'Living The Dream' World Tour 2018/2019

Ralphelmo

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

Not sure where you were at, but I was towards the back next to a bunch of casuals who didn't seem to be interested lol. A bunch of people around me left during the Rocket Queen solo (i thought it was excruciatingly long) . Guy next to me was complaining that he didn't know a single song. It's probably normal for most concerts but I guess I was just stuck in a bad area. 

I was more towards the middle and people didn’t start leaving my area until the end. Idk, maybe I misread the vibe. I tend to get lost in the concert. I did notice that it didn’t sell very well, but I thought for the most part the crowd that was there was into it :shrugs:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, History2010 said:

Honestly, they should have seen GNR since that's all they seemed to want to hear from Slash

I think that's the thing. Before the GNR reunion, most people just came to see Slash to hear him do the GNR songs. Now those people have all seen him in GNR. So this tour is aimed at the diehard Slash fans really.

Not sure how well it's selling? Maybe England sold out fast because GNR haven't done many gigs there considering the market. (Maybe many people there will be disappointed at the lack of GNR songs too, not having had the chance to hear them in the past years.) But they've been to many European countries more than once now, so those who just wanted the chance to see Slash, have had their chance. Now the audience will be mostly people who will go and see him every time they get the chance, I think.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, History2010 said:

Oh yeah I was super concerned about the entire back section being empty. Maybe they didn't advertise enough?  

I live in the DFW area and always see billboards for the shows at Winstar (John Fogerty is up right now for example) and I never saw one for this show. Also I don’t think they should’ve played that big of a venue. I saw them at Southside Ballroom in Dallas last tour and it was perfect. A nice little club-like venue, and it was packed and rowdy! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

I live in the DFW area and always see billboards for the shows at Winstar (John Fogerty is up right now for example) and I never saw one for this show. Also I don’t think they should’ve played that big of a venue. I saw them at Southside Ballroom in Dallas last tour and it was perfect. A nice little club-like venue, and it was packed and rowdy! 

Ah wow. Thank you for the insight. I was talking with some guys on the shuttle back and they were saying that they didn't hear about the show until day of, which is insanely bad promotion. I drove all the way from Kansas City (8 hours!) to see the show because it was the closest show I could get into haha.

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 2:19 AM, Lio said:

I think that's the thing. Before the GNR reunion, most people just came to see Slash to hear him do the GNR songs. Now those people have all seen him in GNR. So this tour is aimed at the diehard Slash fans really.

Not sure how well it's selling? Maybe England sold out fast because GNR haven't done many gigs there considering the market. (Maybe many people there will be disappointed at the lack of GNR songs too, not having had the chance to hear them in the past years.) But they've been to many European countries more than once now, so those who just wanted the chance to see Slash, have had their chance. Now the audience will be mostly people who will go and see him every time they get the chance, I think.

I consider myself a die hard Slash fan. I never miss a show. Saw him with GnR 6 times, VR 8 or 9 times, 5 or 6 times with Myles, Snakepit 3 times and even with Camp Freddy. That said I just put my tix for this tour up for sale on ticketmaster's site.  The overall body of work from SMKC just isn't good enough to carry a show for me.  I loved seeing Slash play all songs from his whole career.. Aside from Anastasia and a couple other SMKC songs, The VR and Guns songs were the highlights for me.  SMKC have some other good songs to compliment that stuff but not good enough to carry a whole show. Especially since I find Living the Dream to be the weakest thing Slash has ever released. 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Now the audience will be mostly people who will go and see him every time they get the chance, I think.

True, I don't care if it's with GNR, VR, Snakepit or Solo. The guy's a legend by now. 

On that subject, we need some Canadian dates.

Edited by moreblack

14 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Avalon
Halo
Standing In The Sun
Ghost
Back From Cali
You're A lie
My Antidote
Fall To Pieces
Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Wicked Stone
Mind Your Manners
Driving Rain
We're All Gonna Die (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Starlight
Nightrain
World On Fire

Call of The Wild 
Anastasia

Love the addition of FTP & Nightrain