If Its Just Slash or Duff Who Came Back?

ChristmasFnatic

When I was making my way to London last year, I overhead someone, who was wearing a retro GN'R shirt, presumably from Primark, say 'the bassist Steven Adler' was back in the fold. I genuinely believe that the casuals only care if it's the crazy bastard with ginger hair and the cunt with the top hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think for the general public all it matters is Axl and Slash

I agree. Only these two guys (together) are able to fill stadiums and, as a consequence, cause interest in the media. Duff basically returned to the band in 2014 and the excitement was restricted to the fans and some segments of the specialized media. And of course all the 2 decades of drama around them helped a lot on this huge success too.

• Like 2

While I agree the Axl-Slash combo is the driving force behind Guns N' Roses, I think the more original members return to the band, the whole thing becomes more legitimate and more people would be willing to pay big money or attend more shows if an added value is perceived.

At this point, Duff is that added value. A whole AFD reunion would be the cherry of the pie but also a new album would be, so... projecting a future for this band involves some kind of legitimation to make up for all the years it was downgraded.

• Like 3

I don't think it would fly. None of those guys are big draws on their own. And if you think people now bitch too much about Adler and Izzy not being part of it, imagine how it would be if they got almost everyone back but no Slash.

No guesses for what every article and every interview would focus on.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2018 at 6:05 AM, -W.A.R- said:

A more interesting question: What if it was Axl-Izzy-Duff-Adler but with Buckethead instead of Slash?

I still doubt it would as successful but i'd say it'd be very successful. Thats pretty damn close to the real deal.

The casual GNR fan has no idea who buckethead is. They just think he's a dickhead with a KFC bucket on his head. I don't think people would give a shit about that reunion.

Gotta admit I knew Duff came back in 2013 but I didn’t really care. I was shocked to know Slash comes back. I was just randomly watching Guns videos on youtube and came across their concert video. I was like “Wait a minute, that’s Slash?? Slash is back to GN’R??!!! I thought he hates Axl!!!”