Goodbye To Free Speech in Europe...Europe Just Voted to Wreck the Internet

Ace Nova

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She allowed working classes to buy council houses.

Making council houses sellable does not necessarily benefit the working classes, at least not the broader working class, it just means they can be snapped up by investors, which helps gentrification and you end up with less council houses about for people who need it to go to.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you want to visit Britain in the late '70s - 1980s, all you have to do is visit Birmingham today.

Why would I want to do that? :question:
Only if you invite me and pay my expenses

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You’re welcome to make a point about internet freedom of  speech in Europe dearie.

I don't have a point because I don't live in Europe? :smiley-confused2:

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What for?

Post it. I'm eager to see it.

I will when I get it rigged up.

Just to add some context, because you might be missing my humour here, but Birmingham is this sort of bleak post-industrial (i.e. post-Thatcherite) city full of drug addicts, religious fanatics and atrociously ugly modern architecture. I hadn't been before and have been trying to perfect the accent as it happens since I came back. ''Oiright bab''. ''I called the woife''. ''Buzz'' (for bus). My favourite word to say in a Birmingham accent is microwave: ''moicrowave''; ''moicrowhaeve'' - when I tell you it is the accent of Ozzy Osbourne you may get the general idea? 

Nee place for a simple Northumbrian lad, a place like that.

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I will when I get it rigged up.

Just to add some context, because you might be missing my humour here, but Birmingham is this sort of bleak post-industrial (i.e. post-Thatcherite) city full of drug addicts, religious fanatics and atrociously ugly modern architecture. I hadn't been before and have been trying to perfect the accent as it happens since I came back. ''Oiright bab''. ''I called the woife''. ''Buzz'' (for bus). My favourite word to say in a Birmingham accent is microwave: ''moicrowave''; ''moicrowhaeve'' - when I tell you it is the accent of Ozzy Osbourne you may get the general idea? 

Nee place for a simple Northumbrian lad, a place like that.

:ph34r: Um.

1) In general, I hardly ever understand the British accent :smiley-confused2: because..... I'm not familiar with it as much as I am with the U.S. accent and because I'm a lazy ass to train my ears, so I guess I'd have a hard time with words anywhere I go in the UK :lol:

2) You are a Sir and you feel disgusted and uncomfortable with uglyness, but I live in Southamerica so I'm used to drug addicts, religious fanatics and ugly modern architecture (not sure if atrocious, though) :lol:...... Have you been to a bus station in the deep Brazil? :ph34r:........... so....... show me your picture, pliz, I will not faint!

3) Why did you go there anyway? if it's so unpleasant? Do you dig adventure tourism? :P

Just now, killuridols said:

:ph34r: Um.

1) In general, I hardly ever understand the British accent :smiley-confused2: because..... I'm not familiar with it as much as I am with the U.S. accent and because I'm a lazy ass to train my ears, so I guess I'd have a hard time with words anywhere I go in the UK :lol:

2) You are a Sir and you feel disgusted and uncomfortable with uglyness, but I live in Southamerica so I'm used to drug addicts, religious fanatics and ugly modern architecture (not sure if atrocious, though) :lol:...... Have you been to a bus station in the deep Brazil? :ph34r:........... so....... show me your picture, pliz, I will not faint!

3) Why did you go there anyway? if it's so unpleasant? Do you dig adventure tourism? :P

Surely you've known me long enough to guess that? Clue, it is a sport that is played in Guiana (formally British Guiana)?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surely you've known me long enough to guess that? Clue, it is a sport that is played in Guiana (formally British Guiana)?

Oh, the cricket thing? :lol:

But... is it like... do you play professionally or something? or did you go to support a team? I don't even know how that sport is played! :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh, the cricket thing? :lol:

But... is it like... do you play professionally or something? or did you go to support a team? I don't even know how that sport is played! :facepalm:

Support a team (I haven't played much since high school). It was actually quite popular in Argentina. All the British toffs formed cricket (and polo) clubs, some of which morphed into (extent) Argentine football clubs.

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

NOOOO!!! not cricket...please giphy.gif

Do you want me to lie? Okay. ''I was in Brummieland to sample their five michelin star restaurants'' (that is true, they have more michelin stars than any city here outside London).

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:
9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Do you want me to lie? Okay. ''I was in Brummieland to sample their five michelin star restaurants'' (that is true, they have more michelin stars than any city here outside London).

just didn't want the cricket talk :lol:

Did you go to any of the restaurants ??

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Support a team (I haven't played much since high school). It was actually quite popular in Argentina. All the British toffs formed cricket (and polo) clubs, some of which morphed into (extent) Argentine football clubs.

*phew* ok! :smiley-confused2:

So you travel to ugly places just to support a cricket team, hahaha, you're like the Boca and River fans, they are capable of going to the moon to support those shites! :lol:

Yeah, I think I've heard something about those cricket times here but yeah, only the uptight assholes liked it and polo is "popular" among the rich, high society and landowners. Every time I see their asses in magazines I have to roll my eyes, lol..... so empty they are.

Anyway..... I'm still waiting for your terrible picture (which Im sure it is not!)

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

*phew* ok! :smiley-confused2:

So you travel to ugly places just to support a cricket team, hahaha, you're like the Boca and River fans, they are capable of going to the moon to support those shites! :lol:

Yeah, I think I've heard something about those cricket times here but yeah, only the uptight assholes liked it and polo is "popular" among the rich, high society and landowners. Every time I see their asses in magazines I have to roll my eyes, lol..... so empty they are.

Anyway..... I'm still waiting for your terrible picture (which Im sure it is not!)

I'll sort out the picture from my hotel window tomorrow. I am glad you are keen to see it. It is as they say, a ''classic Birmingham view''. The funny thing is in the corner (not seen by the camera) a police van was arresting some people. Understand I had just arrived in the place!!