Do we really need a new album considering all that turmoil happend to CD with a risk of a potential feud?

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The guys are friends now. This era has basically nothing to do with the ChinDem era. And thirdly, nothing is pressing them anymore. They can release whatever they want whenever they want.

They've performed eight ChiDem songs in the last tour, and setlist-wise it has everything to do with the ChiDem era, it's the same show.

9 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

They've performed eight ChiDem songs in the last tour, and setlist-wise it has everything to do with the ChiDem era, it's the same show.

I was rather reacting to the OP's concerns regarding those many issues, producers etc. during the Chinese years. Also, just because they've played those songs that doesn't mean it's the same era - because it definitely isn't. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think the expectations have lowered a lot for them...... anyone with a bit of common sense knows they/we cannot expect another AFD!! They are way past their prime!!!

So I guess they should just relax and get on the studio and try to make the best hard rock album they can come up with at this point.

They've already made it big at the time when they needed to make it big. They've already gone through all the hell and swimmed in mud.... no one wants to see them fighting over bullshit anymore. That'd be immature and completely useless.

Get rid of the bullshit and just play the instruments. And if they are not happy with that album then make another and other and other and STFU!! :lol:

I do not want another Appetite. I'm looking forward to a new album with the Chi Dem sytle. But i do not want new songs in the style of Shadow of Your Love.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I was rather reacting to the OP's concerns regarding those many issues, producers etc. during the Chinese years. Also, just because they've played those songs that doesn't mean it's the same era - because it definitely isn't. 

Well I'm not seeing a difference between the last tour and the 2010 and 2012 tour. The money involved and the crowd size maybe. What we're seeing now is a elongation of the neverending Chinese Democracy tour. 

You see it as a true friendship reunion. I see it as a cooperative partnership. When the time will come when a new album will be under the radar, bet that we will begin to see through the veil again.

Between CDII and all the musicians involved and Team Brazil right in the middle of it, I don't see them release whatever they want whenever they want unless it is shit music. The creative direction of that band is very fragile and it's a mess.

• Like 1

It would be awesome to hear what a new GNR album would sound like?

Back in the early days, all the songs were written through their personal experiences and lives.

Now most of the members are in a good place in their lives, so I'm very curious as to what they would write about now?

Don't want any political songs. I hate that. I want some good rock and roll songs that show how much the band has changed for the better.

Either way I'm good. Totally love what GNR has done so far, so anything else would just be an added pleasure for me.

1 hour ago, valengf said:

I do not want another Appetite. I'm looking forward to a new album with the Chi Dem sytle. But i do not want new songs in the style of Shadow of Your Love.

Same. I'd personally prefer some of Axl's mad scientist shit, but at this point I'd quite happily take a straight up rawk album over nothing. If the Slither performances are anything to go by, Axl's voice will give it that classic GN'R swagger that Velvet Revolver etc. were missing.

• Like 1

The big thing is, I don't want the pressure that CD had or UYI had. I want them to write organically. No leaks, no changes after those leaks, then subsequent leaks, then delays. As cool as it must have been in the early 2000's to hear CD leaks, that clearly must have played a role in the album being delayed. Axl is already a perfectionist, having his material leaked before his songs or vision is "complete" in his eyes probably messed with him a little bit. Clearly it bothered him when November Rain was bootlegged during the UYI tour and before.

I just want them to not even talk about it, and just surprise the shit out of us with it.

43 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

As cool as it must have been in the early 2000's to hear CD leaks, that clearly must have played a role in the album being delayed. Axl is already a perfectionist, having his material leaked before his songs or vision is "complete" in his eyes probably messed with him a little bit.

Tracks didn't start leaking until 2006 IIRC, so out of all those years, we only had the last 2-3 years of leaks, by which point most of the recording had already been done. The/an album had already been recorded by 2002 (pretty much RTB's version of the 1999 Beavan album), with Bucket and Brain songs being added between then and 2004. The only things done after that were overdubs from Ron and Frank, and tweaks to the mixing. Basically Axl made sure every member had a contribution. 

Most of the trouble was caused by guys like RTB and Bob Ezrin telling Axl it sucked and to keep recording, and endless meddling and bickering from the label telling him to keep mixing or agree to a reunion.

Those few years when we had leaks were basically when Axl took a break to tour and negotiate the release.

Edited by Azifwekare

guns n roses, much like the stones, are a rare kind of band that couldn't produce a bad album even if they tried.

They are a band where, one man's least favorite song could be another one's favorite. 

They made a lazy covers album, yet it still rocks and swings like a fat pig wallowing in a hog trough. down on the farm, new rose, I don't care about you... It's all fun and loveable.

even the frankenstein experiment that was chinese democracy, and only features one member of the appetite 5, still has interesting moments and a nearly bottomless well of musical layers that are anything but boring.

there is only one flaw in the GNR discography; that there aren't any more. hope they fix this quite unpleasant detail any time soon.

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

The worst thing that could happen is if he reduced Guns N' Roses to a homogenized rock product like AC/DC.

The second worse thing would be if the vault weren't polished up and released. All iterations, for each segment of the fanbase. 

Maybe both is the answer. 

It would be an atrocity if Guns N' Roses reunited and never produced original material again. It would be like missing Christmas or your child's first birthday.

With that said, there is more for them to lose than there is for them to gain. I think of it kind of like how people imagined these new Star Wars films. When they were announced, there was this amazing sense of wonder and awe that something old and sacred could come back as something new. In that space, they could be whatever you wanted them to be; they could be as great as your imagination could take it. Once they started releasing them, people realized that they were just movies. That love it, like it or hate it, it will never be 1977 again...or 1987.

Edited by appetite4illusions

Absolutely. I feel like I could take them at least a little more seriously if they were actually being a creative force instead of just milking the nostalgia circuit on tour every once in a while. I think Axl's long past the bullshit that made him fumble the CD process so badly, but now it's a question of whether he actually has the spark to create music for public consumption again. 

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

A stealth release would be absolutely the way to to go and it would be cool as fuck.

So, no, probably.

I'm completely down for this. It's the only way to really subvert the massive expectations on it - instead of building up a promo cycle for four months, getting people's hopes up for it to be something it might not, just drop it and let everyone make sense of it all at the same time. It worked when Brand New took an 8 year break from making new music, and it landed that relatively minor band a number one album, too.

The question can be boiled down to:

Do you really want a new record if it means there is a chance that it might cause a split? Or would you rather they scrap the idea of new material to protect their ability to remain together on a never-ending tour?  

IMO. it's hard to say "Yes, they should scrap plans for a new album so they can make biennial stops in my city to perform their hits." 

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Well I'm not seeing a difference between the last tour and the 2010 and 2012 tour. The money involved and the crowd size maybe. What we're seeing now is a elongation of the neverending Chinese Democracy tour. 

You see it as a true friendship reunion. I see it as a cooperative partnership. When the time will come when a new album will be under the radar, bet that we will begin to see through the veil again.

Between CDII and all the musicians involved and Team Brazil right in the middle of it, I don't see them release whatever they want whenever they want unless it is shit music. The creative direction of that band is very fragile and it's a mess.

No, this is a reunion tour. The band wanted to show the world how it looks now and the fact that the main guys got back together again. If it wasn’t for the not completely necessary 2018 shows, the length (what, year and a half?) is completely justifiable – it’s a world tour, and one of the biggest ones, on top of that.

Cooperative partnership? To me, the photos and videos clearly show that the guys are friends. After all, even if the reunion didn’t happen, they could have continued their separate solo endeavours and made money, albeit much less, of course. In any case, none of us really knows the inside, so we definitely should avoid claiming stuff (not saying you did). I want to hope and see it as a friendship, and to date, nothing has shown it to be a false presumption, so why not be positive.

CDII doesn’t have anything to do with the current sessions/album. It’s solely up to Axl whether he wants to use anything from that era or not; and even if they do, it will be rerecorded. TB is Axl’s family, so one would hardly expect any real troubles coming from that side, would they. And as for the creative direction, again – none of us knows shit, we just assume things.

Hell, they could even release records at their own sole expense now!

Over and out.

Edited by jamillos

19 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Sounds like someone is overthinking and worrying too much!

If these guys can tour for 2 years plus and get along fine, I'm sure they would be okay in the studio together for a much shorter time period.

Thats if they all go into the studio

19 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Sounds like someone is overthinking and worrying too much!

If these guys can tour for 2 years plus and get along fine, I'm sure they would be okay in the studio together for a much shorter time period.

Thats if they record together or just record on pro tools in their own home and just send to one another the recordings. 

16 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

I think that most want new music (me included) and I think that if they want to continue to play stadiums and these big sized crowds, then a new album is the way to go. It's going to be interesting to see what this lineup will bring to the table. 

Well slash has publically wanted to record, tour record tour but the issue with that is axls vocal chords will have a use by date.

13 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

The big thing is, I don't want the pressure that CD had or UYI had. I want them to write organically. No leaks, no changes after those leaks, then subsequent leaks, then delays. As cool as it must have been in the early 2000's to hear CD leaks, that clearly must have played a role in the album being delayed. Axl is already a perfectionist, having his material leaked before his songs or vision is "complete" in his eyes probably messed with him a little bit. Clearly it bothered him when November Rain was bootlegged during the UYI tour and before.

I just want them to not even talk about it, and just surprise the shit out of us with it.

With the producer slash uses their are no leaks when he is recording stuff with skmc, maybe they should use the same small recording team slash uses that respects his work and the recording sessions.