SMKC announce European headlining tour

LovelessNL

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

London sold out mega fast. Bloody bot touts! Had to fork out £100pp via Viagogo for stalls standing tickets.

Can't moan about the touts if you're willing to pay their prices....you're the reason they do it! 

Shows aren't sold out - Ticketmaster are just doing their usual "sell at inflated prices to generate illusion of demand" trick. They're selling tickets for the doncaster show for £200-£250.....it's not sold out and they're available for face value from the venue website. 

Ticketmaster tactics are disgusting - making up their own prices to see what they can get away with charging. When people don't buy them they dump them all back to face value. Look at other ticket sellers if possible at all times (only use TM as a last resort) or just simply wait a bit. 

Edited by allwaystired

Just got home to find my tickets for the amsterdam show have turnt up, result.🤗 Just gota wait for my london tickets to show up and jobs a good un. Boom

🤘🎩🤘

also got email from roadrunner store to say my slash boxset has been dispatched. And by myhermes with a 3 day courier service thats means end of next week. They fuckin useless. Good job i got apple music so i can listen to it when actually comes out tomorrow and not next week when my boxset turns up and the world has already heard it. Who the fuck runs these online shops - fernando🤦‍♂️ ???. Seriously 3 day courier service that fucker should be turnin up tomorrow, not in 3 days time meanin next week i also paid £11 courier. Wankers. Have to say hands down to amazon never get this when i pre-order from them normally get it without fail on release day.  Rant over sorry. RnfnR 

Edited by rossco

12 hours ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Sorry but You're a sucker. 

Sucker because, when i checked Ticketmaster all morning on the day of ticket release at work ducking in and out of meetings at the consternation of my boss the website either crashed, loaded perpetually when I clicked on Slash tickets without resolving, or told me the only remaining tickets were "platinum" tickets at something like £250pp, and seeing as I wanted tickets I found them elsewhere at a cheaper price?

I despise the secondary ticket market, and am all for fans getting the tickets (not bots, touts, or profiteering non-fans who buy tickets simply to stick on Viagogo or eBay 5 mins later), but if the system or the way said artist has marketed the tickets allows those bots, touts or profiteering non-fans to get their hands on the tickets in the first place... Then the only way those tickets can end up in the hands of the fans (like me) is through the secondary market.

Criticising people like me is not the solution here. The system needs an overhaul.

Overall I paid £20pp more per person for the tickets, which I was happy with and which I would gladly have paid directly to SMK&C to give my money to the artist directly, had that option been available and as I do usually for other gigs (including the excellent The Aristocrats gig I went to in London this week).

Maybe it's a London thing given the demand there. I can't get to Doncaster.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Can't moan about the touts if you're willing to pay their prices....you're the reason they do it! 

Shows aren't sold out - Ticketmaster are just doing their usual "sell at inflated prices to generate illusion of demand" trick. They're selling tickets for the doncaster show for £200-£250.....it's not sold out and they're available for face value from the venue website. 

Ticketmaster tactics are disgusting - making up their own prices to see what they can get away with charging. When people don't buy them they dump them all back to face value. Look at other ticket sellers if possible at all times (only use TM as a last resort) or just simply wait a bit. 

Just spotted this. The reason i went to TM was actually a link from Slash's website - I clicked there first, went to the tour page to see who the official seller was.

I had similar pain with other websites not having tickets mind, maybe bad luck.

I should have pointed out that I wanted stalls standing tickets. I sat down for my last Slash gig and didn't enjoy it (guy behind me kept telling our party to sit down all night, even though everyone else around us was stood up!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is why I agree with what that ginger kid is doing. 

People are happy to write off Ed Sheeran as 'not cool' or 'not alternative' enough....but really, he's the one actually getting off his arse and battling these practices, at his own personal expense. Meanwhile so called 'anti-authority' acts are happy to carry on facilitating the flogging of their tickets at grossly inflated prices. 

Musically, he's not my bag, but I think it speaks volumes that it's him who is standing up for things rather than anyone else....

• Like 3

Polish show won't be sold out as the venue is quite big (13 000 tickets to sell). As far as I know tickets are selling pretty well, but if some of you would like to come to Poland to see that gig, it would cost you ~80€ for GA. Accommodation here is really cheap for people with western salaries. I believe @Slash2baz came here in 2014 to see SMKC too. What I can guarantee is awesome crowd and a surprise for the band that will probably make the show special, who knows - maybe with an additional song in the set ;) 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Polish show won't be sold out as the venue is quite big (13 000 tickets to sell). As far as I know tickets are selling pretty well, but if some of you would like to come to Poland to see that gig, it would cost you ~80€ for GA. Accommodation here is really cheap for people with western salaries. I believe @Slash2baz came here in 2014 to see SMKC too. What I can guarantee is awesome crowd and a surprise for the band that will probably make the show special, who knows - maybe with an additional song in the set ;) 

I'm still thinking about which concert I'll attend.

Maybe the one in Poland since my wife is polish. Or the one in Prague, which is a city I'd like to see and I never been there before.

Seeing as NO IRISH DATE...i have booked flights and Tickets to the Glasgow gig. Ooooh yeah :headbang:

Love the SMKC albums but havnt given much air time to LTD yet...by all accounts its his typical solid rock album.

Would like to see one or two more additions of VR to set list before then