Duff To Play Charity Event

You speak of Coldplay as if they were Nickelback. :facepalm:

Chris Martin is one hell of a songwriter, just listen to "Violet Hill", "Talk" or "Me And Tennessee". If you like a good song and can't give these a nod just because they don't "rock" then you are deaf and braindead. He's no Richard Ashcroft but to be fair I've seen songwriters worse than Martin in the past 20 years.

That Coldplay SOUND though is another thing, sort of the shallow side of mellow taylored to the zombie hipsters.

Duff does the right thing in joining musicians outside the "classic rock" box every now and then. It's cooler than Axl singing with fucking Pink.

5 hours ago, RONIN said:

People find it hard to forgive and forget those cringeworthy Duff T-shirts.

Not cringeworthy, hilarious. I actually considered getting one :lol:

IMO Duff can play with anyone he wants to, no big deal...

Though Coldplay (and C. Martin) is as vanilla as it gets.  I find it baffling that people call them a rock band. Each to their own, I guess. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Wait. What? 

We're dogging Duff for playing at a charity event now? Who gives a shit who else is playing in the band.

Good on Duff for showing support for a charity. 

Jesus, some of you are hilarious with your need to stretch everything into a reason to be mad at GNR members lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Why is Chris Martin singled out here? Look at that poster. So many cool names. It's just a charity event after all 

WillFerrell_1300x620-fd26e18b69.jpg

Chris Martin is singled out here because the OP took a positive story, found the one thing he didn't like about it and created a thread using that as the headline. 

Again, I've corrected the thread title to actually reflect the news story and not one aspect of it :)

• Like 2

How come Coldplay are so hated? Not that i'm a fan or anything but is there something specific that winds everyone up? 

Is it a trend thing maybe? Wasn't it cool to hate Bono - is that still a thing?- is there a point when you think 'actually whatsisname ain't that bad' and get over it?

I dunno, maybe i'm thinking too much :lol:

• Like 3

Radiohead is great. But it is slightly more to grasp than your average cock rock and leather rock bands. I mean, they can't all be Manowar and Slash.

Early U2 was great, too. They actually had an edge at some time. But maybe you had to be there to put it in context. 

Coldplay is a bit too contourless for me, but it take all kinds... 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

How come Coldplay are so hated? Not that i'm a fan or anything but is there something specific that winds everyone up? 

It is elevator music in my opinion. :shrugs:

But I want to underline the level of aggression in this thread is nuts, from both sides: people who criticize Duff (when I first read the title I thought he was actually joining a real band with Chris Martin :facepalm:) and people who scold the ones who complain ('pathetic', 'braindead', etc)

I mean... chill out! It's the fucken weekend!! :headbang:

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It is elevator music in my opinion. :shrugs:

Yes, i get what you mean. It's not to my liking either but there's a lot of people that do seem to hate Coldplay, that's what i don't get. It's inoffensive and bland but so was Whitney Housten and she was well liked -not by me though :lol: