'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I was lucky and got my ticket swapped from standing to the balcony but I could see people couldn’t move at all and there was nobody organising anything. 

It was so dangerous. They should be banned from ever having a rock show there again

They had beer stalls at the back also, where the medical office was! It was very dangerous. I buggered off after Ghost. 

There felt like room at the sides, admittedly the view was shite from there. But I agree, it was no place for a proper gig really a very weird choice. I bet it’s never been that full, tribute acts are the only other thing on there. Why they didn’t just do Sheffield academy rather than a sports hall in Doncaster should be explained.

I was at the side and (this is how little room there was) dislodged a fire exit. I got spoken by some rude bitch for (allegedly) stepping on her toes. Awful. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Got s taxi to the spoons haha.

When I left there were people in that foyer area (reeking of chlorine) drinking pints. They had just given up (seeing anything). Some girl vomited also. Just missed my leg.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was at the side and (this is how little room there was) dislodged a fire exit. I got spoken by some rude bitch for (allegedly) stepping on her toes. Awful. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Got s taxi to the spoons haha.

When I left there were people in that foyer area (reeking of chlorine) drinking pints. They had just given up (seeing anything). Some girl vomited also. Just missed my leg.

Sounds Er. Eventful. It takes the piss a little bit at £50 a ticket thought doesn’t it.

7 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Sounds Er. Eventful. It takes the piss a little bit at £50 a ticket thought doesn’t it.

Yes. Well looking at it philosophically it is my first ''bad'' gig experience, from many shows. I suppose everyone will get one if they go to enough of these. I will be complaining and asking for a full refund (it won't work but I may as well).

I went to this - and honestly saw nothing like any kind of overcrowding. I was pretty near the front and there was loads of room- in fact, that was something that struck me, that I had plenty of space around me. I think perhaps everyone poured in the last minute and didn't move forward at all as the entrance was at the back of the room? 

I thought the show was exceptional, and the crowd were good. Not chatty, and engaged with the music. I think playing Nightrain really isn't necessary  personally. One of the reasons this was my first time seeing SMKC is that I wasn't interested in them playing GNR material. When that all got cut out, I became interested. It felt fresh and new, with little to no nods to nostalgia. People seemed like they wanted to hear the new stuff- which (in my view) is exactly what a concert should be. The energy was constant. Only gripe would be the usual selection of camera phones sapping the energy from the crowd, but I've made my peace with that now. If people honestly want to spend £50 to watch something through a camera phone and go home with 100 crappy shots they'll never look at, it really is their loss. 

Really sorry that people felt uncomfortable - it's pretty shitty when you feel like that.  I'm on a real buzz as I enjoyed it so much, so it's sad others don't feel the same. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I went to this - and honestly saw nothing like any kind of overcrowding. I was pretty near the front and there was loads of room- in fact, that was something that struck me, that I had plenty of space around me. I think perhaps everyone poured in the last minute and didn't move forward at all as the entrance was at the back of the room? 

I thought the show was exceptional, and the crowd were good. Not chatty, and engaged with the music. I think playing Nightrain really isn't necessary  personally. One of the reasons this was my first time seeing SMKC is that I wasn't interested in them playing GNR material. When that all got cut out, I became interested. It felt fresh and new, with little to no nods to nostalgia. People seemed like they wanted to hear the new stuff- which (in my view) is exactly what a concert should be. The energy was constant. Only gripe would be the usual selection of camera phones sapping the energy from the crowd, but I've made my peace with that now. If people honestly want to spend £50 to watch something through a camera phone and go home with 100 crappy shots they'll never look at, it really is their loss. 

Really sorry that people felt uncomfortable - it's pretty shitty when you feel like that.  I'm on a real buzz as I enjoyed it so much, so it's sad others don't feel the same. 

This has no reflection on the band of course who looked great for the bit I saw. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This has no reflection on the band of course who looked great for the bit I saw. 

Oh of course. Utterly fantastic in my view. Just a real shame that others had a negative experience, when mine was utterly pleasant. I think that it might have been so pleasant though due to the fact people were packed at the back.......

i was at the front left. about 20 foot away from the speakers when th PA system went down. oops, at least they got it working again.

great gig and Slash was on top form but that overcrowding was some serious shit from what i saw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I made the correct decision leaving. I was in Spoons by 930 - 2 people in - with only a drunk guy making strange drunk sounds over his betting slips for company. To be honest that was more entertaining. Truly horrendous evening.  Just got back as it happens.

i stayed over and only got back this afternoon. 

you should have gone ice skating Diesel, it looked more fun than the pub. 

6 minutes ago, Towlie said:

Just got back from the London show, was pretty fucking great.

It was recorded, with Slash saying the DVD would be out pretty soon, this summer.

"pretty fucking great" is a good description. 

the extended version of wicked stone with solo was the highlight for me last night at doncaster. awesome. 

Just got back from london. 

Hammersmith was epic, the band was on fire. Every single member is a pleasure to watch live and listen. Crowd were great atmosphere was great, music was great  all in all a great gig. Took my eldest son who is into shal we say this generations rap genre, and even he was blown away and said he really enjoyed and wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was.

i thought setlist flowed nice and played a mixture shame there wasnt a few snakepit songs thrown in but overall i cant complain  every song fuckin rocked and one of my highlights is def the extended outro on wicked stone  fuckin awesome  just wait til you see it on dvd  

Regards the dvd, Myles said during the show that they were filming tonights london show for a release later this year. Then he annouced slash who said he had been told it had a summer release. Fingers x eh  i had a few cameraman infront of me in the seating section i was in

one gripe i had was that we had to queue all the way around the block and missed the support act and literally got inside with mins to spare before slash came on. Never ever had that at hammersmith before all seemed abit chaotic personally but we got in, in the end. Picked up one of the 50 signed vinyl copies aswell and a slash litho tour poster. Which is really cool. 

A great night and i would recommend anyone who hasnt seen em yet - do yourself a favour and go and see em you wont be disapointed. 

• Like 3

Just now, rossco said:

every song fuckin rocked and one of my highlights is def the extended outro on wicked stone  fuckin awesome  just wait til you see it on dvd  

Biggest thumbs up i can give. all that guitar stuff in wicked stone blew me away. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donny said:

i stayed over and only got back this afternoon. 

you should have gone ice skating Diesel, it looked more fun than the pub. 

On reflection that was one of the most horrendous nights of my life. I am quite shocked at it all. I think it has put me off rock gigs to be honest haha. 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

On reflection that was one of the most horrendous nights of my life. I am quite shocked at it all. I think it has put me off rock gigs to be honest haha. 

Doncaster Dome don’t even care, they told the local newspaper it wasn’t overcrowded and everything was under control. 

South Yorkshire has a history of covering up this kind of thing.