Slash - Sirius XM Show tonight at the Whisky 11/9/2018

kevinb

39 minutes ago, Towlie said:

None of them have been played so far - it's nearly all SMKC.

Setlist can be found here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2018/whisky-a-go-go-west-hollywood-ca-3e9a55f.html

Great setlist so far.

I wonder if they might perform an Alter Bridge song from time to time. They did that on previous tours. Or perhaps one of Myles solo tunes?

3 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It's the biggest GNR song and the biggest song Slash was ever a part of. I think it should be there. It certainly deserves a spot more than Rocket Queen.

True, but i dont think his career should be defined by that song.  I think november rain is bigger than sweet child and defines him more in terms of his solo in that song.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, History2010 said:

IMO Sweet Child should be played at every Slash show.

GNR are my favourite band by a mile but I'd be quite happy if I never heard that song again. 

I reckon they should drop Rocket Queen off the setlist too. Leave GNR to GNR. 

Not a massive fan of the 10 minute guitar solo in the middle of Rocket Queen either.

Beta at a Slash show without Axl, what a time to be alive. The clip of the new song in that Meegan video sounds pretty cool. Bold to only play 1 GNR song, reckon it will bump up to 2 or 3 during the tour but with GNR now touring he doesn't need to play any more than that. Hope Wicked Stone stays as a setlist staple as that song is a beast live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinb said:

Amazing show!  I was front row, directly in front of Slash.  Shook his hand, loved every minute, very small venue.  Will try to figure out how to post photos... they gave everyone a free T-shirt with the date of the show and venue printed.  There were no extras.  I heard about 130 people came as Sirius guests and the rest were VIP guests.  Whisky club was not packed on the floor, seemed not full.  Not nearly as packed as a typical show.  Club holds 500 but I guess 300 or so people were at the show, maybe 350.  I got a drumstick and my buddy got Slash's guitar pick and the setlist sheet.  Audience was low key, very few hardcore fans other than me and my friend it seemed .    Miles and Slash noticed how excited we were and Slash literally came over to me and shredded on guitar most of the show right in front of me.  Slash was so close he almost smacked me with the head of the guitar and he nearly stepped on my hand which was on the guitar monitor in front of him. Super intimate show.  Unfortunately,  many fans showed up outside and were not allowed in as you had to be on a guest list.  Slash left about an hour after the show ended and waved but rushed to the waiting car and did not sign autographs.  Bodyguard and security all around him.    I heard he signed some autographs when he arrived earlier in the day.   I saw Beta up on the balcony but no other familiar faces.   Amazing show in all ways. Hope this was informative.  Gotta sleep now, guys...  Kevin B.

Lol, you’re such a big fan that you can’t spell Myles properly... lol

Thanks for the write up. How were the new songs? Better than Mind Your Manners and Driving Rain?

Edited by metallex78

Great move to now cut down the GNR songs and leave that to where it belongs. Having said that, agree with forum members that its surprising that SCOM or PC weren't played.

In regards to Rocket Queen, the last headline slash solo gig I saw he did like a 15-20 minute Rocket Queen solo which actually bored me to tears so personally would rather not have to stand through that again. 

Having said that, he's putting together a pretty decent catalogue of Slash solo/SMKC material which is starting to stand on its own two-feet. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

True, but i dont think his career should be defined by that song.  I think november rain is bigger than sweet child and defines him more in terms of his solo in that song.

SCOM was GNR's only #1 hit. November Rain peaked at #3. November Rain may have more YouTube views or it may be bigger by other metrics but I'd say in terms of the general public, SCOM is the bigger song.

• Like 1

Just saw the set list....SLASH has NAILED it. Mix it up after playing the same set for 2+ yrs he doesnt need the gnr songs. Folks going to SMKC want to hear their stuff and maybe some other VR songs. 

Sucker train blues on the SL 😍😍😍😍 this is great hope they add 'Do it for the Kids' and or DLT'. 

Have to go to UK to see then but ill be there :slash:

• Like 2