SMKC announce European headlining tour

LovelessNL

It's really strange, he played 2 small shows in Ireland before back to back and both sold out fast. 

Next time he upgraded to an arena and had a huge crowd there. 

This time he has no Irish date at all and small shows around Europe. 

I think somebody is misjudging the band's popularity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I wonder what GNR songs they will add to the set this time around, will be great to hear those again with a drummer that actually knows how to play them !

In his interviews he makes it sound like he doesn't want to play any Gn'R so I am not expecting much. His last interview he said maybe one VR song and one Snakepit song.. i think that is a shame because the cool thing about the Slash shows is seeing him play songs that span across his career.  SMKC have some a couple great songs and some really good ones but I don't really care to see a whole set of the stuff at all.  Gn'R > VR > Snakepit I > SMKC > Snakepit II.  

I try to never miss a Slash show when it comes around. I have seen Gn'R 6 times.. VR 8 time.. Snakepit 3 times.. Slash with Camp Freddy once.. SMKC maybe 6 times..  I am going to wait and see what they are playing first but I might actually think about selling my tickets if the setlist looks weak. 

5 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

It's really strange, he played 2 small shows in Ireland before back to back and both sold out fast. 

Next time he upgraded to an arena and had a huge crowd there. 

This time he has no Irish date at all and small shows around Europe. 

I think somebody is misjudging the band's popularity.

I find it so strange too. I've been to all Slash shows here in the north and south of Ireland and all were packed out and amazing. Especially the 3arena concert which was almost sold out and the band were so surprised at how awesome our support was. Was even at Myles solo gigs too. Please come to Ireland guys :(

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Doncaster?

''Northallerton, Doncaster, Darlington, York, Leeds''

That is how I know that place from, the east coast rail-line!!

What an obscure place to play a show? I am tempted to go. It is only a 40mins train ride from the toon. 

Don’t think Leeds is on East coast rail line.

Unusual location for a show for sure though, I know Doncaster dome as being a swimming pool/leisure centre, have been to the pool many years ago.

Strikes me as another “Stoke” type show.

Strange too indeed that they’ve gone from large arenas (that seemingly sold well), to these places. 

1 minute ago, Carburetta said:

Don’t think Leeds is on East coast rail line.

Unusual location for a show for sure though, I know Doncaster dome as being a swimming pool/leisure centre, have been to the pool many years ago.

Strikes me as another “Stoke” type show.

Strange too indeed that they’ve gone from large arenas (that seemingly sold well), to these places. 

I'm usually paralytic by the ''York'' announcement, if not earlier, so deserve a reprieve. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm usually paralytic by the ''York'' announcement, if not earlier, so deserve a reprieve. 

Leeds is on the east coast line I'm sure. Speaking of paralytic and York, my last memory of the train from York was that they'd banned all alcohol consumption on trains bound for Middlesbrough of a weekend. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Leeds is on the east coast line I'm sure. Speaking of paralytic and York, my last memory of the train from York was that they'd banned all alcohol consumption on trains bound for Middlesbrough of a weekend. :lol: 

I got on at the toon and got off there for a Neil Young show, so I'm assuming Leeds is a somewhat easterly rail connection, granted I'm not discounting the theory that trains occasionally miss it as the Luftwaffe did. I shouldn't joke. I've just been to Birmingham!!!

On 8-9-2018 at 8:31 AM, Italian girl said:

Why did he choose venues so Small??

Probably because they want to leave some 'interest' in them for when they play festivals. Its nicer to announce them for festivals with the headline 'AFTER THEIR HIGHLY SUCCESFULL SOLD-OUT EUROPEAN CLUB TOUR' then with 'yeah, they are back, after playing enormous venues which weren't even half full in most places'

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Probably because they want to leave some 'interest' in them for when they play festivals. Its nicer to announce them for festivals with the headline 'AFTER THEIR HIGHLY SUCCESFULL SOLD-OUT EUROPEAN CLUB TOUR' then with 'yeah, they are back, after playing enormous venues which weren't even half full in most places'

There’s no midlands date on the UK tour which makes me think he will be back for Donington next year. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

On 8.9.2018 at 8:31 AM, Italian girl said:

Why did he choose venues so Small??

The interest for a slash solo shows has definitly dropped since he has joined GnR again - if the album is average as his other outputs I don't think these venues will sell out very fast...

He has lost all the people who went to see him in the bigger venues a few years ago as it was the only chance to see him play gnr songs - now they got the real deal and theres no need to watch myles try to sing gnr songs anymore.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, super ultra said:

Does anyone know/can predict the Vienna show prices? Tried to get to know it but there's literally 0 information on the official sites 🙄

between 50 and 60 eur should be the price. The venue is not that big and sometimes artists there charge less money but Slash will cost max 60 in my opinion. next week ticket sales start.