Izzy really shined on the Use Your Illusion albums

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

Damn Izzy got some tunes.

Bad Apples is one I always liked that a lot of people don’t.

Its kind of surprising Perfect Crime is an Izzy song for some reason.

14 Years is a perfect Guns song.

I think Slash did come in an own Perfect Crime but it’s an Izzy song.  Not sure who wrote the lyrics. Axl called it an Izzy song. 

Bad Apples Izzy is listed along with the AFD line up. I’m not sure. It has an Izzy feel, not sure who wrote the lyrics and think Slash does talk about working on it in his book? 

14 Years definitely with Axl also adding lyrics. 

Bad Apples is a real mystery to me. 

Edited by wasted

On 14/09/2018 at 9:20 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Not talked about enough.. Izzy's dirty rhythm and backup vocals are huge in this song.. I wish all the rockers on UYI sounded as good as this.. Some come across a little thin on the guitars.

I think he wrote the riffs, I think he played that opening riff live, I sort of remember Izzy centre stage at Rock in Rio 91/2 playing those riffs, with Axl sort of encouraging him to take the spotlight. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:46 AM, wasted said:

I think he wrote the riffs, I think he played that opening riff live, I sort of remember Izzy centre stage at Rock in Rio 91/2 playing those riffs, with Axl sort of encouraging him to take the spotlight. 

I watched the RIR '91 video and I didn't see anything like this.  It went from Matt's drum solo into the intro of YCBM.

Interesting that Axl skipped the "While you're breakin' down my back... haven't grown up yet" section.  He ran off stage (crashing into people) after "another reason to cry."

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I watched the RIR '91 video and I didn't see anything like this.  It went from Matt's drum solo into the intro of YCBM.

Interesting that Axl skipped the "While you're breakin' down my back... haven't grown up yet" section.  He ran off stage (crashing into people) after "another reason to cry."

I might have the wrong show. Izzy was doing windmills and playing the opening cords. That’s the problem with youtube vids you watch a lot of them in a row. I was also watching a show that opened with Pretty tied up. 

Edited by wasted

On 14/09/2018 at 1:12 PM, Len Cnut said:

It'd be interesting to know who drummed on that, if feels like its Matt because the song lacks the sort of swing that tunes like that need.  Feels like a song that would've sounded brilliant stripped down and on the second side of Lies.

Always felt Adler would add that extra bit to that song to take it up a notch, think it would sound more similar but to brownstone and therefore sound better. As much as I love Sorums work on UYI, I always wonder what Adler would sound like on tracks like Bad Obsessions or Perfect Crime (I know they played it live in 86 but we only have a min clip from it, not enough to judge how he would sound playing the full song). Hopefully Axl n co are holding som great stuff back for the UYI box set ;)