Who is the greatest one album band?

oldnews

It's Buena Vista Social Club by a massive landslide. Nothing comes close. 

51iI0R3gABL._SY355_.jpg

Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek & The Domino's comes to mind too

LaylaCover.jpg 

Other than that I often feel like Vol. 1 was the only real Traveling Wilburys album, because Vol 3 didn't have Roy. That's a stellar one too. 

TravWilb1Cover.jpg

Edit: Blind Faith only did one album too, didn't they? Also great. 

21588137_sa.jpg 

Edited by username
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, username said:

It's Buena Vista Social Club by a massive landslide. Nothing comes close. 

Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek & The Domino's comes to mind too

Other than that I often feel like Vol. 1 was the only real Traveling Wilburys album, because Vol 3 didn't have Roy. That's a stellar one too. 

Edit: Blind Faith only did one album too, didn't they? Also great. 

Clapton basically just got some lads together, banged out an album, toured it and moved on a lot of his career. 

8 minutes ago, username said:

Calling Steve Winwood and Ginger Baker some lads is not enough credit. But I know what you mean. 

They are some lads though :lol:  So’s Eric Clapton.  A mate of mine used to know Ginge yknow, used to work as a mechanic for Rolls Royce, still knows his old missus too.  He says, contrary to the image, he was actually a really nice personable chatty sort of fella back in the day with his friends, the ones he had chosen for company as opposed to being thrust into it due to their musical talents or other such forced relationships.

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Sex Pistols by far shame they never did a second record but sadly cunts like Malcom put an end to that.

Been listening to PIL recently god I love Mr.Lydon

PiL are fucking fantastic aren't they?  been to see em like 6 or 7 times.  I'm surprised to hear you like PiL, wouldn't think avante garde racket is your sort of thing.  Mind you, what would I know of 'your sort of thing?'

41 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I listen to a bit of everything really mate one day I will be listening to some Jacko the next some Rammstein the next some PIL.

Next time they play in the UK ( If they ever do again ) I would love to see them live 

Oh they will, they been doin the rounds frequent in the last few years, even got a PiL documentary out.