'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The bar didn't help because you had people trying to queue there, and people entering the hall and sort of coming up against that, and then there were people formed up at the back ''trying'' to watch the show. So you had an avalanche of people approaching from about 3-4 directions, all jamming up together. It was truly horrendous. People didn't know where they were going as once you have entered that you just sort of follow it along trying to find a space, but then there isn't a space... 

Evidently overbooked. The venue are bullshitting about this, but when people are standing in the exits and foyers because they couldn't get in, it seems evident to me. Apparently at some point after I had left the staff realised what a hazardous situation it was and stopped people (re)entering the main hall. A lot of people came out for a breather, because of the heat, and they wouldn't let them back into the main hall!!

But I was long gone by this stage. Even when I left the foyer/exit areas already had about twenty-thirty people who weren't ''chancing their fate'' in entering the hall. 

Yeah, that sucks. Would be a better idea to have the bar somewhere outside the hall. So stupid to have it inside really. I would be seriously pissed if I look forward to something like that and it gets ruined by unprofessional moron.

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, that sucks. Would be a better idea to have the bar somewhere outside the hall. So stupid to have it inside really. I would be seriously pissed if I look forward to something like that and it gets ruined by unprofessional moron.

Well it buggered-up my week.

I suppose I could have stayed in the foyer area and sort of waited on events but I am like that: If something is shite I say to myself, ''bugger this'' and abscond. Earlier some mouthy cow started shouted at me because I (allegedly) stepped on her toes. I then stood rammed against the back of a wall for the first four songs but my heart wasn't into it because of the situation. And then when I made it back into the foyer area where they sell the merchandise some girl vomited chunks all over, not missing me by much. It was like The Exorcist! 

My original intention was to make it out of there, rebook my taxi that I had for 1130 to come for about 1000 and hang around for a hour of the show (maybe watching from the exit like some were doing), but by that stage I was so utterly fed up (understand I had just waded through that mass of people) that I rebooked my taxi ''immediately''. 

I read that somebody left before Slash even appeared! 

I bumped into a girl I talked to briefly at the show; she (quite a coincidence this) was the barmaid of the pub near the train station. Her first words to me were, ''well we survived'' haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Do any of you know how many of the signed records have been available at each show?

20 I think- but could be more. They're at ramped up prices sadly. I didn't see one person buy one, or carrying one at the end, so probably not too hard to get one- and perhaps there's more as the tour goes on if they're not selling. 

32 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Do any of you know how many of the signed records have been available at each show?

I looked for them, but didn't see any. All I saw was signed albums from Altitudes + Attitudes and the regular unsigned SMKC album :shrugs:I didn't ask though.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sorry to keep harping on about this but there is a group dedicated to that Doncaster debacle. Even if you had a great time but saw evidence of mass overcrowding, I believe your opinion will be useful to those squeezed/locked out, 

https://www.facebook.com/slashgig.doncaster.7

request sent :) 

attended Zurich this week. good show, fabulous band. unfortunately not loud enough due to the noise regulations of Switzerland.

it's great how the band interacts with the audience and enjoys being on stage. most surspring was how well the LTD songs work live. I would have loved to have some  more AL stuff and 1 or 2 snakepit songs in the set. I'd even say they could drop nightrain from the set for that