House of Cards Final Season

AtariLegend

Coming November 2nd on Netflix

Looks like the final season will indeed have absolutely have nothing to with the original concept of the show. Should have just planned to have it end with 3 seasons, instead of spinning in it's tails and becoming tedious for seasons long before the Spacey antics became public.

For those interested in the original House of Cards (this is a minor spoiler), 

Spoiler

yes he is killed, but at the very end and she doesn't become Prime Minster of the UK in an absurd plot twist.

So who'll watch through 13 hours to find out how Claire manages to have an affair, then decide not to have an affair when she's single or the boring adventures of Doug?

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I'll forgive them a little bit if they finally wrap up the dead journo plot so that the fictional world of HoC knows the former Prez pushed her under a train.

That's one of the worst things about it going on so long. No big downfall for Frank, the public finding out or him maybe going to jail. Almost Dexter-esque.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

I'll probably end up watching it but I can't say I'm enthused. I'll forgive them a little bit if they finally wrap up the dead journo plot so that the fictional world of HoC knows the former Prez pushed her under a train.

Exactly how I feel. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, AtariLegend said:

Almost Dexter-esque.

The show runners can fuck right off.

I decided I wasn't going to watch this after how dreadful some of the previous seasons were. However it popped up on my Netflix and I seen that it was only 8 episodes long. I thought, why not see how it ends?

This was possibly the most ridiculous season yet and one of the worst final seasons of a tv show I've ever seen. If you're really interested, just skip to the last 10 minutes of the last episode and ignore the rest of the season

Spoiler

(...Because none of it goes anywhere.)

Just a few thoughts though. They really did expect Hillary to win didn't they? This whole show seems to be based on the fantasies of a stereotypical Republican. Democrats evil, feminism evil, Republicans not that bad, Russians not that bad, everything a conspiracy ect....

Edited by AtariLegend

21 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

This was possibly the most ridiculous season yet and one of the worst final seasons of a tv show I've ever seen. If you're really interested, just skip to the last 10 minutes of the last episode and ignore the rest of the season

After reading your post, I took it one step further and just looked up a spoiler for the end of the season. HOLY SHIT. That's the dumbest ending I've ever heard of.

Glad I didn't get into this show. Everyone kept pressuring me to watch it like 4 or 5 years ago and I just didn't. Even pretended like I saw it to shut them up. Seems like a complete fall from grace since the Spacey thing. He was the main guy, so of course it would fail. I heard it was going downhill before that though. 

Still, what a downward spiral considering this was one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows at one time

3 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Correct. Even while making the whole season about his death, it sucks more ass than the Walking Dead at its worst. Just pretend the show ended with Spacey and you’re good. 

I mean he was the show, the sociopath who eats ribs in a really sinister way is irreplaceable. It’s like Michael Myers not being in a Halloween movie, what are you doing?

On 11/12/2018 at 10:40 PM, wasted said:

I mean he was the show, the sociopath who eats ribs in a really sinister way is irreplaceable. It’s like Michael Myers not being in a Halloween movie, what are you doing?

It' just doesn't work wtithout Kevin. But I've invested a lot of my free time and weed in the other shit seasons after the first so I need to see how this shit ends

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

It' just doesn't work wtithout Kevin. But I've invested a lot of my free time and weed in the other shit seasons after the first so I need to see how this shit ends

I just saw a guy walk out of McDonalds and throw his trash on top of a hedge bush. Now he’s smoking next to it. 

I think we know how it ends: #metoo, dicktubes, smoking by trash filled hedges. Basically Veep season 8. 

Edited by wasted

I started watching with the first season and binged every subsequent season since then. I have no interest in watching without Spacey though. Maybe someday I'll have a quick glimpse somewhere and see what happens, but can't say I'm clamouring to find out.

Just finished watching the last episode and it was an extra large helping of runny dogshit to sprayed all over the top of this stale turd of a season. They should have called it after Spacey admitted to all the sex crimes, he was the show.

Edited by SoundOfAGun

They were clearly thinking it was an artsy ending. I was honestly pissed off with the ending. At least with Dexter I was more displeased with how pathetic it was. The ending to this made me feel pathethic for watching.

I don't buy for a second that they planned that ending from the start.

What I do buy is the idea that Netflix didn't really care about the story and just wanted content. It explains most of the show's seasons. 

Edited by AtariLegend

• 1 month later...

I watched the first episode and wanted to claw my eyes out. Claire is boring as fuck, and the whole thing was pretty much watchable because of Spacey, who might be a big douche, but can fucking act. I was going to power through, but you have convinced me to just drop it and go ahead and look for a spoiler. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Glad I didn't get into this show. Everyone kept pressuring me to watch it like 4 or 5 years ago and I just didn't. Even pretended like I saw it to shut them up. Seems like a complete fall from grace since the Spacey thing. He was the main guy, so of course it would fail. I heard it was going downhill before that though. 

Still, what a downward spiral considering this was one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows at one time

I personally liked everything before S6 to some extent. I thought S3 was the weakest before this, though I liked S4 and 5, if not as much as 1 and 2. 

This season was an abomination. It had zero redeeming qualities. And the ending was the worst I've ever seen - there was zero resolution for literally any character that didn't get killed off. 

• Like 1