Slash Will Be Doing a Reddit AMA on September 20th

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I know Zoso's tactic there. Lure him in with something boring about snakes then when you have him, hit him with a question (Atlas Shrugged?) everybody is interested in.

Slash wasn't fooled.

Exactly! When I met Slash he seemed bored by everyone asking music and guitar questions. My friend and I brought up reptiles and we talked for like 15 minutes instead of 2

I am also very interested in reptiles and amphibians so that helps lol

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

They don't know that they should be interested. They aren't savvy enough to realize that there is a hundred hours and twenty different cuts of twenty different movies that personify what GN'R was at the zenith of their popularity. 

With the wave of nostalgia times we live in, that documentary is a time capsule of culture and with the right direction and the right edit, could be the most important rock film of our time. Slash knows this, he's said so in his book.

The journalists want to keep asking about the next album but the best GN'R has to offer is buried in the video of the past.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

So he has 10 top hats and 'a gazillion t-shirts', didn't go to school with Robbie Williams, doesn't care which Guns songs he plays, doesn't care which cities he plays, doesn't have any highlights from the tour, doesn't like orange juice or milk, spends all day on Pinterest looking for stuff to put on IG, and doesn't seem to realise Atlas Shrugged exists.

What a fucking revelation. 

Yeah man, he didn't answer any good question, and there were a lot of interesting questions there.

It goes to show the difference between the fan and the entertainer. They, in their free time and of own inclination, are more interested in talking about milk and snakes - hobbies. Rose likes to talk about Trump, cats and ''Halloween Trees''. You don't bring your work home with you. They also know less about themselves than nerd fans. Slash probably can't remember some obscure bootleg film. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Slash doesn't even remember the timeline of the UYI tour. In at least two recent interviews he said that the tour ended in '94. Duff didn't remember the order of the songs in the UYI album and which songs are in which album. I think it's expected and understandable for them, although it's weird to us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

So he has 10 top hats and 'a gazillion t-shirts', didn't go to school with Robbie Williams, doesn't care which Guns songs he plays, doesn't care which cities he plays, doesn't have any highlights from the tour, doesn't like orange juice or milk, spends all day on Pinterest looking for stuff to put on IG, and doesn't seem to realise Atlas Shrugged exists.

He also stays up until 4 or 5 am most days.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash doesn't even remember the timeline of the UYI tour. In at least two recent interviews he said that the tour ended in '94. Duff didn't remember the order of the songs in the UYI album and which songs are in which album. I think it's expected and understandable for them, although it's weird to us.

Doesn't it seem a bit unprofessional to not know what songs you've put on your albums? Seems strange when someone has such little interest in their own body of work. It's not as if there's that much of it.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I wonder if Slash is remembering the band and business obligations from the UYI era not winding down until almost 94? With the Estranged video and perhaps even finishing up and releasing TSI's being part of that era of constant work? TSI being a November 23, 1993 release and the Estranged video released in December 93? Maybe even Gilbys album and video feel like part of the UYI era.

13 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Aaah! I've got 13 "Haha" reactions on this post! Quickly, someone add another before I get hit by a bus or something!

Update: BlueJean Baby just saved my life. Thank you, I won't forget this.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1