Duff Joins "Dean Delray's LET THERE BE TALK" Podcast To Talk About UYI

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/439-duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses/id546210508?i=1000419877936&mt=2

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but this should be interesting!

Edit: They are talking a bit about how NITL came together and THE Izzy question gets asked (around 20/25 min in to the episode) as well but Duff tries to get away from the question the best he can :shrugs:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/439-duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses/id546210508?i=1000419877936&mt=2

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but this should be interesting!

Edit: They are talking a bit about how NITL came together and THE Izzy question gets asked (around 20/25 min in to the episode) as well but Duff tries to get away from the question the best he can :shrugs:

:facepalm:

18 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

What is he supposed or going to say besides nothing? You think Duff is going to be up front and honest on those types of subjects? They aren’t gonna throw anyone under a bus at this point in this lives. Especially people who they’ve known for over 30 years and aren’t there to defend themselves on a podcast.

Same thing with new music talk. They aren’t gonna spill the beans on the whole operation/plans on podcasts and during a promotional tour on a solo project. There’s a time and place for all of that 

Lots of great tidbits of information in that interview. Touched upon a ton of subjects. Such as where the band was mentally during the process of recording the illusion records. How they were under a time crunch to record as the studio was booked and they needed a drummer. Basic tracks being done live on the studio floor with Matt having to learn the material in a short amount of time. Lots of insight to Izzy during that time period and diffusing some rumors that he was pulling away from the group. How involved he was etc... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

This. The way Duff and Slash talked about this issue recently doesn't put them in the best light. It wouldn't be too hard say that they considered a lot of different things and in the end it worked out the way it did. Not saying mcuh, no spilling stuff, no putting anyone down, just a clear statement that this was the best way for a lot of reasons that were important. But "I wouldn't go anywhere near that" and "I don't follow social media" / "When I'm doing my thing [rehearsals] it just that" / "I'm not going into the machinations" etc? Seriously? At least Slash was honest, Duff is lying. There is no way he didn't know the responses on social media to the Izzy issue (from the uncertainty about his presence to the "loot" tweet) and there is no way he was just focusing on rehearsals and not keeping a close watch on (and possibly a decisive power in) the "machinations". BS!

9 minutes ago, bikka said:

This. The way Duff and Slash talked about this issue recently doesn't put them in the best light. It wouldn't be too hard say that they considered a lot of different things and in the end it worked out the way it did. Not saying mcuh, no spilling stuff, no putting anyone down, just a clear statement that this was the best way for a lot of reasons that were important. But "I wouldn't go anywhere near that" and "I don't follow social media" / "When I'm doing my thing [rehearsals] it just that" / "I'm not going into the machinations" etc? Seriously? At least Slash was honest, Duff is lying. There is no way he didn't know the responses on social media to the Izzy issue (from the uncertainty about his presence to the "loot" tweet) and there is no way he was just focusing on rehearsals and not keeping a close watch on (and possibly a decisive power in) the "machinations". BS!

Maybe, who knows what he knew. You and I can’t prove it. But since when has this band catered to expectations in how they are supposed to act and react? That’s pretty much been the antithesis since day one. They all pretty much go about things in their own way. I think it’s obvious he doesn’t want to broach the subject. He chooses to do so in the most comfortable way for him, not us 

41 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Maybe, who knows what he knew. You and I can’t prove it. But since when has this band catered to expectations in how they are supposed to act and react? That’s pretty much been the antithesis since day one. They all pretty much go about things in their own way. I think it’s obvious he doesn’t want to broach the subject. He chooses to do so in the most comfortable way for him, not us 

I guess I didn't make my point clear, yes, he's free not to answer that question. But the way he does it speaks volumes (too me at least). There was a lot of talking here on the forums about who is really to blame for the deal with Izzy not coming through - who was more "unreasonable" so to speak. I tended to think both parties were guilty... But if that were the case why would Duff talk like this? I mean, he has to resort to excuses like: my wife had to tell me what they said about us on SM, I didn't know. Like hell he didn't at least peek on SM to see how their "last great mystique" about the line up worked out! Like hell he was only focusing on reheasals and not interested on what the money deals/machinations were! Really, he tells that crap just after talking about how he took up bussiness classes to learn about the money part of show biz! That's why I said it puts them in bad light...

• GNFNR 1

Duff might have had the most to lose from Izzy making a return. If Izzy was given a fair slice (as a founding member) then everyone else gets less but I think this would affect Duff more than the other two.

He would also be vying for a position of importance within the line up, Axl and Slash as top billing is a given but as things stand without Izzy in the picture Duff can maintain respectable 3rd place. He still might of course even with Izzy as he's arguably maintained the bigger profile of the two but it's something to ponder.

Purely speculation as I don't know what went on with the early negotiations.

• Like 3