Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Sosso

Queen are a little like that. You are hardly going to scream from a street corner that you like Hot Space, are you? Further a lot of people find Bjork so utterly esoteric that it is convenient of me to not mention me liking her albums; she has a conceptual album about her vagina! It doesn't get stranger with Bjork! Any of the white boy American shit from the '70s and '80s - Guns, Kiss, Crue, Metalllica - is very embarrassing but then I hardly listen to those bands these days. The fact I listened to them once upon a time is embarrassing I suppose.

What else? I feel everyone secretly likes an Abba tune here and there. Those seventh chords. The sentimentality. 

Not really. I don't believe in guilty pleasures. If the song is good, then the song is good. 

I liked some of those boy/girl bands in the 90's. Underneath that overproduced production they often had good pop songs. Back For Good by Take That is a great pop song. 

• Like 1

I’m not really embarrassed about listening to anything, I don’t give that much of a fuck  of what someone thinks about what I’m listening to. There is some stuff that doesn’t really go with my taste in music. 

Spin Doctors. Damn I should’ve used Pocketfull of Kryptonite in the one album bands thread. Some Kid Rock songs. Ugly Kid Joe. A lot of country stuff. Jodeci (every freakin night and every freakin day, I wanna freak you baby in every freakin way :lol:). Young Jeezy, big fan of Jeezy.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

I guess ABBA would fall under a guilty pleasure along with some new wave artists, as mentioned above.

I've got a few ABC, Spandau Ballet and Human League tracks on my iPod, along with purchasing A Flock of Seagulls release 'Ascension' which was an album of re-recorded hits with the Prague Philharmonic Orchastra which I found incredibly enjoyable :lol:

I love the Bee Gees and have since I was a nipper. That didn't sit well throughout my school years either!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

I think that the older you get the less "guilty" these pleasures are. :lol: 

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I like that Nickleback song, How you remind me 🎶

I stand corrected! :lol: 

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a nightclub in Birmingham called Snobs. 

Are you sure that some wag hasn't just added an extra S in permanent marker. Rather like an anal treet in Manchester? :lol: 

• Haha 2

I silently enjoy the current wave of the Canadian pop-country scene. All the songs have either the most cliched title or they are silly word plays like "past the passed."  I guess it comes to mind as guilty because I dont intend to buy any but when ever it comes on the radio I find myself enjoying it a lot more then Id expect too. Its just silly and cheesy imo, but I like hearing it now and then.