Goodbye To Free Speech in Europe...Europe Just Voted to Wreck the Internet

Ace Nova

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll sort out the picture from my hotel window tomorrow. I am glad you are keen to see it. It is as they say, a ''classic Birmingham view''. The funny thing is in the corner (not seen by the camera) a police van was arresting some people. Understand I had just arrived in the place!!

I'm keen to see it because I know you are HYPERBOLIZING all of this and just trying to be dramatic, like the exquisite Sir that you are, but I want to bet my ass it will not be as bad as you say it is because..... there's no fucking way there are worse places than here, lol....... maybe there are but not even cricket would take you there! :P

Just now, killuridols said:

I'm keen to see it because I know you are HYPERBOLIZING all of this and just trying to be dramatic, like the exquisite Sir that you are, but I want to bet my ass it will not be as bad as you say it is because..... there's no fucking way there are worse places than here, lol....... maybe there are but not even cricket would take you there! :P

When you come out of Birmingham New Street train station - as millions do every day - there are loads of heroin addicts around. There was a guy passed out on the New Street which is the main high street, where one finds your Marks and Sparks, Starbucks etc. Then around the corner is evening prayers, blasted out on a ghetto blaster by a chap in Shalwar Kameez trying to convert passers by to Allah. There was also a guy who was doing a rap about Jesus. 

It is that sort of place.

As I said, nee place for a Northumbrian.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When you come out of Birmingham New Street train station - as millions do every day - there are loads of heroin addicts around. There was a guy passed out on the New Street which is the main high street, where one finds your Marks and Sparks, Starbucks etc. Then around the corner is evening prayers, blasted out on a ghetto blaster by a chap in Shalwar Kameez trying to convert passers by to Allah. There was also a guy who was doing a rap about Jesus. 

It is that sort of place.

As I said, nee place for a Northumbrian.

Nothing you will not find in L.A. or Buenos Aires.... :shrugs:

I see that kind of stuff every time I go downtown. Sometimes it feels like a reality check but I'm not scared or scandalized by it.... it is the same jungle described in the GN'R song..... why do you single it out?
You're not used to it? Do you live in a palace or something? :lol:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I see that kind of stuff every time I go downtown. Sometimes it feels like a reality check but I'm not scared or scandalized by it.... it is the same jungle described in the GN'R song..... why do you single it out?

Doesn't Buenos Aires have its redeeming features, its touristy street tango, its,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO141kdSYhGbeRCQ4sdLi

Well Brummieland does have Cadbury World I suppose? 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Doesn't Buenos Aires have its redeeming features, its touristy street tango, its,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO141kdSYhGbeRCQ4sdLi

Well Brummieland does have Cadbury World I suppose? 

Buenos Aires has all the good and the bad you can hope for, just like the rest of Argentina. Some places are meant for tourists and that's all they will see if they choose to remain shielded like that (which is the best they could do, in my opinion) but people living in the actual cities face a much different reality than tourists ever get to taste, unless you are one of those adventurous people who embark in a different type of tourism.

I think without the UK in the EU, it’s pretty much a disaster. We are their military. 

So let’s assume the EU descends into chaos. I mean which country isn’t a disaster? 

When the hits the fan and people need to talk all these rules will be in place to block it. 

Whatever they are expecting, it must be pretty bad. 

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

You'd be overstating the danger of Birmingham if you were to compare it to L.A. or Buenos Aires, I haven't been to either but they're like...y'know, kinda well regarded metropolises...Birmingham is just a shithole.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You'd be overstating the danger of Birmingham if you were to compare it to L.A. or Buenos Aires, I haven't been to either but they're like...y'know, kinda well regarded metropolises...Birmingham is just a shithole.

I dont know about that. I think we are kinda mixing up subjects here.... Diesel mentioned things that are related to criminality but now you say it's a shithole, and I'm not sure what you mean, but you seem to be adding other variables here... like culture, history, economy?

What I meant to say is that metropolis like L.A. and B.A. also have their dark side tourists oftenly do not get to see, either by choice or because who sold them the tourist pack will never take them around those places.

I really dont know anything about Birmingham but when it comes to criminality rates we would have to check statistics, I think. Latinamerica is still (unfortunately) ranking among the most dangerous places in the world and maybe Buenos Aires (or Argentina as a whole) are not so high in the rank, but could you say that Birmingham is worse than Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo?

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know about that. I think we are kinda mixing up subjects here.... Diesel mentioned things that are related to criminality but now you say it's a shithole, and I'm not sure what you mean, but you seem to be adding other variables here... like culture, history, economy?

What I meant to say is that metropolis like L.A. and B.A. also have their dark side tourists oftenly do not get to see, either by choice or because who sold them the tourist pack will never take them around those places.

I really dont know anything about Birmingham but when it comes to criminality rates we would have to check statistics, I think. Latinamerica is still (unfortunately) ranking among the most dangerous places in the world and maybe Buenos Aires (or Argentina as a whole) are not so high in the rank, but could you say that Birmingham is worse than Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo?

Yeah, I was kinda going off on a tangent and insulting the proud city of Birmingham :lol:

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I was kinda going off on a tangent and insulting the proud city of Birmingham :lol:

Not happy to burst your bubble but your beloved Birmingham ranks nowhere in this sad list:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2018/07/17/most-dangerous-cities/789957002/

Even the U.S.A. has cities more dangerous than those in Latam. :wacko:

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not happy to burst your bubble but your beloved Birmingham ranks nowhere in this sad list:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2018/07/17/most-dangerous-cities/789957002/

Even the U.S.A. has cities more dangerous than those in Latam. :wacko:

You'd be overstating the danger of Birmingham if you were to compare it to L.A. or Buenos Aires

;)

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sure Buenos Aires is somewhere in the list of Top 100, much higher than Birmingham :P

I dunno if I wasn't being clear but I wasn trying to explain that Birmingham is just some middle england shithole, its neither particularly dangerous or interesting or...particularly anything :lol:  With Dies' posts what you've got to understand is that he comes from the sticks, to him anywhere with cars on the road is dangerous :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Just to put this in context,

I live near Newcastle so have visited it a million times

I have visited London 

I have visited Edinburgh

I have visited Leeds

I have visited York

I have visited Sheffield

I have visited lesser cities like Sunderland.

(I haven't visited Manchester, sans the airport, but only because I fear being bummed up the arse and dumped in a canal. In fact that is the only major city I haven't visited.)

Birmingham is by far the ugliest place I have ever visited in the United Kingdom.

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He'd rather die :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno if I wasn't being clear but I wasn trying to explain that Birmingham is just some middle england shithole, its neither particularly dangerous or interesting or...particularly anything :lol:  With Dies' posts what you've got to understand is that he comes from the sticks, to him anywhere with cars on the road is dangerous :lol:

Ok. LOL. Though he talked of it as if he lived with the royals. Like the man never puts foot in the street with the rest of the mortals :lol:

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just to put this in context,

I live near Newcastle so have visited it a million times

I have visited London 

I have visited Edinburgh

I have visited Leeds

I have visited York

I have visited Sheffield

I have visited lesser cities like Sunderland.

(I haven't visited Manchester, sans the airport, but only because I fear being bummed up the arse and dumped in a canal. In fact that is the only major city I haven't visited.)

Birmingham is by far the ugliest place I have ever visited in the United Kingdom.

Show the picture or it never happened!