Better Call Saul

luciusfunk

I have a weird feeling BCS is also gonna end after 5 seasons, so it seems as though we're getting towards the end. You can already tell the split with Kim is coming up due to the last episode. 

Also thank god BoJack Horseman is back because this season is really starting to pick up and I want the next episode now lol

21 hours ago, Crazyman said:

I have a weird feeling BCS is also gonna end after 5 seasons, so it seems as though we're getting towards the end. You can already tell the split with Kim is coming up due to the last episode. 

Also thank god BoJack Horseman is back because this season is really starting to pick up and I want the next episode now lol

I don't agree. Considering from the get-go they've said BCS would take place before, during, and after BrBa, we haven't seen much of the latter two. We've had one cold open in the BrBa era, and four cold opens amounting to all of maybe 10 minutes in the post BrBa era. I know that technically they've checked all the boxes, but if they highlighted that fact since before the show aired, I see them doing more with those two timelines. And assuming season 5 would be 10 episodes as all the other seasons have, I don't see them wrapping things up within 14 episodes. Too much to happen still. I mean, hell, we haven't even seen Jimmy's transformation into Saul, and he doesn't seem a whole lot closer than he was at the start of the show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't agree. Considering from the get-go they've said BCS would take place before, during, and after BrBa, we haven't seen much of the latter two. We've had one cold open in the BrBa era, and four cold opens amounting to all of maybe 10 minutes in the post BrBa era. I know that technically they've checked all the boxes, but if they highlighted that fact since before the show aired, I see them doing more with those two timelines. And assuming season 5 would be 10 episodes as all the other seasons have, I don't see them wrapping things up within 14 episodes. Too much to happen still. I mean, hell, we haven't even seen Jimmy's transformation into Saul, and he doesn't seem a whole lot closer than he was at the start of the show. 

I think they might've done so as a way to hype the show itself (regarding teasing a post-BB era). We might get one full-length episode worth of post era stuff, but I doubt they'll spend any significant amount of time there. 

BB's 5th season had 16 episodes. I'm not assuming the same would be for BCS, but I would expect at least 14 in a split (like they did with Mad Men). That means we would have 18 episodes to wrap it up; up to this point 36 episodes have aired. I wouldn't be shocked if 2/3's of the show have already aired.

You can't compare BB to BCS in that sense. The timeline in BB was two years. It starts with Walter's 50th birthday and in the last episode he just turned 52 and we all know what the doctor told Walter in the very first episode. BCS has a lot more options, even when they reach the BB timeline, they can always continue with a post-BB storyline. Not saying they will, I don't know what the writers' intentions are.

Right, but longer timeline doesn't automatically mean longer series. I didn't want to bring this up but BCS is different than BB...in the ratings. BCS started off hot (due to the BB audience, obviously), but has steadily lost viewership over time. BB was the opposite, gaining traction as it went. At some point that'll likely contribute to when the show will end as well. 

• Like 1

I agree, there are always a lot of factors that come into play. But just saying that BB wasn't the type of show that could have kept on going, at least it wouldn't have been too realistic anymore. While I think that BCS could go on for longer than 5 seasons if everyone wants to do it and the network is behind it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...