Slash - Sirius XM Show tonight at the Whisky 11/9/2018

kevinb

3 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I've heard from some people that SMKC's management is kinda tough to work with nowadays (never been the issue before). Any chance that TB is handling Conspirators' tour now? o_O

God, I fucking hope not!

Edited by Tourettes2400

24 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I've heard from some people that SMKC's management is kinda tough to work with nowadays (never been the issue before). Any chance that TB is handling Conspirators' tour now? o_O

Zero percent chance Slash would let such hacks manage him. He has his own manager thst deals with his side of GNR too

55 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really doubt that TB have taken over managing SMKC. I’m sure Fernando would’ve bragged about that by now :lol:

I think it is more probable that Slash just invited them to the show as his guests. 

55 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I really doubt that TB have taken over managing SMKC. I’m sure Fernando would’ve bragged about that by now :lol:

I think it is more probable that Slash just invited them to the show as his guests. 

I guess that Vanessa was too,because on the pic of Instagram with Beta,Slash and Meeghan ,appear Vanessa husband Santista too.

52 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Zero percent chance Slash would let such hacks manage him. He has his own manager thst deals with his side of GNR too

Agreed! Slash and Duff have definitely learned to have their own management companies representing their own percentages of GN'R. Although I don't love TB, I am glad to see that Slash is cool enough with TB that Beta was at the show. I think that shows they are at least somewhat cordial with each other. The better all the camps get along, the better for everyone involved, fans included.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 2

Love that he is playing Rocket Queen.. This lineup nails it and I don't care if it 2 hours long.. It is Slash's solo spot and I love every second of it. My favorite part of the show.. Also love that he played Anastasia with the Les Paul again. It sounds so much better that way and that outro was cool.. I do wish he played a couple more Gn'R songs and some VR as well.  I like a lot of his solo stuff but dunno if it is strong enough to carry an entire set. Just my personal taste

These are the only songs that really excite me out of that whole setlist

Standing in the Sun
Back from Cali
Wicked Stone
Bent to Fly
Beneath the Savage Sun
Rocket Queen
Starlight
Anastasia

I have seen Slash with Guns 6x.. VR 7 or 8 times... Snakepit 3x.. SMKC probably 6 or 7 times..  I have tix to the Boston show but not 100% I am going to go. Have to see what the other new songs sound like.. The first two weren't overly exciting due to the Myles effect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Lol, you’re such a big fan that you can’t spell Myles properly... lol

Thanks for the write up. How were the new songs? Better than Mind Your Manners and Driving Rain?

Yeah, I was tired but wanted to share a review of the show.  Excuse the typ-o...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

https://youtu.be/dKoS4mKBS-s?t=6m

This short footage shows how important drummer's groove feeling is in that song. I think Brent plays it almost as good as Steven did, Matt and Frank are not even close to that quality. Todd's bass on top of that is great too, Duff could be totally satisfied hearing that.

you're speaking my language, baby. brent's feel is great

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Love that he is playing Rocket Queen.. This lineup nails it and I don't care if it 2 hours long.. It is Slash's solo spot and I love every second of it. My favorite part of the show.. Also love that he played Anastasia with the Les Paul again. It sounds so much better that way and that outro was cool.. I do wish he played a couple more Gn'R songs and some VR as well.  I like a lot of his solo stuff but dunno if it is strong enough to carry an entire set. Just my personal taste

These are the only songs that really excite me out of that whole setlist

Standing in the Sun
Back from Cali
Wicked Stone
Bent to Fly
Beneath the Savage Sun
Rocket Queen
Starlight
Anastasia

I have seen Slash with Guns 6x.. VR 7 or 8 times... Snakepit 3x.. SMKC probably 6 or 7 times..  I have tix to the Boston show but not 100% I am going to go. Have to see what the other new songs sound like.. The first two weren't overly exciting due to the Myles effect.

WHY so much hate towards Myles- if u dont like him dont go , I love the new songs 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

A little dramatic are we? I don't know how you get "so much hate" out of my post.  I don't hate Myles. I just think he keeps some potentially great songs from being great.. And makes some really good songs mediocre. Good for you if you love the new songs. I might go and I might not.. If I go, it is to see Slash not Myles anyway.

Just ignore that dude lol

Anyways, the 2 new songs are better than Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners, but they still aren't blowing me away. I also agree With the setlist and meh with it. I am a Myles fan and I dig Slash's solo career, but the song selection is just disappointing to me but that is just personal taste. Id have preferred stuff like The Unholy, Battleground, Automatic Overdrive, Crazy Life, Whithered Delilah, etc that he didnt play much of last tour.

Either way, great to see the band back

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3