Meaning of the title Double Talkin' Jive

I presume Izzy wrote that song when he was still massively high, but an interesting point of conversation is that once he got some sobriety under his feet, he buried himself in the legal end of GN'R's business. He wanted to know why if the band was the biggest act in the world, where the money is and why he wasn't massively rich. He began a campaign to pour into the records and try and make heads and tails of it and apparently, it was all very nebulous and confusing. So much so that he would be on the phone with someone, screaming "where's the money, motherfucker!"

To me, Double Talkin' Jive was representative of this point of time in Izzy's tenure, especially the line about getting the money and having no patience.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Basically it means two faced bullshit

This or "nonsense gibberish BS excuses"

It's hard to tell if the song is about Izzy sober out of place in the band and wanting his money for the success of AFD  ("don't know why i'm here") or if it's about a drug dealer getting excuses from people that owe him money.  Either way i'm not sure Axl knew the meaning because the "dedications" that he used to do don't really make much sense in the context of the song.

3 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I presume Izzy wrote that song when he was still massively high, but an interesting point of conversation is that once he got some sobriety under his feet, he buried himself in the legal end of GN'R's business. He wanted to know why if the band was the biggest act in the world, where the money is and why he wasn't massively rich. He began a campaign to pour into the records and try and make heads and tails of it and apparently, it was all very nebulous and confusing. So much so that he would be on the phone with someone, screaming "where's the money, motherfucker!"

To me, Double Talkin' Jive was representative of this point of time in Izzy's tenure, especially the line about getting the money and having no patience.

This, or it's from his time dealing. 

Double talkin jive is like lying\two faced bullshit.