Slash Interview with Revolver: Axl said, "Let's try Slither." & Talks AFD Box-set

Gordon Comstock

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Axl said, 'Let's try Slither'" is an interesting bit I hadn't read before.

Yeah, Duff said the same in the recent podcast interview. He said Axl suddenly told them before the last leg "I want to try Slither".

The other interesting bit in this interview is the part about the AFD box set. It's the first time the price is brought up in an interview.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, Duff said the same in the recent podcast interview. He said Axl suddenly told them before the last leg "I want to try Slither".

The other interesting bit in this interview is the part about the AFD box set. It's the first time the price is brought up in an interview.

Ah, I listened to part of the podcast but missed that, thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

So slash found out about the box set being expensive because of i assume reading in social media  then duff says he doesnt read social media of the izzy loot situation, and that his wife tells him. Duff really is a spineless prick.

People complained about the box set on Meegan's IG, and Meegan reads the comments. Probably she told Slash, so it's the same as Duff hearing it from his wife.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

So slash found out about the box set being expensive because of i assume reading in social media  then duff says he doesnt read social media of the izzy loot situation, and that his wife tells him. Duff really is a spineless prick.

Lol what?

• Like 2

"We wanted to put everything in there that we're aware of. There was stuff we had in the can that no one has ever heard — plus some live stuff and different things that the band has done and put in this one package."

Everything that we are aware of? Live stuff? Does Slash knows what is in the box?

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The lack of Ritz gig is an obvious oversight - I wish he had been asked about that. More tellingly, he says that Shadow was remixed? I thought it was ‘as-is’ from back in the day?

All the other versions of Shadow are the original, but the one released as a single that Mike Clink did was for sure remixed, the sonic qualities are definitely modern.  Which is why there is the whole tin foil conspiracy on it not being Steven Adler on drums lol I think just because there was modern, and different processing on the drums than there was back in the day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

All the other versions of Shadow are the original, but the one released as a single that Mike Clink did was for sure remixed, the sonic qualities are definitely modern.  Which is why there is the whole tin foil conspiracy on it not being Steven Adler on drums lol I think just because there was modern, and different processing on the drums than there was back in the day

Hmm - I normally have a good ear for this stuff (or so I thought) and really didn’t think it had been remixed but certainly remastered. Do the credits show it as being ‘remixed’?

Anyway - if it HAS it has been done really well!

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Hmm - I normally have a good ear for this stuff (or so I thought) and really didn’t think it had been remixed but certainly remastered. Do the credits show it as being ‘remixed’?

Anyway - if it HAS it has been done really well!

I am not sure about the credits, hopefully someone with a physical copy of one of the editions can comment on that one!  I agree with you, I personally quite like the remix a lot, it rocks hard

15 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Steven Adler himself is the strongest proponent of that conspiracy theory :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am not sure about the credits, hopefully someone with a physical copy of one of the editions can comment on that one!  I agree with you, I personally quite like the remix a lot, it rocks hard

It says: "Produced and engineered by Mike Clink. Recorded at Rumbo Studios, Canoga Park, Ca - November 23, 1986. 2nd engineer: Todd Wilson. Mixed by Chris Lord-Alge at Mix LA, Tarzana, Ca - February 2018. Assisted by Nik Karpen. Additional engineering by Adam Chagnon. Previously unreleased."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It says: "Produced and engineered by Mike Clink. Recorded at Rumbo Studios, Canoga Park, Ca - November 23, 1986. 2nd engineer: Todd Wilson. Mixed by Chris Lord-Alge at Mix LA, Tarzana, Ca - February 2018. Assisted by Nik Karpen. Additional engineering by Adam Chagnon. Previously unreleased."

Thanks for typing that out!  So that definitely confirms the remix, as well as to me dispels the theory that there were re-recorded parts because I would assume they would have said "additional recording and mix by... in 2018", so sorry Steven that is indeed you on drums :lol:

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Thanks for typing that out!  So that definitely confirms the remix, as well as to me dispels the theory that there were re-recorded parts because I would assume they would have said "additional recording and mix by... in 2018", so sorry Steven that is indeed you on drums :lol:

Just noticed that the acoustic version of Move to the City was also remixed recently. The rest of the Sound City songs were not. MttC was remixed in August 2017 by Jeff Fura at Universal Music Enterprises. This begs the question. Why were SOYL and MttC remixed in different sessions by different guys? Was the decision to rerelease a remixed version of SOYL made late in the process? They did remix MttC for some other purpose?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

it doesnt say: additional guitars by Slash, 2018

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Cheers for that. Mixed really well. 👍