I wrote a manga but I can't draw

Jackamo!

https://twitter.com/kundikhanyela

Kundikhanyela means "deny" in the language of Xhosa. The wooly mammoth-elephant hybrid from the kitchen of Cima's bed and breakfast is in the bottom left hand corner of an all hot pink backdrop.

KHANCERN is a technological force that controls the bend in the veil of forgetfulness that causes a mass misremembering effect. Human thoughts, deeds and actions cannot be changed by this. Bekunile sits across from the much older Cima. There is an antique Scrabble board between them. It is 2072 and the human population is reaching the ending of a ten year long collective vow of silence leading up to an event known as The Harvist. Human words spoken in the past have been fucked up by KHANCERN as a means of making one of the three afterlife/post-Harvist possibilities more difficult to obtain; Talking has become practically retired and replaced by advanced methods that make more usage of thoughts, deeds and actions.

That is a very loose plot outline. I would like to get this produced someday as something physical. I don't have any illustrators at the moment.

The story is divided into three main parts. In chronological order they are: I. The Datura fueled birth of Bekunile which takes place during three days in October, 2046. He was born eyelid-less to a mother smoking disappearing invisible cigarettes and seeing people who are not really there. II.  The first 2 weeks of May, 2064 featuring a complex transcribing session of dream stenography at the old address of 644 Victoria Road, Sydney, Nova Scotia. III. Bekunile and Zombini's affair at Cima's bed and breakfast during the last waking days of Earth ending on December 95th, 2072.

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Why manga?  Why not just any art style that can be told sequentially?

I tried to read the synopsis but it was incoherent.  Like my dream journals when I wake up.  Terrible interesting to me in the moment, but complete shit about 10 minutes later.

I am pretty inarticulate. The images and surreal details are what is important to this story. I have them in my head. Unfortunately I cannot draw. I decided on a manga because the budget would be ridiculously expensive in any other form. Its basically my greatest story never told. I've been working on it longer than Axl worked on Chinese Democracy. Since I was 14.

Thank you for the feedback. I am really hoping for some honest to God advice here.

And for something incoherent, there are actually no plot holes at all. I am being careful to not get burned by excluding severe parts of the plot, and details. I have secrets I don't want revealed. I want the people drawn like the people on the illumanati card game art. Think Heavy Metal. Everything else is drawn in hyper-realism.

'Fuck my manga for a bit. I got to spit. Some written shit. It is. It isn't isn't. My own reality. My own decision.'

"MY OWN REALITY" LYRICS

I rather reality over imagination but still I take a nightly vacation
Because it might be a metaphysical obligation for a physical continuation
Of my own, my own, my own, my own reality
I've got severe death anxiety
In my own, my own reality
I'm not overrated like Jack the Ripper, I'm more Jack the Stripper
I pull down my zipper and I rip her
Teeth and tongue out so she can't bite down or shout
As I stick my dick down her throat
Cause watching her choke is as classic as Coke
If you dare to provoke
Your life I will revoke
And this knife I will soak
In the blood of your folks
Don't fuck with someone whose one desire is not running out of smokes
An unlit cigarette
The denial of death
Better than heroic sex
I chain smoke like I'm a lonely nervous wreck
I inhale the smoke all down my neck
Deep throating death with all this breath
A filthy habit on a monthly welfare check
I amount to nothing like a molecule speck
The Creator is God
Its a mirage on a facade
There is an illusion of separation
I've been put on anti-psychotic medication
Starting at my birth and finishing at my fatality
This is my own, my own reality
All of what I did in entirety shall determine my Harvestabilty
And my next, my next reality
Because according to Ra and the law
It all depends on the percent to determine whether its either Heaven or Enslavement
Why worry about God's wrath
I am more worried about God's math
The path took by who Jesus Christ is based on
Or the path took by Genghis Khan
Its almost as if Hitler chose to reincarnate inside the vagina of Trump's mom
Does this imply that Free Will is an illusion
Love, ill health & confusion
Beyond dream stenography, reading between the lines of the Ra Material
If Bigfoot remains are found in our lifetime in America then everything found in that book is for real
My own, my own, my own, my own reality
IMy own, my own reality
Thoughts, deeds, words and actions, hooray for tolerance!.
No, no, no, you won't
Gently drown the theme
Quietly, quietly, quietly, quietly... Life is not a dream

3 hours ago, Jackamo! said:

It is heavily inspired by The Law of One: Ra Material & the phenomena known currently on the internet as the Mandela effect.

www.lawofone.info

www.google.com (Search: "The Mandela Effect")

The Mandela Effect is bullshit.  It's just people misremembering and misquoting things.  It's as simple as that.

Based on what you've said, I think the "Heavy Metal" European style art would work better than manga style for your story.

A picture book basically. There is a collective vow of silence for the most part so there is little actual dialogue. A full sized page for each picture. With Netflix-esque-subtitling done in cursive to cover some thoughts, sounds etc. I seen on facebook this recent demonstration of pages that need to be burned to be read. I would want something like that. All black pages, when burned it reveals images with such detailed surreal images that it is almost otherworldly. Thats the format. With a few secret things up the sleeve.

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why would anyone with an idea comes here on a public forum and reveal it without any concern for having it copycatted :question:

Writing/storytelling don't work like that.  Somebody can give you an idea that sparks something in you and you take off with it but the writer gives it life and direction.  You can't steal somebody else's thought process or the things they weave into the story because you don't have their exact life experiences or see things the same way.  A  lot of stories have the basic same plot.  It's how the writer gets you from beginning to end that makes the story different.

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Writing/storytelling don't work like that.  Somebody can give you an idea that sparks something in you and you take off with it but the writer gives it life and direction.  You can't steal somebody else's thought process or the things they weave into the story because you don't have their exact life experiences or see things the same way.  A  lot of stories have the basic same plot.  It's how the writer gets you from beginning to end that makes the story different.

Well this one does not look like a basic same plot of something else. But there are plenty of cases of plagiarism in all art fields so it's nothing new. Entire books have been copied and released. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nah it's the one where we all merge our minds and spirits into one celestial being to more or less achieve a perfectly synchronized astral orgy but we develop a lisp because of you, so, we get turned off and instead decide to just aimlessly post on MyGNR and watch some Netflix. Eventually we end up marrying a regular mortal, a good person and...that's a story for another day. 

Aw bollocks, I was just about to cum!

• Haha 1