'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Doncaster Dome don’t even care, they told the local newspaper it wasn’t overcrowded and everything was under control. 

South Yorkshire has a history of covering up this kind of thing. 

Yes, somebody mentioned that on that chat you posted (they are not even answering their phone!) but there are a few different places you can contact. Somebody posted this: ''south Yorkshire police are aware and have advised that complaints over and above refunds are raised with the HSE (health and safety executive) through Doncaster County Counsel''. Couple of different emails are given.

How long ago was Manchester Bombing? Unbelievable!

Anyway I'm just going to try and forget this whole thing ever happened over the weekend then write something next week. Try and blot the whole thing out of my mind.  

• Like 1

That is my first time ever in Doncaster (must have passed the train station a million times but never sampled its charms). Ehh, yes! Tracksuits are rather popular in Doncaster, aren't they? Even the old people were in tracksuits! Midday I passed an old bloke who kept shouting at random people (''what are you looking at? Are you looking at me?''), besides shouting something about ''universal credit''. I did a large detour.  

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

But The Dome has hit back at the accusations and said that the venue was actually under capacity for the music icon.

“We can confirm that the venue was under maximum capacity for the event.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/people-were-fainting-and-being-carried-out-on-stretchers-dome-bosses-deny-overcrowding-at-doncaster-slash-concert-1-9607633

BULLSHIT !

• Like 2

I have complained to the venue, the two promoters and alerted Doncaster Council so I have done my bit. Here are the numbers if anyone needs them - the more the merrier,

Spoiler

Dome: contact@dclt.co.uk

sjm concerts: customerservices@sjmconcerts.com

Doncaster Council: customer.services@doncaster.gov.uk. 

Live Nation via their website. 

We'll see what happens.

There, now I am going to try and forget about the entire thing. Rugby on at the weekend so that should distract me. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Will be in Paris tomorow..................hope it's not gonna be the same !!!!!

You should be fine.  It is in Le Zenith de Paris.  A venue that Slash and Co has played numerous times in Paris without any issues.  It's a big place as well.  6,500 people.

I need to be honest : Slash for me is a god but with this band and this singer specilly it's not at his level. The concert in Paris was great of course but I had to wait one song of GNT and Avalon and the best Anastasia to relly appreciate. Slash need the best to do.....the best. And who is the best ??????? guessssssssss

32 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Lio, cool review! I'm going to Amsterdam tonight, also looking forward to seeing Slash on a small stage again (6k venue).

What time was Slash finished? Still doubting if I should take the car or a train, and that also depends on end time...

It was finished around 10.30. I took the car because I thought it might be later. It's a close call here anyway, with a concert. So I didn't want to risk it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

It was finished around 10.30. I took the car because I thought it might be later. It's a close call here anyway, with a concert. So I didn't want to risk it.

Thanks! Trains are running until around midnight, so I should be good I guess, even if they play an additional song or so.

Edited by LovelessNL

8 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Slightly off topic but this seems like an appropriate thread...

Can anyone point me towards bands that sound like Alter Bridge? I'm a fan of their sound but Myles' voice just kills it for me 

Tremonti. Mark is lead guitarist for Alter Bridge and therefore his solo band sounds similar (but heavier) except with him on vocals. 

https://youtu.be/BYwrSAZzXEc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dangelus said:

his solo band sounds similar (but heavier) except with him on vocals. 

https://youtu.be/BYwrSAZzXEc

Tremonti doesn't sound similar to Alter Bridge dude... not to mention it's way more simple music and definitely not heavier. And that example you posted, lmao xD

Actually there's no band that's similar to AB, most of those you'd like to compare include keyboard/synths/violins which kind of drags them out of pure hard rock/metal genre.

Edited by Ralphelmo

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Thank you, it was great. This was a tiny venue, only 2000 people, I think. When I got there, a lot of people were queuing up already. So we had to wait for doors to open just before 7. I managed to get like 3rd, 4th row to the far right of the stage, so I was happy. Altitudes + Attitude was enjoyable, and they were finished by 8. So it all went without waiting for too long. Not sure when Slash started, but we saw Meeghan take her seat and knew it was about to start :lol:

Slash was so close, what a huge difference with other shows I've seen him in (GNR of course, and once in a venue like 3 or 4 times as big as this one, in 2014). It's a world apart in terms of experience. There is a lot more interaction with the audience, as you're practically on the same level. (Was frontrow at most of my GNR shows.) I was thinking: I'm so close I can see his chewing gum! When he started to sing DOCTOR! in the mic during Dr Alibi, he lost his gum. It stuck in his hair and he had to pull it out :lol: Saw Kemo pick it up afterwards.

There were no surprises, just a great show overall. Saw we got one song less than Paris the night before, we only had Anastacia in the encore.

Slash was amazing, as always. I don't like Myles' voice, but, as last time, I like him on stage. His voice isn't so noticable when you're there in front of the stage and I think he's a great frontman for Slash in this band, because the show is about Slash. Myles is ideal for that. He's modest, but when need be, he can also get the audience going, like a frontman should, of course. When Todd did his two songs, it was really funny to notice the difference. He's a lot more out there than Myles and he said something like: I know Myles has been far too nice for you, but those guys sitting: I want you to all get up and jump :lol:

Todd and Myles both signed someones cd while on stage. Really cool too. You can't have that in a stadium, of course.

Made me think I wished Axl would do a little side project, not with a big name like Angus. Then I could go watch him in a tiny venue too.

Every time one of the big three comes along here for a show, I'll go for sure.

great review!! And very funny as you to go into details :D

• Like 1

On 21/02/2019 at 4:34 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, somebody mentioned that on that chat you posted (they are not even answering their phone!) but there are a few different places you can contact. Somebody posted this: ''south Yorkshire police are aware and have advised that complaints over and above refunds are raised with the HSE (health and safety executive) through Doncaster County Counsel''. Couple of different emails are given.

How long ago was Manchester Bombing? Unbelievable!

Anyway I'm just going to try and forget this whole thing ever happened over the weekend then write something next week. Try and blot the whole thing out of my mind.  

I have heard quite a few people complaining about Doncaster Dome. I must say I found it fine. I was centre right about 10 rows back and had plenty of room. I even got out really quickly. It sounds like a lot of people were hanging at the back. 

It was a strange venue but quite refreshing to go to a gig that wasn't a chain or owned by Ticketmaster. They could certainly do with more staff though. I'm glad I got in early. 

7 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I have heard quite a few people complaining about Doncaster Dome. I must say I found it fine. I was centre right about 10 rows back and had plenty of room. I even got out really quickly. It sounds like a lot of people were hanging at the back. 

It was a strange venue but quite refreshing to go to a gig that wasn't a chain or owned by Ticketmaster. They could certainly do with more staff though. I'm glad I got in early. 

The best way I can describe it is there was a huge clog up of people down that entire back wall (where they stupidly had a bar also). Just people jam-packed together in this immense crush covering the entire back wall and to a certain extent up the sides. 

I'm glad I got out early also: after four songs (after ''Ghosts'')! Probably one of the most horrendous experiences I have ever had in my life I have to say. Never had an experience like that before. 

PS

But of course I missed the worst of it as I was gone after four songs. Apparently, reading reports online, at some point they locked the door because of a medical emergency, and it took 40mins to retrieve a girl who had passed out (don't know if that was the same person). I was long gone when all this happened. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The best way I can describe it is there was a huge clog up of people down that entire back wall (where they stupidly had a bar also). Just people jam-packed together in this immense crush covering the entire back wall and to a certain extent up the sides. 

I'm glad I got out early also: after four songs (after ''Ghosts'')! Probably one of the most horrendous experiences I have ever had in my life I have to say. Never had an experience like that before. 

PS

But of course I missed the worst of it as I was gone after four songs. Apparently, reading reports online, at some point they locked the door because of a medical emergency, and it took 40mins to retrieve a girl who had passed out. I was long gone when this happened.

Really that's a bummer. It was hot in there. 

I can honestly say it was a great experience for me. Me and the mate I went with were surprised at what we heard after the show. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

PS

But of course I missed the worst of it as I was gone after four songs. Apparently, reading reports online, at some point they locked the door because of a medical emergency, and it took 40mins to retrieve a girl who had passed out (don't know if that was the same person). I was long gone when all this happened. 

Why did people stay at the back? For the bar? Or because they thought it would be worse up front?

I'm sorry you had such a horrific experience. Seems it wasn't organized at all.

Just now, Lio said:

Why did people stay at the back? For the bar? Or because they thought it would be worse up front?

I'm sorry you had such a horrific experience. Seems it wasn't organized at all.

The bar didn't help because you had people trying to queue there, and people entering the hall and sort of coming up against that, and then there were people formed up at the back ''trying'' to watch the show. So you had an avalanche of people approaching from about 3-4 directions, all jamming up together. It was truly horrendous. People didn't know where they were going as once you have entered that you just sort of follow it along trying to find a space, but then there isn't a space... 

Evidently overbooked. The venue are bullshitting about this, but when people are standing in the exits and foyers because they couldn't get in, it seems evident to me. Apparently at some point after I had left the staff realised what a hazardous situation it was and stopped people (re)entering the main hall. A lot of people came out for a breather, because of the heat, and they wouldn't let them back into the main hall!!

But I was long gone by this stage. Even when I left the foyer/exit areas already had about twenty-thirty people who weren't ''chancing their fate'' in entering the hall.