Slash Will Be Doing a Reddit AMA on September 20th

18 hours ago, RONIN said:

He shared his fist with Pitman's face.

13 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

So he has 10 top hats and 'a gazillion t-shirts', didn't go to school with Robbie Williams, doesn't care which Guns songs he plays, doesn't care which cities he plays, doesn't have any highlights from the tour, doesn't like orange juice or milk, spends all day on Pinterest looking for stuff to put on IG, and doesn't seem to realise Atlas Shrugged exists.

What a fucking revelation. 

Great back to back post :lol: my stomach hurts from laughing.

7 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Doesn't it seem a bit unprofessional to not know what songs you've put on your albums? Seems strange when someone has such little interest in their own body of work. It's not as if there's that much of it.

i have no idea how you or anyone can expect "professional" from slash

or from any of the five members of guns n roses

or from any rock n roll band that is worthy being called a "rock n roll band"

i am not sure you know but people used to be in rock n roll bands exactly to escape the need of being "professional" or because they just couldn't be "professional" to save their lives

in guns n roses case you should expect "professional" only from people who actually work(ed) for the band, like record company people, the tour crew, etc

nowadays, in the days of "guns n roses", you can also obviously expect "professional" from the aliens

30 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i have no idea how you or anyone can expect "professional" from slash

or from any of the five members of guns n roses

or from any rock n roll band that is worthy being called a "rock n roll band"

i am not sure you know but people used to be in rock n roll bands exactly to escape the need of being "professional" or because they just couldn't be "professional" to save their lives

in guns n roses case you should expect "professional" only from people who actually work(ed) for the band, like record company people, the tour crew, etc

nowadays, in the days of "guns n roses", you can also obviously expect "professional" from the aliens

I have to respectfully disagree with your definition of being a professional. It doesn't matter if you are in a rock band or not. To me being a professional is showing up, doing your work to the best of your ability, due diligence, attaining results, and providing great customer service. Working in corporate, I don't always see this being done.  As a result, I don't think  corporate is always professional. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

When you have multi-million dollar contracts for tours, and a huge monetary beast which is the brand GNR, for everything - hell yeah you have to be professional.  Arena and stadium rock acts, no matter what a band does musically or what their image is, is still part of the machine.  

Well not really, I mean Axl finally got the memo to actually act professional as he has fixed his late stage time act, it seems he finally understands that professionalism - especially in this day and age in the music industry, is what is expected and makes things go swimmingly better for all parties involved

Edited by WhazUp

8 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Doesn't it seem a bit unprofessional to not know what songs you've put on your albums? Seems strange when someone has such little interest in their own body of work. It's not as if there's that much of it.

I dunno if that itself is a biggie, even Paul McCartney in interviews sometimes messes up the date an album came out or misremembers which events happened during the making of which albums.  

12 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

He's an old dude, and he pretty much moves on from one project to full focus on the next right away. But yes he does have a rather large discography if you put it all together including guesting on other artist albums.

Edited by moreblack

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

When you have multi-million dollar contracts for tours, and a huge monetary beast which is the brand GNR, for everything - hell yeah you have to be professional.  Arena and stadium rock acts, no matter what a band does musically or what their image is, is still part of the machine.  

Well not really, I mean Axl finally got the memo to actually act professional as he has fixed his late stage time act, it seems he finally understands that professionalism - especially in this day and age in the music industry, is what is expected and makes things go swimmingly better for all parties involved

get onstage at time and play a great show

thats all it takes

if you do that, you are a great rock band

you dont need to be "professional" to do it

at all

this is not a job

its supposed to be fun

it stops being fun when you are stupid and make easy stuff become complicated

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

I have to respectfully disagree with your definition of being a professional. It doesn't matter if you are in a rock band or not. To me being a professional is showing up, doing your work to the best of your ability, due diligence, attaining results, and providing great customer service. Working in corporate, I don't always see this being done.  As a result, I don't think  corporate is always professional. 

sure, i suppose you are correct

for a rock band, your definition applies: "showing up, doing your work to the best of your ability, due diligence, attaining results, and providing great customer service"

its just much more simple for a rock band. because they can achieve all that just by showing up and playing a great show.

the difference between rock bands and corporate is that in a rock band you can have fun while you achieve/do what you are supposed to do. most people working on corporate are obviously not having any fun.

of course that I mean all that for already established rock bands. of course up-and-coming bands don't have that luxury. specially these days. but for guns n roses aliens? seriously, that tour may have been THE EASIEST TOUR EVER. if they (the band members) are smart and put good people to take care of stuff, they basically dont need to do shit other than showing up on time and playing a great show

sure, you are absolutely correct about corporate too. in corporate, like you said, it not always get done. it should. but some people working on corporate act like robots on autopilot and do the very least they can to go through the day. it sucks as we all know

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

He's an old dude, and he pretty much moves on from one project to full focus on the next right away. But yes he does have a rather large discography if you put it all together including guesting on other artist albums.

To be fair, I don't even expect Slash to remember all of his solo stuff (most of it is pretty unmemorable), I just meant in terms of Guns

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno if that itself is a biggie, even Paul McCartney in interviews sometimes messes up the date an album came out or misremembers which events happened during the making of which albums.  

It just seems a bit odd to me. I've seen/heard plenty of interviews etc from artists who clearly take great pride in their output and legacy, and don't necessarily have small discographies either, it just surprises me that some would forget something (which is to us at least) so simple.

Edited by Azifwekare

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

It just seems a bit odd to me. I've seen/heard plenty of interviews etc from artists who clearly take great pride in their output and legacy, and don't necessarily have small discographies either, it just surprises me that some would forget something (which is to us at least) so simple.

Kinda like that Axl and Duff interview from 2016, Duff mentioned a year and Axl corrected him straight away.

9 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

So what did he say,? Anything worthwhile?

On 9/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, Azifwekare said:

So he has 10 top hats and 'a gazillion t-shirts', didn't go to school with Robbie Williams, doesn't care which Guns songs he plays, doesn't care which cities he plays, doesn't have any highlights from the tour, doesn't like orange juice or milk, spends all day on Pinterest looking for stuff to put on IG, and doesn't seem to realise Atlas Shrugged exists.

What a fucking revelation. 

• Like 1

On September 21, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Blackstar said:

He said that the last shows of the tour were in SA in '94.

I think an explanation could be that the time between tours, especially in that period when he was using, is like a dead time for Slash, so it's been somehow "condensed" in his mind. So, since the first Snakepit album and tour happened in '95, in his memory the whole Snakepit songs/Gilby/Paul Huge saga didn't last more than 6 months.

In the interview/conversation of last year with Nikki Sixx, when they were talking about their addictions, Slash said something interesting: that he missed a whole decade, the 90s. This seems odd, because he was active and out there playing during most of that period. But what he meant mostly was that he lost track of what was going on in music, the things that changed. 

I think we are essentially saying the same thing? At least thats what I was trying to get at, the elasticity of time in a users mind. 

On September 21, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Blackstar said:

It made me think that it's ironic that both Axl and Slash missed that decade, but in opposite ways. Slash was out there, but didn't take notice of what was going on around him, as far as music goes; Axl followed what was going on closely, but disappeared. Maybe it was part of the reason they couldn't communicate.

Very good point. Sometimes Axls mental health and spiritual journey, and Slashs substance dependency seem like two sides of the same coin.