Interview: Slash Admits Guns N’ Roses’ Songs Are ‘Sort of Sexist’

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont own any Slash or Duff albums so I have no elements to judge on that, however, we are talking about material released by the whole band and that's what the discussion is about.

CD does not contain lyrics like those of AFD but it wasn't written by the same people who wrote AFD, except for Axl, and its already a 10 years old album, that's why I don't take it as a parameter to measure where Gn'R is at now, as a band.

Not sure who you are talking about but are you saying that nowadays old men do not date or marry underage women anymore?

18 is underaged?  You can get married at 16 can't you? 

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not saying that your position is necessarily wrong, I just think perhaps you take some kinda pithy shit a bit too seriously.

I know, it would here as well but I don't give a fuck.  See, see how empowering that is? :lol:  Say it with me now, I don't give a fuck :lol:  I'm Asian, asian jokes don't bother me, jokes are jokes, take em like one.  I know who I am and what I am so what do I give a shit is some yahoo goes 'you're a sexist', don't bother me none.  What are you gonna do about it if I am?  Exactly, nothing. (i don't mean you personally, I mean the universal you).

As for the part I bolded, let me just say I do and don't take it all that seriously. For me personally, I don't really care tbh. We just get hit with stuff on a daily basis it seems like right now. Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

As for race, what worries me is I have a 3 year old little white boy. He was born in 2015, and the thought of him growing up in an era that makes him feel bad about being those things worries me. That's why I said there needs to be an expiration date for this crap. Maybe we are not there yet, but it should be sooner as opposed to later imo.

As for the rest of your statement, the fact that you ARE Asian leads me to my final point, there is this idea (here in America especially) that a thing called "white privilege" exists. But it's an ideology that holds no water. Why? Asians are the MOST successful race here in America. They went through a lot of bigotry and hatred as well, yet they prosper. Why is that? So "white people" have been able to keep all races down, yet this group is MORE successful (by average) than even white people. It doesn't make any sense? The truth is race has NOTHING to do with prosperity in America anymore. So what does then?

It is a proven FACT that two factors lead to fincial success or failed in life, education and children outside of wedlock. These are the two MAIN reasons why Asians are the top race in America. They are the most educated and they very rarely have children outside of marriage. It is also why African Americans are on the lower end of the spectrum, they are not (by average) as educated and they DO have a lot of children outside of marriage. It's also why white people are in reality are the middle group, because we do a lot of both. 

Facts tell the story a lot more than feelings do. But liberals don't want to talk about Asians, because it proves that ANY race can succeed in America. We have to get away from this victim mentality. Stop asking for help, instead help yourself. 

Ok rant over 😉

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not sure who you are talking about but are you saying that nowadays old men do not date or marry underage women anymore?

It was Rolling Stone Bill Wyman. But Steven Tyler used to date a 13 year old too, I think, and I'm sure there were more. Jerry Lee Lewis was another famous example.

I know Wyman dating and marrying a child, basically, caused a lot of upset even thirty years ago. Of course there are still lots of couples with a huge age difference, but I can't imagine a 50 year old rock star today dating a 15 year old girl. So, yes, according to me, it most certainly was a different time.

Jesusmotherfuckingchrist why does he even comment on those questions?? First they cut out a song they once fought for and now it's no questions about this and none about that please but supporting and complying to a questionable political agenda censoring freedom of speech and thought as racist and sexism on the back of the entire bands legacy any time just to bend over for the mainstream for a little more attention? Fuck. That. Shit. I'm so sick of what corporate whore this whole enterprise has become. Wake me up when there's new music or Axl or Izzy have something to say, they seem to be the only ones with at least half a spine left.

• Like 1

In Mass a 12 year old girl can be married off by her parents. In some US States a girl can be married off by her parents at age 15. In States where the age is different for males and females, the males age is always higher.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/table_marriage

According to this, Between 2000 and 2015, at least 207,459 minors were married in the United States

As for the part I bolded, let me just say I do and don't take it all that seriously. For me personally, I don't really care tbh. We just get hit with stuff on a daily basis it seems like right now. Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

Mildly patronizing for the birds I imagine but nevermind :lol:  Calling them 'the birds' is as well come to that :lol:

As for race, what worries me is I have a 3 year old little white boy. He was born in 2015, and the thought of him growing up in an era that makes him feel bad about being those things worries me. That's why I said there needs to be an expiration date for this crap. Maybe we are not there yet, but it should be sooner as opposed to later imo.

Well thats where you as a parent come in to teach him whats what.  Easier said than done against the tides of society but hey, its what you sign up for.

As for the rest of your statement, the fact that you ARE Asian leads me to my final point, there is this idea (here in America especially) that a thing called "white privilege" exists. But it's an ideology that holds no water. Why? Asians are the MOST successful race here in America. They went through a lot of bigotry and hatred as well, yet they prosper. Why is that? So "white people" have been able to keep all races down, yet this group is MORE successful (by average) than even white people. It doesn't make any sense? The truth is race has NOTHING to do with prosperity in America anymore. So what does then?

The concept of white privelige doesn't mean that other races can't get on in life, its saying that white people are afforded certain privelige by default over and above others. 

It is a proven FACT that two factors lead to fincial success or failed in life, education and children outside of wedlock. These are the two MAIN reasons why Asians are the top race in America. They are the most educated and they very rarely have children outside of marriage. It is also why African Americans are on the lower end of the spectrum, they are not (by average) as educated and they DO have a lot of children outside of marriage. It's also why white people are in reality are the middle group, because we do a lot of both. 

Why do you consider those factors to be the definitive ones over and above others? 

Facts tell the story a lot more than feelings do. But liberals don't want to talk about Asians, because it proves that ANY race can succeed in America. We have to get away from this victim mentality. Stop asking for help, instead help yourself. 

Facts tell the story, feelings help in being able to properly interpret the facts, without heart behind your thinking facts and figures can lead us all to some very disturbing conclusions about how the world could be a better place.  And as far as victim mentality, as a male, in a male dominant culture, arguably THE dominant culture in the world today at that, as well as being a member of the dominant race of said culture, do you not think that some of your indignance here could be construed as being indicative of something of a victim mentality? 

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

18 is underaged?  You can get married at 16 can't you? 

That will depend on the laws of each country :shrugs:

But Lio was talking about some old rocker who married an 18 years old girl he had been dating for 5 years prior to that, so that makes the girl underaged by the time the relationship started.

I don't know what the heck that's got to do with GN'R and this discussion, though.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

It was Rolling Stone Bill Wyman. But Steven Tyler used to date a 13 year old too, I think, and I'm sure there were more. Jerry Lee Lewis was another famous example.

I know Wyman dating and marrying a child, basically, caused a lot of upset even thirty years ago. Of course there are still lots of couples with a huge age difference, but I can't imagine a 50 year old rock star today dating a 15 year old girl. So, yes, according to me, it most certainly was a different time.

And you think rockers represent the whole world, huh?

NOTHING has changed regarding that shit. Old men still abuse women of all ages, but preferably the younger ones. Especially in oppressive societies that do not make headlines of Hollywood tabloids, virgin girls are still a trophy many degenerates go after.

But if you want to talk about Guns N' Roses, do not make me go looking for that picture of 50+ Axl Rose grabbing the butt (and signing it) of an underage Canadian fan girl. A little search on Instagram would quickly throw the results for the pictures I am talking about and most of us have seen.

15 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Honestly, as far as sexism goes, I feel MANY of these SJW types are missing the point (at least for me), women are spending too much time trying to prove they can do everything a man can do, instead of appreciating they can do everything a man can't do. Which I'm not talking about just having babies. Women are absolutely amazing, wonderful, and BETTER than men in most ways. IMO trying act like men is actually taking away from how special they truly are. 

What a whole load of bullshit! :facepalm:

No one is trying to act like men or prove any shit. What we are trying to do is live our own fucking lives depending the least we can from people who have been oppressing us for centuries.

We women just want to live life as any other human beings, because FIRST and FOREMOST we are HUMAN BEINGS and we are not better or worse than men. It all depends on the chances that every person was given throughout their lives: nurture, education, health care, freedom, equal opportunities.

When someone is given the basics to function as a normal person in society, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, that person will be able to advance in life. Obviously, we have some biological differences but the rest is mostly cultural.

Women can have a job, live alone, take care of themselves, do the groceries, change the lightbulbs, fix whatever shit that breaks in the house, etc. etc. I know this because I do it myself and I don't depend on any man for it. I ain't fucking special or anything. I'm a human being with enough intelligence, who quickly found out that I could learn many things that I was supposed not to and thus, do not require the assistance of others for the most basic daily things in life.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But Lio was talking about some old rocker who married an 18 years old girl he had been dating for 5 years prior to that, so that makes the girl underaged by the time the relationship started.

I don't know what the heck that's got to do with GN'R and this discussion, though.

And you think rockers represent the whole world, huh?

NOTHING has changed regarding that shit. Old men still abuse women of all ages, but preferably the younger ones. Especially in oppressive societies that do not make headlines of Hollywood tabloids, virgin girls are still a trophy many degenerates go after.

But if you want to talk about Guns N' Roses, do not make me go looking for that picture of 50+ Axl Rose grabbing the butt (and signing it) of an underage Canadian fan girl. A little search on Instagram would quickly throw the results for the pictures I am talking about and most of us have seen.

Um, I was saying it was a different time, giving the example of the old rockers. You didn't know who I meant, so I explained. How can I argue my stance that it was a different time by only mentioning AFD lyrics?

Nowhere have I said that abuse of women or kids doesn't happen anymore.

And signing a butt may be in poor taste, but it's not having sex with a 14 year old.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The other day I cut plastic with a knife that I heated on the stove... very dangerous shit women shouldn't be doing because "we are ezpezial" :facepalm:

And yeah, my plastic container now looks fantastic with its shaped edges :slash:

Grocery shopping, ugh, the most tedious shit in the world!  And there's never a lightbulb around when I need one.  The first thing I do is wander about looking for a lamp or somewhere else I can nick one out of.  And as for fixing things around the house, well I got more bitch in me than you when it comes to that shit, I couldn't fix lego together :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The concept of white privelige doesn't mean that other races can't get on in life, its saying that white people are afforded certain privelige by default over and above others.  

But isn't this idea sort of dependent on WHERE you are talking about in the world? Could it play a role in England or Europe in general? Possibly. But couldn't the opposite also be the case in China or Japan? I really can't see an average American White boy that moves to China surpassing actual Chinese unless he out works/performs them. 

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why do you consider those factors to be the definitive ones over and above others? 

Because they are the two MAIN factors that attribute to fincial success or hardships in life. It's not race. It just so happens that certain races fall victim to these pitfalls more than others. So the solution to these problems fall within the individual on the micro level and the community as a whole on the macro level. Having said that, I don't feel it's a government issue though, all that does is breed complacency (which is what has been happening for the last 50 years or so, and things clearly haven't worked). Nobody else is going to fix your problems, you have to fix them yourself. Which a lot of that starts by making right choices from the BEGINNING. It doesn't matter what school you go to (good or bad), make the best of it, get good grades, don't have a kid as a teen. Get into college, get a degree, then get married and have kids. That is the path to more fincial stability. Doing it out of that order leads to fincial hardships, statistically. 

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Facts tell the story, feelings help in being able to properly interpret the facts, without heart behind your thinking facts and figures can lead us all to some very disturbing conclusions about how the world could be a better place.  And as far as victim mentality, as a male, in a male dominant culture, arguably THE dominant culture in the world today at that, as well as being a member of the dominant race of said culture, do you not think that some of your indignance here could be construed as being indicative of something of a victim mentality? 

I feel you need both. But it should ALWAYS be leaning more towards the factual side, not the feeling side. 

As for the victim mentality part, it goes round and round. The victim becomes the attacker, then the wheel spins around and around. To quote Billy Joel, I didn't start this fire. But at some point we just need to call it a day, the past is the past, let's try to do better tomorrow. I used to feel that the left was better, because they were more caring. But now I see them as being the attackers. Two wrongs don't make a right.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

'Twitteratti' :rofl-lol:

Um, Slash isn't having a good time with these interviews, is he? :lol:

Not sure those lyrics are a product of their time because we still have lots of artists writing that kind of shit and Guns N' Roses still have not demonstrated they matured in that aspect, because we may not have current music to compare to AFD lyrics, but we do have a box set released with a bunch of sexist lithographs and Slash has an Instagram full of that crap too, so..... I guess that's why he will never admit it. It's obvious he doesn't consider it wrong.

I'm sure he doesn't particularly and legacy rock seems to have been strangely insulated from the recent metoo trends. Think we had a discussion thread about this a while back and somewhat came to the conclusion that a lot of stuff going on was so blatant and openly part of the culture it gets left alone. Cynically speaking there is no gain for the media in pointing out that 70s/80s rockstars were procuring groupies, even if underage ones, because everyone is a bit 'well duh!' about it.

Slash is also all about his image and whilst I don't expect him to be the most PC guy in the world I think his SM accounts are carefully curated to reflect this and maintain the brand as wild man of R&R. It's what sells, Slash as SJW would not. :lol: It's worth noting that he isn't running around in real life with girls young enough to be his daughter like some middle aged men so 'all things considered' he could be worse.

• Like 3

But isn't this idea sort of dependent on WHERE you are talking about in the world? Could it play a role in England or Europe in general? Possibly. But couldn't the opposite also be the case in China or Japan? I really can't see an average American White boy that moves to China surpassing actual Chinese unless he out works/performs them. 

Perhaps.

Because they are the two MAIN factors that attribute to fincial success or hardships in life. It's not race. It just so happens that certain races fall victim to these pitfalls more than others. So the solution to these problems fall within the individual on the micro level and the community as a whole on the macro level. Having said that, I don't feel it's a government issue though, all that does is breed complacency (which is what has been happening for the last 50 years or so, and things clearly haven't worked). Nobody else is going to fix your problems, you have to fix them yourself. Which a lot of that starts by making right choices from the BEGINNING. It doesn't matter what school you go to (good or bad), make the best of it, get good grades, don't have a kid as a teen. Get into college, get a degree, then get married and have kids. That is the path to more fincial stability. Doing it out of that order leads to fincial hardships, statistically. 

But why though, how do you reach that conclusion that it is those factors and not any one or some or all of the multitude of others?

As for the victim mentality part, it goes round and round. The victim becomes the attacker, then the wheel spins around and around. To quote Billy Joel, I didn't start this fire. But at some point we just need to call it a day, the past is the past, let's try to do better tomorrow. I used to feel that the left was better, because they were more caring. But now I see them as being the attackers. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think its all bullshit, all pride and vanity.  The fact is whoever you are in our societies (or any society for that matter) you get dealt a certain hand and you gotta work with it.  Now if we were low cast peasants in India or living in a warzone in Burma I'd perhaps look with a little sympathy...but me and you, socially, racially and all that shit-wise (and I'm a minority here and many would disagree with what I'm sayin') we ain't oppressed, we ain't victims, its all just chatter, minor little things that people blow up and pore over.  Nobodys stopping me (or you, though I'm being presumptuous about your situation i figure you're an average guy like me) from doing shit whether that means getting on in life or fuckin'...y'know, getting a job, doing whatever.  Would it be harder for me as a minority?  I don't know, I really don't care to think about it, the only thing that matters to me is can i do it?  And yeah, I can and reasonably easily too.  And its the same thing with you too, sure there's probably some black guys out there that can get away with calling you a honky with less repercussions than if you called them a n!gger (though why would you want to?) but whatever, on the scale of things its piddley shit, it ain't worth nothin'.

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Slash is also all about his image and whilst I don't expect him to be the most PC guy in the world I think his SM accounts are carefully curated to reflect this and maintain the brand as wild man of R&R. It's what sells, Slash as SJW would not. :lol: 

Yet, apparently Slash is an SJW because the threshold is saying that some of Guns lyrics are "sorta sexist." 

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What a whole load of bullshit! :facepalm:

No one is trying to act like men or prove any shit. What we are trying to do is live our own fucking lives depending the least we can from people who have been oppressing us for centuries.

We women just want to live life as any other human beings, because FIRST and FOREMOST we are HUMAN BEINGS and we are not better or worse than men. It all depends on the chances that every person was given throughout their lives: nurture, education, health care, freedom, equal opportunities.

When someone is given the basics to function as a normal person in society, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, that person will be able to advance in life. Obviously, we have some biological differences but the rest is mostly cultural.

Women can have a job, live alone, take care of themselves, do the groceries, change the lightbulbs, fix whatever shit that breaks in the house, etc. etc. I know this because I do it myself and I don't depend on any man for it. I ain't fucking special or anything. I'm a human being with enough intelligence, who quickly found out that I could learn many things that I was supposed not to and thus, do not require the assistance of others for the most basic daily things in life.

Whoa...

I never said ANY of this. I don't know where you got this idea, of course women can change a light bulb, etc. I never said you need a man. 

I honestly don't know where you got any of this from? I said woman were BETTER than men, which I honestly believe. But that's just MY OPINION. The reality is men and women are different but equal. We excel in different ways. It doesn't Mean one is better or worse than the other, just different. Just like dogs and cats, you might prefer one over the other, but there isn't any diffinitve way to decide one is better or worse than the other. 

Having said that, if you want to work on cars, work construction, or do any other tasks that were historically considered more masculine, than more power to you. Nobody is saying you can't or shouldn't do those things or that you can't be good at them. That's honestly why I feel women are actually superior, because they CAN do things that men historically did, but men still can't create life.