Duff Joins "Dean Delray's LET THERE BE TALK" Podcast To Talk About UYI

37 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Why not? What is the big goddamn deal about dealing with issues directly?  

Not everything in life is demanded to be answered upon. Everything is not an open book. So yeah if he doesn’t want to delve into the business side of how things went down, that would be pretty consistent with how things have played out so far

59 minutes ago, bikka said:

I guess I didn't make my point clear, yes, he's free not to answer that question. But the way he does it speaks volumes (too me at least). There was a lot of talking here on the forums about who is really to blame for the deal with Izzy not coming through - who was more "unreasonable" so to speak. I tended to think both parties were guilty... But if that were the case why would Duff talk like this? I mean, he has to resort to excuses like: my wife had to tell me what they said about us on SM, I didn't know. Like hell he didn't at least peek on SM to see how their "last great mystique" about the line up worked out! Like hell he was only focusing on reheasals and not interested on what the money deals/machinations were! Really, he tells that crap just after talking about how he took up bussiness classes to learn about the money part of show biz! That's why I said it puts them in bad light...

Who’s to say who’s at fault? Sometimes things don’t work out. Has to make sense for everyone involved. They could all very much be on speaking terms right now. Doesn’t mean they have to work together, nor does it mean Duff has to answer questions that could splinter a relationship.  

Saying he went to business school to make sure he wasn’t getting screwed/take over his personal wealth seems to be the extent of what he talks about on that subject. There seems to be a line there that’s been pretty consistent over the last few years. Doesn’t really delve into GNR biz stuff. What’s interesting to us may be a bore to him that takes away time from things he’d rather be doing 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, bikka said:

This. The way Duff and Slash talked about this issue recently doesn't put them in the best light. It wouldn't be too hard say that they considered a lot of different things and in the end it worked out the way it did. Not saying mcuh, no spilling stuff, no putting anyone down, just a clear statement that this was the best way for a lot of reasons that were important. But "I wouldn't go anywhere near that" and "I don't follow social media" / "When I'm doing my thing [rehearsals] it just that" / "I'm not going into the machinations" etc? Seriously? At least Slash was honest, Duff is lying. There is no way he didn't know the responses on social media to the Izzy issue (from the uncertainty about his presence to the "loot" tweet) and there is no way he was just focusing on rehearsals and not keeping a close watch on (and possibly a decisive power in) the "machinations". BS!

exactly

"the king of beers" became "the king of bullshit"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

What is he supposed or going to say besides nothing? You think Duff is going to be up front and honest on those types of subjects? They aren’t gonna throw anyone under a bus at this point in this lives. Especially people who they’ve known for over 30 years and aren’t there to defend themselves on a podcast.

Same thing with new music talk. They aren’t gonna spill the beans on the whole operation/plans on podcasts and during a promotional tour on a solo project. There’s a time and place for all of that

well i would sorta respect him if he said something like "i don't wanna say nothing about izzy" instead of trying to bullshit everyone and look good

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

well i would sorta respect him if he said something like "i don't wanna say nothing about izzy" instead of trying to bullshit everyone and look good

Let’s be honest. Refusing to answer a question outright would get just as much flack. Or he could of said beforehand that Izzy is off limits and people would complain that the question was never asked. Damned if he does or doesn’t I guess...He’s a pro. He gave an answer that was a non answer. The interviewer picked up on that cue and then moved on. 

It’s a 2 hr interview with lots of stuff that I never heard before. They recorded November Rain live on the floor with piano. That’s nuts. 

Edited by guitarpatch

It was expected that there would be nothing much about the current affairs in GnR. It was funny how many times and how many ways Dean Delray tried to get a word from Duff about Izzy, future plans etc. It's interesting though that Duff didn't want to answer even the question in the end about what he will be doing while Slash will be busy with his band.

From the way Duff talked about Izzy in regards to the past I got the vibe that there is no bad blood between them on a personal level - or Duff wanted to get across that there is no bad blood from his side, at least.

It was a good interview overall. Interesting stuff about the Illusion albums.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Let’s be honest. Refusing to answer a question outright would get just as much flack. Or he could of said beforehand that Izzy is off limits and people would complain that the question was never asked. Damned if he does or doesn’t I guess...He’s a pro. He gave an answer that was a non answer. The interviewer picked up on that cue and then moved on. 

It’s a 2 hr interview with lots of stuff that I never heard before. They recorded November Rain live on the floor with piano. That’s nuts. 

i believe you are being honest saying that you prefer that which you described above

i am being honest as well. I think bullshitting people is pathetic. duff sounds like a CEO giving corporate bullshit to people.

if you like that and thinks he is a "pro", good for you.

14 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

What a waste Of talent not to release those songs

The way Duff talked about the Illusion recording process, I think those songs whether written by Axl or whoever will need to go through that process. And I guess now the 3 of them will have to agree on what to put out.

Best case is they take a few out of Axl’s pot of gold and add new material. And get the album tour album cycle going like Slash said. Finish with a run of albums. More like AFD meets UYI maybe. 

8 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Do you guys think its Axl who told Duff and Slash to not talk about Izzy or just a joint agreement of the Big 3?

Everything is joint now. 

I guess you don’t talk shit about your friend. It is what it is business wise. 

You never know they could be fine and joking around. 

It really did bring Izzy’s Izzyness to the masses. The stage is set. 

Edited by wasted

On 19/09/2018 at 12:57 PM, Blackstar said:

It was expected that there would be nothing much about the current affairs in GnR. It was funny how many times and how many ways Dean Delray tried to get a word from Duff about Izzy, future plans etc. It's interesting though that Duff didn't want to answer even the question in the end about what he will be doing while Slash will be busy with his band.

From the way Duff talked about Izzy in regards to the past I got the vibe that there is no bad blood between them on a personal level - or Duff wanted to get across that there is no bad blood from his side, at least.

It was a good interview overall. Interesting stuff about the Illusion albums.

Dean delray comes across as douche. Losses track of the conversation, talks about mindless things, plenty of other stuff to talk about in terms of illusions type material hopefully one day seeing the light and he wastes so much time talking about what shirt he wants to wear on a given day. His speech is almost on par with ozzy.

I also call bullshit on him not reading social media stuff about the izzy loot drama. If he has twitter im sure he would have looked at peoples comments. For someone who got fit and went to college, hes a bullshit artist. Hes the sort of prick if you worked in the corporate world he would be very two faced and be careful what you tell him. He would have a very good sense how much this tour is financially making.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Dean delray comes across as douche. Losses track of the conversation, talks about mindless things, plenty of other stuff to talk about in terms of illusions type material hopefully one day seeing the light and he wastes so much time talking about what shirt he wants to wear on a given day. His speech is almost on par with ozzy.

I also call bullshit on him not reading social media stuff about the izzy loot drama. If he has twitter im sure he would have looked at peoples comments. For someone who got fit and went to college, hes a bullshit artist. Hes the sort of prick if you worked in the corporate world he would be very two faced and be careful what you tell him. He would have a very good sense how much this tour is financially making.

If you are too honest the whole thing falls apart. They could have fought for Izzy but then the shows may not have happened. 

Dean is a merch master, that’s another level of fandom. Going to shows having 100s of shirts. 

It was weird they don’t know the tracklisting of UYI though. 

I get the feeling they aren’t as obsessed about the music as other fans, they are more real about it. They prob see it from a different angle. 

GNR really know how to play the game to keep up interest. 

Wonder if Shotgun Blues will ever make a comeback. For the release of The Dirt movie. 

Edited by wasted

7 hours ago, HellfireBetty said:

What was the event during UYI tour that caused him to spiral though?? Said he mentioned it once before but won't speak of it again.

He referenced his book in regards to it. Based on his book, it was his first marriage falling apart. It wasn't during the tour, it was before it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I've never heard Duff stutter so much when the izzy subject came up. He's back pedelling and making no sense as if he is guilt ridden by their actions. "Things were ascended to - he mentions that is the biggest give away that they short changed him and said oh well who cares if he's not on board. 

Duff seemed to be the most genuine of the big three when it came to praising Izzy prior to the reunion it shows how much of a turn coat he is when $ and positions in the band became paramount to him putting up a spineless fuss when Izzy demanded what he wanted. I think someone mentioned that Duff was the most angry of the three regarding Izzy's demands. 

In short, Duff comes off as someone that is full of shit and not punk at all - a farce of sorts to which GNR has become as well. 

• Like 3

On 23.9.2018 at 7:55 AM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I've never heard Duff stutter so much when the izzy subject came up. He's back pedelling and making no sense as if he is guilt ridden by their actions. "Things were ascended to - he mentions that is the biggest give away that they short changed him and said oh well who cares if he's not on board. 

Duff seemed to be the most genuine of the big three when it came to praising Izzy prior to the reunion it shows how much of a turn coat he is when $ and positions in the band became paramount to him putting up a spineless fuss when Izzy demanded what he wanted. I think someone mentioned that Duff was the most angry of the three regarding Izzy's demands. 

In short, Duff comes off as someone that is full of shit and not punk at all - a farce of sorts to which GNR has become as well. 

Yeah, well, Duff really comes across as a bit of a spineless dick lately. And that whole "punk as fuck" bullshit is just embarrassing anyway.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2018 at 3:39 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Wow. 

i don't understand why all the dissapointment with Duff.

I read his book, followed his entire career in GNR and post that, I can't understand why he was given the role of a 'GNR saint'.

All the stuff he did ended up broken, blaming others.  While everyone was in feud with Ax, he sued him while playing shows with Ax's GNR tribute band soon after.

Despite all the screaming at Slash over the years, I find him the most reliable of the 3, he may twist stuff around due to drugs and stuff, but when it comes to the band and its history I really find him most reliable.

Other than him, if you want the truth, try seeking Gilby and Matt (Izzy if you can get a hold of him).

Personally, I have written them off when they returned in this silly half assed line up.

I don't care to see them or listen to new music of this shitty line up.  Best show of this line up is 70% worse than UYI tour worst show anyway. Drummer sounds like shit, they have more keyboards than guitars and that rhytham guitar is the best in the 'most useless' league they could get.

When Izzy was out, they tried to get a replacement with reputation, in the end they took Gilby who was probably best fit image wise and it worked. Fortus might work for Kiss or Alice Cooper but def not GNR,