Kings Of Chaos Nightrain

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It's one of the greatest Nightrain performances post Guns.

Just wondering that you didn't know it. It was posted somewhere on this forum before.

I may have seen it but I don't see every post posted and have a very shitty short term memory. I know I usually don't watch the KOC videos but clicked on thus one for some reson.. So glad I did.. I wil Axl, Slash and Duff would click on it too.

• Like 1

I can't stand the Myles guy, sorry. but of course, these performances are nice.

I almost want to say - meanwhile during the 2013 GNR tour that nobody even bothered to bootleg :facepalm: (I think there are 3 audio and 1 video recordings from the whole 2013 tour and besides 2014 Brazil shows and Revolver Golden Gods awars only one more bootleg from 2014, and that is extremely bad).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Modano09 said:

My guess is he either said something since then to piss Axl off, he pissed Slash/Duff of during the VR years, or Axl/Slash/Duff just figured he'd eventually piss someone off and felt it best to leave him out. Plus, Axl's pretty loyal to his crew and there wasn't an opening for a drummer, I guess.

my guess is that axl likes much better to deal with those yes-men he has on sallary

my guess is that axl is pretty loyal to himself

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:13 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I hear ya.. There was so much potential for this reunion.. I mean they could pretty much cart any lineup on stage with Axl and Slash and it was going to be huge.. They proved that but it could have been so much more genuine. Even without Izzy and Steven this lineup would have kicked MAJOR ass. It isn't about nostalgia either.. Block out Myles and this just looks and sounds so much better than the NITL lineup.  You can feel the energy.  Imagine throwing Axl in that mix?

All of this is true but the NITL lineup isn't surprising. Axl is loyal to a fault. He'd never boot Frank or Fortus even if he knew deep down that he wanted some combination of Gilby/Izzy/Steven/Matt. He even tried bringing back Ashba, as we all know. Shit on Ashba all we want but he had the self awareness to know when he wasn't needed. It'll take a similar amount of self awareness from Frank or Fortus for a change to happen. From Frank? Maybe. I don't think Fortus will be voluntarily leaving the band any time soon, though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ludurigan said:

my guess is that axl likes much better to deal with those yes-men he has on sallary

my guess is that axl is pretty loyal to himself

As opposed to bringing people into his band that'll cause friction? 

And it's pretty well documented that Axl's a pretty loyal guy, maybe just not to the people you want him to be loyal to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

As opposed to bringing people into his band that'll cause friction? 

And it's pretty well documented that Axl's a pretty loyal guy, maybe just not to the people you want him to be loyal to.

sure, it is most certainly better to buy people in order to avoid friction, right?

9 hours ago, Modano09 said:

In almost any realistic way you look at it, yes. Though I'd replace "buy" with "hire". 

it doesn't get more far removed from what made guns n roses great and it doesn't get more far removed from the idea of a rock n roll band than that

maybe we should all starting hiring people for our daily lives -- you know, people we work with, eventually even friends and families, why not? -- to avoid friction!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

it doesn't get more far removed from what made guns n roses great and it doesn't get more far removed from the idea of a rock n roll band than that

maybe we should all starting hiring people for our daily lives -- you know, people we work with, eventually even friends and families, why not? -- to avoid friction!

Well it's 33 years later and they're pushing 60 years old so maybe what their idea of "rock n roll" is today isn't what it was in 1985. And yeah, it seems like common sense to hire people you enjoy working with and get along with rather than an obnoxious crackhead or a guy who seems to find conflict in every band he's in.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 11:12 AM, Modano09 said:

Well it's 33 years later and they're pushing 60 years old so maybe what their idea of "rock n roll" is today isn't what it was in 1985. And yeah, it seems like common sense to hire people you enjoy working with and get along with rather than an obnoxious crackhead or a guy who seems to find conflict in every band he's in.

the fact that you think it is possible to buy greatness, to purchase a band like if it was a car or a TV in a store only shows how ignorant you are about all things GNR and all things rock n roll

No knock on Myles or anyone, but I find it hard to listen to Guns song sung by anyone but Axl. Either current Axl is a big change over vintage Axl. 

Myles sounds great on his own stuff, Alter Bridge, love his stuff with Slash, but just sounds off on GNR songs.

The point of the thread was to showcase the band and the old school Guns vibe they give off..  Not the vocals or to bitch about Myles.. I don't care for him either.. Like I said in the OP I would love to hear Axl over this.. It would sound greatly superior to the NITL lineup..