not looking up to you it works, in rap especially where you connect different themes with word play.

The biggest knock I have against it is it’s just not lyrically great. Which MGK has never been that type of rapper, this is about the best you can ask for in that regard. So that weakens it and could’ve helped it be better. But as far as staying on theme throughout the song, putting out some behind the scenes stuff that went down, personal insults, and the right type of attitude, it gets some good points.

It’s no Hit Em Up or Jack the Ripper or anything.

I heard a comeback from some Stan Eminem clone on youtube and I swear to God even the Stan destroys him mimicking Em' :lol:

• Haha 1

Em posted a video of him playing pac man and people are thinking it means he's gonna respond. (Mgk has a pac man tattoo on his chest). 

12 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Em posted a video of him playing pac man and people are thinking it means he's gonna respond. (Mgk has a pac man tattoo on his chest). 

You sort of feel he has to he has been well and truly boy'd if not

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You sort of feel he has to he has been well and truly boy'd if not

I don't rate the diss itself at all but it has gotten massively popular so yeah he kinda has to. 

Mentions the MGK thing right at the end, like from 11 mins onwards

Plus my man Fif' on instagram, to Joe, is like 'i owe you an ass whooping Joe, I promise to get that to you'.  Shit, don't let Fif' get involved :lol:  On a side note, those are some sick trainers Em's got on, what are those, the fuckin' Jordan Space Jam era ones? 

Edited by Len Cnut

In other news, Fif' and Busta Rhymes are kicking off :lol: 

10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

OI OI what's the crack there?

Fif' appeared to be playfully taking the mickey out of him on instagram and Bus just kind of went for it, google it, proper funny. 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fif' appeared to be playfully taking the mickey out of him on instagram and Bus just kind of went for it, google it, proper funny. 

From what I can see he called him fat or something? fuck me Busta keep of the Pies son ... save them for me 

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

From what I can see he called him fat or something? fuck me Busta keep of the Pies son ... save them for me 

Nah he just said he had a big neck :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah he just said he had a big neck :lol:

Jesus hardly diss of the century is it ? rappers now days ... 

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jesus hardly diss of the century is it ? rappers now days ... 

He made a comment after that like 'fuck Busta, he's been out-rapping us all for years', which to me sounds like a compliment more than anything!

This is the most excited I've been about rap-music in ages. Rap Devil is a cool track. Best MGK song by far. Gotta love angry music. Looking forward to Eminems response.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He made a comment after that like 'fuck Busta, he's been out-rapping us all for years', which to me sounds like a compliment more than anything!

The 50 Busta thing looks pretty playful to me, seems like abit of that ol barbershop banter.

Unless someone gets shot it’s not legitimate beef. They just 40 and have a mp3 to promote on twitter. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

So what exactly is this? People in the comments are saying it isn't new and people seem to think he's dissing eminem. 

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is an old song from the Radioactive era called "Gangsta of Love" :lol:

I have no idea, I just heard it on youtube and thought it might have some relevance to this thread, apparently not :lol: