Who is the greatest one album band?

oldnews

40 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nice one will keep my eye out for the Blu Ray ... I'm not the biggest cinema goer and it looks like one that will be shown in the arse end of Hackney in some random Theatre ... fuck that Lark

If they play London at any point would be well game for going 

I seen em all over the place, well, all over London...Brixton, Shepherds Bush, even saw em in Heaven, if you've heard of it, the famous gay club.

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nah not been to that one then but been in a few .. bloody expensive bastards for drinks 

There's a video on youtube somewhere of me havin' a bit of banter with John at a PiL gig, he always drinks brandy onstage and i asked him for some and he told me to dip into my own pockets and stop tryna ponce off him :lol:  i told him i was skint and he's like 'its bad enough half price tickets but free drinks as well?  Liberty!' :lol:

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Definitely The Sex Pistols. Even the impact alone is enough. No other band achieved what they did in this regard with only one album.

Some other great ones in addition to those already mentioned (Buena Vista Social Club, Blind Faith, Derek & The Dominos):

The_Modern_Lovers_(album).jpg

R-2840719-1303471831.jpeg.jpg

Blackmonktime.jpg

The first two i have in my car.

• Like 1

Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks

Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers - LAMF ( kinda cheating but all his other albums were solo)

Green River - Rehab Doll

Mad Season - Above

Big L - Lifestylez of da Poor & Dangerous

Makaveli - Don Killuminati: the 7 Day Theory (ok now that’s cheating but who cares :lol: oh and 2Pac & Oulawz - Still I Rise)

On 9/16/2018 at 12:16 AM, J Dog said:

Johnny Thunders and The Heartbreakers - LAMF ( kinda cheating but all his other albums were solo)

Green River - Rehab Doll

Mad Season - Above

Makaveli - Don Killuminati: the 7 Day Theory (ok now that’s cheating but who cares :lol: oh and 2Pac & Oulawz - Still I Rise)

Big L !!! awesome answer, whatever happened to the documentary about him?

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Big L !!! awesome answer, whatever happened to the documentary about him?

Big L released a second album. 

On 16/09/2018 at 12:16 AM, J Dog said:

Green River - Rehab Doll

Mad Season - Above

Johnny ain't cheating, that was the only Heartbreakers album, you're spot on correct.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Teen Idles

London SS

Joe Strummer & The Latino Rockabilly War

Gang War (a band with Johnny Thunders & Wayne Kramer from MC5)

Tons really.

But no band that really was big.

It just seems like now could a band get big off live performances and start selling out stadiums. 

Maybe self released mp3s. 

I wonder if a band came out with a Jungle now they could do it without the infrastructure. Or is something lost without the spectacle. 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

LOADS after. 

So when Elvis was making records was Bob known. 

When I got that 90s King of the Delta Bluesmem cd I thought RB was the first to talk about the devil in rock n roll. But that was probably god or jesus or alien technology. 

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

So when Elvis was making records was Bob known. 

When I got that 90s King of the Delta Bluesmem cd I thought RB was the first to talk about the devil in rock n roll. But that was probably god or jesus or alien technology. 

The devil has been ever present in music. The truth is all this stuff, rock n roll, blues etc has its roots in religion.  

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The devil has been ever present in music. The truth is all this stuff, rock n roll, blues etc has its roots in religion.  

Or is religion’s root in music. Like before religion we were just grunting and chanting.  Like how animals howl before they go hunting. That’s kind of like praying.