Do you think Guns will play the halftime show of Super Bowl LIII?

Endless2404

Do you think Guns will play the halftime show of Super Bowl LIII?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The chances of me as a Romanian man to become the queen of England are a million times higher than Guns doing a halftime show sadly. Though a short medley full rasp 15 minute show would give guns more mainstream attention and it would be perfect to get attention for a potential album release. But that's in a perfect world, we are in the GNR world. 

I live in Atlanta and have been hearing discussions on local radio and tv. Most here are thinking it will be a hip hop or rap artist, due to there being a large hip hop/rap scene here. Also have heard rumors Rhianna wants to perform. The announcement should come in the next few weeks. Looking online, the odds makers in Vegas are betting on it being the Chainsmokers.

On Rolling Stone Music Now they were talking about how Roger Daltrey had poor vocals at The Who's halftime slot and how they think thats one factor in why The Who don't have as many newer young fans as bands like the Stones, Beatles, Floyd, Led Zep, etc. Daltrey had vocal surgery since and sounds great again, but those Half Time shows can really leave an impression.

I think that for that same reason Guns cant do a half time show. Poor vocals = nostalgia act = dad rock

4 hours ago, wasted said:

Isn’t there a problem with how the Superbowl does it with the timing and lip synching? 

But I mean Welcome to the Jungle is perfect half time show. Axl could take a knee. It would be epic. 

He could take a knee... though would he be able to get back up again? That’s the real half time entertainment right there

• Haha 2

Should it happen?  Yes.

Will it happen?  I'd bet on the Browns winning the Super Bowl before Guns played the halftime show.  

Far too corporate and youth-driven for the NFL to give the show over to a band like GNR.  Never mind WTTJ is played several times in every game and is the music that most actual NFL fans would prefer (versus Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake).  But the Super Bowl isn't about football fans, it's about the spectacle and appealing to non-football fans.  

It would be great to see and I guess anything is possible, I just don't see it happening.  

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

Should it happen?  Yes.

Will it happen?  I'd bet on the Browns winning the Super Bowl before Guns played the halftime show.  

Far too corporate and youth-driven for the NFL to give the show over to a band like GNR.  Never mind WTTJ is played several times in every game and is the music that most actual NFL fans would prefer (versus Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake).  But the Super Bowl isn't about football fans, it's about the spectacle and appealing to non-football fans.  

It would be great to see and I guess anything is possible, I just don't see it happening.  

true

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...