Duff To Play Charity Event

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Yes, i get what you mean. It's not to my liking either but there's a lot of people that do seem to hate Coldplay, that's what i don't get. It's inoffensive and bland but so was Whitney Housten and she was well liked -not by me though :lol:

LOL Whitney Houston was ace and her voice sent from heaven!

I dont know if people truly hate Coldplay :question: its more like frustration and disappointment that they are called a rock band and they have substituted a real rock band... But since rock isn't mainstream anymore, that's all we gonna get and maybe people are just frustrated at the fact that rock is not offering new superbands like in the 70s, 80s, 90s.... It is just resistance to the pass of time and losing spaces :shrugs:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

LOL Whitney Houston was ace and her voice sent from heaven!

I dont know if people truly hate Coldplay :question: its more like frustration and disappointment that they are called a rock band and they have substituted a real rock band... But since rock isn't mainstream anymore, that's all we gonna get and maybe people are just frustrated at the fact that rock is not offering new superbands like in the 70s, 80s, 90s.... It is just resistance to the pass of time and losing spaces :shrugs:

Coldplay is called rock band cause they were one for 3 albums and they'll have that label forever. They were always slow but this isn't pop. Now they're a typical top40 pop shit band but they weren't back in the day

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

Coldplay is called rock band cause they were one for 3 albums and they'll have that label forever. They were always slow but this isn't pop. Now they're a typical top40 pop shit band but they weren't back in the day

That sounds like pop-rock to me.... Or if you want, rock pop but that ain't the rock we knew from decades ago. It is bland shit and its not just the music, their image and attitude doesnt suit rock to me.... or my idea of what rock should be...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That sounds like pop-rock to me.... Or if you want, rock pop but that ain't the rock we knew from decades ago. It is bland shit and its not just the music, their image and attitude doesnt suit rock to me.... or my idea of what rock should be...

This was their image back then. They looked like 4 crackheads (maybe they were, don't know their history :lol: ). I don't think they looked pop at all

Coldplay-band-2000.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

This was their image back then. They looked like 4 crackheads (maybe they were, don't know their history :lol: ). I don't think they looked pop at all

Coldplay-band-2000.jpg

They look like normal random guys to me :shrugs:.... Do you see any 'rock' attitude on them? Pop artists also do drugs so that's not an indicator. 

Those short haircuts, mostly shaven and those boring tshirts bought by mom... come on :lol:

Edited by killuridols

Mr mckagan business wise has turned into gene simmons. The dollar comes first then the art. I dont see the stones being money grabbing and with their discography they could be money grubbibg pricks if the want to be and milk the stones name and music for all their worth but i think GNR milks the band more than the stones do.

• Like 1

On 22.9.2018 at 5:24 PM, GnR Chris said:

Are you people serious? First, it's a charity event. Second, you all sound like dinosaurs whining about how bad another band is and how Duff is a sellout for playing with Chris Martin. Reminds me of high school where kids felt the need to pigeonhole themselves into certain genres. "I like rock. Rap sucks." lol

I don't know why you quoted me, because I specifically said I don't care either way. As in I don't care if he plays with Chris Martin or not. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or my post was poorly written. 

And personally, I think it's good to be open to different genres. 

Edited by jekylhyde

17 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Mr mckagan business wise has turned into gene simmons. The dollar comes first then the art. I dont see the stones being money grabbing and with their discography they could be money grubbibg pricks if the want to be and milk the stones name and music for all their worth but i think GNR milks the band more than the stones do.

The dollar comes first?  Did you not see the part about this being a charity event? lol

• Like 1

On 22/09/2018 at 5:54 AM, Len Cnut said:

Whys this such a big deal, he's played with members of Duran Duran before now.

you have to draw a line somewhere, dont you?

like, when you start performing with chris martin next time you will be doing duets with nickelback, recording albums with puddle of mudd, guesting on creed albums, playing with limp bizkit...

then all of a sudden you will be singing songs live with u2, asking the alter bridge guy to to sing in your band, hiring a rihanna tour musician to play guitar in your tour and stuff like that!

:rofl-lol:

On 22/09/2018 at 4:31 PM, RussTCB said:

Chris Martin is singled out here because the OP took a positive story, found the one thing he didn't like about it and created a thread using that as the headline. 

Again, I've corrected the thread title to actually reflect the news story and not one aspect of it :)

i thought you had removed the fun of the thread title but if "correcting" it is the right way to say it then i stand corrected!

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

like, when you start performing with chris martin next time you will be doing duets with nickelback, recording albums with puddle of mudd, guesting on creed albums, playing with limp bizkit...

then all of a sudden you will be singing songs live with u2, asking the alter bridge guy to to sing in your band, hiring a rihanna tour musician to play guitar in your tour and stuff like that!

I agree you have to draw the line somewhere!  For me I draw my own personal line at not really getting that bent out of shape regarding what one musician I don't know personally chooses to musically do with another musician I don't know personally ;)

On 9/22/2018 at 6:20 AM, Lio said:

Seriously? Are you guys upset because Duff does charity with people from pearl jam, the peppers and Chris Martin? Is that upsetting you? What a pathetic bunch you are.

I hate Coldplay's music and always thought Chris Martin was annoying but I kinda hope Duff does more charity events with him just to see others getting bent out of shape lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I agree you have to draw the line somewhere!  For me I draw my own personal line at not really getting that bent out of shape regarding what one musician I don't know personally chooses to musically do with another musician I don't know personally ;)

aint a guy allowed to make fun of a "grown up" rocker joining the worst singer ever by posting a calvin "facepalm" picture anymore?

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

C'mon now Axl still has his good moments :P

axl at his very worst is at least 18 million times less worse than the coldplay dude!

there is just ONE GUY who is just as annoying as the coldplay dude. its miles kennedy bono vox eddie vedder the creed singer the u2 singer and barbra streisand!

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

i thought you had removed the fun of the thread title but if "correcting" it is the right way to say it then i stand corrected!

Just corrected to reflect the actual news story is all. Instead of having the thread title be the one thing you didn't like about the news story. 

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I'm really, really glad I don't live you in your narrow world of what is and isn't acceptable for artists to do. I would have missed out on a ton of awesome music if I did. 

• Like 1

Fuck Duff for contributing to charity and while doing it messing with our preconceptions of who he is and what he is allowed to do by playing with musicians we don't particularly like! What is next? Is he going to play a charity gig to collect money to fight child leukemia with Nickelback!? Fuck him! Preserving my image of who he is and what he does is much more important than charity!

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just corrected to reflect the actual news story is all. Instead of having the thread title be the one thing you didn't like about the news story. 

I'm really, really glad I don't live you in your narrow world of what is and isn't acceptable for artists to do. I would have missed out on a ton of awesome music if I did. 

i had no idea the threads on this forum need to "reflect the actual news". i thought forum members were allowed to create threads and pick the very specific subject they wanted to discuss, highlighting it on the title to attract people who feel like talking about that same subject. Once again i stand corrected!

i have no idea how a funny & lighthearted post -- or at least a post that was intended/supposed to be funny and lighthearted (!) -- can lead you (or anyone!) to the conclusion that I live in a "narrow world of what is and isn't acceptable for artists to do". I guess the calvin facepalm picture was not a good enough giveaway

Edited by ludurigan
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i had no idea the threads on this forum need to "reflect the actual news". i thought forum members were allowed to create threads and pick the very specific subject they wanted to discuss, highlighting it on the title to attract people who feel like talking about that same subject. Once again i stand corrected!

i have no idea how a funny & lighthearted post -- or at least a post that was intended/supposed to be funny and lighthearted (!) -- can lead you (or anyone!) to the conclusion that I live in a "narrow world of what is and isn't acceptable for artists to do". I guess the calvin facepalm picture was not a good enough giveaway

You can try to hide behind the "i was just doing it for the lulz" excuse all you want, but that doesn't change what you do regularly here. You attempt to post your opinion as fact, then get upset when others disagree.

In this case you've decided that Duff shouldn't be allowed to play with certain artists and made some statements about it. Now becuase a lot of people including myself disagree, it's the rest of us who are wrong and can't take a joke? 

• Thanks 3