Duff To Play Charity Event

9 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Punk as fuck 

Duran Duran have some tunes though. 

Absolutely disgusting news. Fuck off Mr McKagan. Seriously, RIP GNR.

And yea, no fucking comparison between Cold-shit-play and Duran Duran. The latter had decent musicians who could arrange song properly and originally and made 2 historic awesome records (debut and Rio).

Goddammit, I'm pissed off...

Edited by AncientEvil80

Duff's Punk As Fuck -t-shirts were the last straw. Since then, to me, he has been a dinosaur and a sell-out. And that's his right, but can't take him seriously anymore. He seems a bit weasel-y these days. Like Slash. At least Axl's always been honest about himself being a bit of a dick.

But yeah, this? Don't care either way.

• Like 3

"That sense of family and trust had recently been tainted by management dealings and other wedges that did everything possible to vanquish our bonds."

"Looking back now, it is all so fucking clear. But then and there in the moment, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that outside forces could be so selfish and money-grubbing. These were the hard lessons I would finally learn to live with, although never by." - Duff McKagan

• Haha 1

I don't like Coldplay -and I don't think they have anything to do with Radiohead- but I don't see what's the big deal here.

I agree that Duran Duran were much better. In their time were much more hated by hard rock/metal fans than Coldplay is hated now, though.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Surprised by the negativity here. Chris Martin has made and written some excellent music. May not be everyone’s cup of tea, but musicians can work together collobaritively and still maintain integrity

Besides, this a charity for cancer survivors, not a tour.   More power to them 

This. 

They get a bad rap for some reason but I definitely think they've written/stolen some excellent music! :lol:

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I doubt anyone is crying themselves to sleep over this. But, ya know, GNR are being cunts and all...we're also waiting for music. So hearing Duff is playing with Coldplay is a bit awkward. A bit lame.

You like Coldplay, shutup, Evan! :lol:

Everyone wants to hear new music, but for all I care he goes on tour with Julio Iglesias, if that's what he wants to do then good for him. But I understand this is a benefit gig with the guys from the Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam.

Besides, any band who works as much with Anton Corbijn as they do can't be that bad!

• Haha 1

And besides, we all know Duff has not been punk as fuck in a really long time. I mean couture shopping, attending yachting exhibtions, instagraming and squeezing  GnR`s profits to the max kinda disqualified him from that lifestyle...

Not that it matters, we all evolve, grow up, get lazier and more conservative. I assume he somewhere still has some "punk" attitude and genuine affection for that kind of music in him, but it`s not like he needs to act the same way when as he was in his 20s.

• Like 3