Gilby Clarke @ The Canyon

Drakestar

We happen to be going to LA October 20-27 for a family vacation. I just noticed that Gilby is playing at The Canyon on October 26th. Tickets are (really) cheap. This venue is 50 miles from Axl’s home. I’m not clear on Gilby’s exit from the band, but I don’t think it was a disaster. I’m thinking about dragging the wife and kids in case of a surprise appearance by the man, but the early flight home the next day might crush that. Ugh. I hate decisions like this.

https://wheremusicmeetsthesoul.com/events/gilby-clarke-ex-guns-n-roses-santa-clarita/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drakestar said:

We happen to be going to LA October 20-27 for a family vacation. I just noticed that Gilby is playing at The Canyon on October 26th. Tickets are (really) cheap. This venue is 50 miles from Axl’s home. I’m not clear on Gilby’s exit from the band, but I don’t think it was a disaster. I’m thinking about dragging the wife and kids in case of a surprise appearance by the man, but the early flight home the next day might crush that. Ugh. I hate decisions like this.

https://wheremusicmeetsthesoul.com/events/gilby-clarke-ex-guns-n-roses-santa-clarita/

Axl wont be attending that's for sure. Gilby gets on well with duff and flash, but theres no friendship between gilby and axl.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Axl wont be attending that's for sure. Gilby gets on well with duff and flash, but theres no friendship between gilby and axl.

But maybe, Axl broke his musical silence in the 90's by taking the stage at a Gilby set. I think they were fine after that. It may be the case that Gilby is let down or pissed about the low ball guest offer he got for NITL but even so if Axl wanted to come by - which would be a class move given the circumstances - it seems like Gilby would once again embrace that.

I probably won’t go since we’ll be getting off a cruise ship at 7am, by the time 9pm rolls around I’ll be ready for bed (I’m getting old). But then again, I’d hate myself if I missed an appearance. I didn’t see any threads from locals on here regarding this, so thought I’d mention about a very rare possible showing.